Root Bound?

• Thread starter dc1994
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dc1994

if a plant becomes root bound will it die or just not grow any taller? if it keeps growing will it produce buds?

N

Nada

true, ^^^

Unless yo know whats up. :very_first_smiley:

Heres a rootbound appalachia at day 27 in a 1gal pot, should end uwith 3-4 oz

DSC05344

DSC05348

DSC05354

A

aphid

It would be a lot better off and produce more if you just repotted it.

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

I wouldn't bet on 3-4 ounces out of that pot. Yield is directly proportinant to root mass but you'll prob get an oz or so off of it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Also you'll have to water a lot more, and they won't respond very well when you do if they're rootbound.

N

Nada

Also you'll have to water a lot more, and they won't respond very well when you do if they're rootbound.

Actually, this is the third round that I have seen this method and have personally seen plants yield 3-4 ounces in one galon pots.

second, yes they do need water alot more. and they also grow alot more, and have an amazing (white fuzzy) root mass. I also use the same nutrient mix for 50+ strains and they all respond great!

sometimes things just happen diffrently than you think they would

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sorry Nada, I wasn't saying you weren't going to get the yield you say you are, just that they'll require more watching (watering) as well as issues with response. Growing well with a confined root mass is an art, not everyone can do it.

N

Nada

Sorry Nada, I wasn't saying you weren't going to get the yield you say you are, just that they'll require more watching (watering) as well as issues with response. Growing well with a confined root mass is an art, not everyone can do it.

yeah... good point there. It sure is a bitch

D

DoubleDub

Yield is directly proportionate to root mass

While many consider this common knowledge throughout the community that statement is not necessarily true. If you give the plant the water and nutrients it needs, it can actually grow pretty close to its full potential off a very small root mass. Surely its yield will be hindered slightly but Ive seen plants do well in tiny pots first hand. Also there's a famous pic around the forum community of a giant outdoor monster growing out of like a 2-3 gallon pot. Its a hilarious pics. Anyone have that pic?

Top Bottom