Root Boundedness To Allow 6 Month Veg

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

2 Feb '17 took cuttings from three keepers.
Root boundedness to allow 6 month veg
This being the final indoor cycle I plan to do this spring, I wish for these plants to stay small for as long as possible so that they are ready for a fall flower cycle starting early September.

The plan:
grow 2 plants of each keeper outside this summer.
Half the plants will be up potted in keeping with normal practice, and half will be held in small pots for as in an attempt to stunt their growth.

Let's see what happens.

Smerb

Smerb

2 Feb '17 took cuttings from three keepers.
View attachment 677869 This being the final indoor cycle I plan to do this spring, I wish for these plants to stay small for as long as possible so that they are ready for a fall flower cycle starting early September.

The plan:
grow 2 plants of each keeper outside this summer.
Half the plants will be up potted in keeping with normal practice, and half will be held in small pots for as in an attempt to stunt their growth.

Let's see what happens.
I am real good at stunting growth. HA! Pinch and prod them big time.

Dunge

Dunge

I could pass a lie detector test that I posted this picture six days ago.
I say this to assure any readers that I will keep this thread updated with every transitional stage.

These are the six subjects:
20170313 085241

2 ChenDog
2 Blue Mango
2 White Fire

As soon as I see roots out the bottom I will up-pot the larger sample into a 6 inch square, allowing the other to achieve suffer the indignity of getting root bound, and watch to see how stunted I can get growth to be.

Dunge

Dunge

5 April 2017
Two months from taking cuts and it is time to up-pot the "normal" plants. I selected the larger of the paired clone sets for this, and these are my "keeper preservation" plants that will be clone sources for my next cycle starting in September.
20170405 154406

Here we see the three pair.
20170405 160636

Root bounded stunting to start now.
I'm in super soil, so some salts will be required to keep these alive.

Dunge

Dunge

I apologize for this thread, but I'm bringing it to an end.
20170425 100310 001

Upon noticing that the root bound plants are doing better than the up-potted, the idea of purposely stunting plants suddenly became a useless idea.

The plan is to simply take cuttings in June for a September flower cycle.
Not sure now why I thought it would be useful to do otherwise.

Top Bottom