Root Aphids... The Silent Killers

• Thread starter CandyLynn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CandyLynn

CandyLynn

Hello all, for one I am new to this site. I have some questions about Root aphids. My first grow went superb. Fatbuds. Potent as hell. Just not as many as I would have liked to grow...Im a stoner and a half my self and go through it quick. Next grow I got fungus gnats...they were lame but I just washed the buds with H202 water. Bugs were everywhere. I used masquito dunks, Neem, DE,you name it. Next few grows Ive been struck with some fucked up luck. These root aphids. I want to nuke em. HOWEVER I WILL NOT USE ANY SORT OF EVEN SEMI HARSH PESTICIDES. I am sticktly organic. Which can be a pain. Ive used everything. My last grow sucked balls yeild wise thank to those bastards. Ive used so many items. Neem oil, h202, sm90, takedown garden spray, caliclean spray, spinosad, pyrithrin, byrithrin, and more. Ive recently started using OG Bio War, Root Pack, Nute Pack and Foliar Pack, used to be called Caps Bennies I guess. Ive also recently gotten into teas. Im very picky. I love this brand Dragonfly Earth Medicine. Its got a lot of beneficial bacterica and microbes as well. All natural real good shit. In fact it smells good when it brews...lol...so heres my question. Will the root aphids actually perish and keep my girls from getting sick (more bugs or WPM)? Thank you.

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Dang man thats a bummer. Ive delt with my fare share of problems and It can be so frusterating! Try to find the source! That might be a dirty grow room, letting your cat into your grow room, storing food near your grow room or eating in your grow room, or having a straight unfiltered air access your grow room, long story short try to find what the root of the problem is and stop it there. Sounds like you've tried every aide in the book. Best wishes your way.
Jdog out

Homesteader

Homesteader

MicroBElift BMC for birdbaths works for me when dunks didn't at a fraction the cost. BTi should be safe enough and this is a more concentrated amount than the dunks. I use one drop per gallon of water.

Robert72181

Robert72181

I have heard of a product called grow stone is supposed to be made out of recycled glass exposed to tear them to shreds they try to climb out of the dirt care of them to pieces

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
None of those are going to work against RAs. You can try some BioWar, or Met52. But the other products will, in my experience, literally piss off the female flyers into an epic population explosion.

CandyLynn

CandyLynn

See ive tried all these were talking about here. Not Met 52 Though. Im like a growshop myself. I have practically every product most grow shops in my 50 surrounding miles has. To battle bugs to the death. Sea maiden talked about Biowar. Has anyone else. I have all 3 packs the seem to be working. But I want more knowledge about folks that have actually used it as well.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Thanks @Seamaiden I assumed I was covered with using Bti.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

You got 2.choices: 1. Cut everything down, clean clean clean and start over. Or 2. Use a nuclear chemical attack. (Merit 75wsp) Organics don't work sorry. Met 52 will keep them at bay.....but they will come back. You have to hit em with the imid.then met52 as a prevenative. Is what it is. You can take my advice or keep failing crop after crop. And for what it's worth, I have beaten RA before and not chopped down. Your yield will suffer after Imid up to 30%. I did a write up on how to beat them on here, use the search function. Follow that protocol and you will win. And in the future.....don't take clones from people, grow from seed or understand the ideas of quarantine completely.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
You got 2.choices: 1. Cut everything down, clean clean clean and start over. Or 2. Use a nuclear chemical attack. (Merit 75wsp) Organics don't work sorry. Met 52 will keep them at bay.....but they will come back. You have to hit em with the imid.then met52 as a prevenative. Is what it is. You can take my advice or keep failing crop after crop. And for what it's worth, I have beaten RA before and not chopped down. Your yield will suffer after Imid up to 30%. I did a write up on how to beat them on here, use the search function. Follow that protocol and you will win. And in the future.....don't take clones from people, grow from seed or understand the ideas of quarantine completely.
Thiss is so on point i used azamax and avid and it just pissed em off and i was over whelmed with flyers i used old stage root cleaner and it knoxked em back pretty hard but its super pricy and u have to use alot met is great as a preventive i mix it in every batch of soil

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Yup.have to use the triazicide as a knock down contact killer and then the merit as a bumper to not let them re infest..I am a organic guy too, so I know how bad it sucks to chem up.....but as you do something for a quarter decade you kinda figure out what works and what doesnt. I stick with results and tried and true methods. As soon as someone figures out an all organic approach I will be all over it......but, I am actually working on an invention/method for the masses that will eliminate medium contaminants, pests and pathogens; 100% organic. Should be done In About a year.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I didn't have that knowledge, used the Merit first.

CandyLynn

CandyLynn

Heres my deal. I have an abandoned nursery nextdoor to my house. Literally. Tons of dying trees. Has been for a few years now. And a big ass field surrounding the rest of my property. Is this a problem? I was doing my own clones but the RAs are always here. I need a purpetual grow. I had amazing bluedeam phenotypes/genetics. Couldnt let her go. I did now. Im doing my last harvest with blue dream and lsd. I have 2 nice outdoor girls starting to flower, and one 1 HPK under a 600 vegging as well indoors. I did a transplant 3 days ago into a 3 gal with all the OG Bio War products. And a foliar after dark.

G gnome

G gnome

I don't know if we are talking about the same product I am talking about grow Stone recycled glass top dress
Images 8

This the stuff?

Latest posts

Top Bottom