Root aphids?

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Standard Tx when you begin to see fungus gnats. RA's scoff at such a control. I used the DE sold for bug control.

green punk

green punk

SNS 203 works. Its kind of spendy though. You need to use it at 6 to 8 0z per gallon of filtered water (double the amt the label states). 3 applications at this ratio will killem. You can even pour it on straight it will not kill your plants but it will slow them down.
It also kills thrips and fungus gnats.

R

RockPhosphate

Diatomaceous Earth works if its DRY.

By itself, it won't solve any problem.
Used with other control methods it will reduce fliers of RAs or Gnats really well.

Try mixing an ample amount of DE in fresh compost or soil. Remove the top loose soil from the infected ones. Water your girls good. Replace the topsoil with the dry DE laced mud and you're good to go.

This way you are reducing the numbers of eggs in the soil/room, and adding a control.

I throw a dusting in the bottom of the runoff trays as well.

DE is a great natural control, it just has to be dry...

S

Sparkafire

Do you have root aphids? Reading all the concoctions of doom though out this thread really makes you realize that the saying is true opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Most have an opinion and the majority don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Look you have 2 choices fuck around with herbal teas,potions,voodoo magic or get serious about your grow and take professional action and stop fucking around hoping that your choice of remedy will work.

Merit 75 is the big boy medicine and you have to treat it as such but when you are done they are done PERIOD!! I know what some will say "Oh its toxic blah blah blah but ask yourself this do you want to smoke your weed or do you want the bugs to smoke it? Pay attention to what you are doing and its not toxic it just works. No you cant spray it 2 weeks before harvest.....

Grown up herbicides for grown up growers.

I am not trying to be a dick it's just my 2 cents, take it as you like.

green punk

green punk

Dude read the whole thread, and the other thread. There are several of us dealing with these little fucks. Are you in B.C. cuz it sounds like your growing your own beasters. Enjoy smoking poison, and I hope you realize how silly you sound.

green punk

green punk

Do you have root aphids? Reading all the concoctions of doom though out this thread really makes you realize that the saying is true opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Most have an opinion and the majority don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Look you have 2 choices fuck around with herbal teas,potions,voodoo magic or get serious about your grow and take professional action and stop fucking around hoping that your choice of remedy will work.

Merit 75 is the big boy medicine and you have to treat it as such but when you are done they are done PERIOD!! I know what some will say "Oh its toxic blah blah blah but ask yourself this do you want to smoke your weed or do you want the bugs to smoke it? Pay attention to what you are doing and its not toxic it just works. No you cant spray it 2 weeks before harvest.....

^^^^
Grown up "herbicides" will kill your plants and so will juvenile versions. In fact all herbicides will kill your plants. I think you got a bit huffy and meant to say "pesticides". But good luck with that grown up stuff>

C

canaguy27

Bayer Fruit and Citrus Spray kills them all. Look for the one that ONLY has Imidacloprid as the active ingredient, which is nicotine based.

edit: look at home depot or lowes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
<repeat mode:ON> No, it doesn't kill them all. It requires repeated treatments, and even then it doesn't kill them all. Worse yet? It remains in plant tissues, though fortunately the Bayer T&S doesn't remain as long as Merit does. Still though, neither is approved for consumables as Spectracide with triazicide is. The final word on RAs in the field and laboratory though is Botanigard (or its equivalents like Naturalis).

Please, take your own advice. Really? Did you ever read the label of any imid product? If you're playing around with Merit you can't spray it once you've flipped them into flower (unless you're running a 100 day strain), or at least, you shouldn't. Of course, what should be and what is? They're two different things.

I personally don't want to smoke imid-saturated weed. Don't want to smoke triazicide-saturated weed, but at least that clears from tissues much, much sooner than imids, especially Merit. Proven scientifically, if that's what you're actually after, would be a product like Botanigard. Retail on a pint is a C-note. Now, that's being a grown up, that's not playing around. :makeup

Top Bottom