• Thread starter booboo111
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dizzy Weasel

Dizzy Weasel

Loves Eating Tacos
Supporter
run pure water till they recover.
Whenever I drain 70% and refil with r.o. My system will only drop like 20% off ppm, so is that what you mean by pure water or do you somehow get ec down by flushing out all the buckets?

Dizzy Weasel

Dizzy Weasel

Loves Eating Tacos
Supporter
Just did a water changeout, drained to top of tubes, found sys #1 needed a lot of root pruning ( back 3-4 buckets in each row water was barley above tubes from ball and runners stopping the "under current" ) I decided to train them instead of cut as I'm at day 22 I grabbed the long runners and wrapped the root ball clogging the connecting tube back to the other end and it seemed to hold the ball back it's been only 24hrs.... Also flushed both 32dbxxl systems...., sys #1 ppm was at 270 and sys #2 ppm was at 290 before drain and fill with only 10ppm r.o and sys #1 is at 170ppm and #2 is at 170ppm and I not doing changeout ofter enough or somthing seems like it should go lower

Dizzy Weasel

Dizzy Weasel

Loves Eating Tacos
Supporter
All with r.o. ? I would need 1500gal to do that.... I might have to do like my buddy and pump out each module I ghess... Arghh pain in the ass

namedul

namedul

I don't run r/o since the chlorine helps clean everything you could just gravity drain them all through your air stones it goes pretty fast if u don't want to put a pump in each

Dizzy Weasel

Dizzy Weasel

Loves Eating Tacos
Supporter
Great idea! I have 180ppm well h20 so tap is not an option..... I may look for a pump that can do it (any ideas) maybe danner and prime airline with water first? as my air lines go into 3/4" that goes to rez room with air pumps that's 24" above my systems then it would be easy plumb in a tee and 2 valves so I can switch right to drain pump and switch off air pumps and valve... Last few days I just hooked each system to permenently hooked up drain pump in epicenter that can be controlled from rez room, each system has its own 1/2 gravity feed on a float & valve to turn off while draining so it fills back up in about 35min no need to disturb darkness
I don't run r/o since the chlorine helps clean everything you could just gravity drain them all through your air stones it goes pretty fast if u don't want to put a pump in each[/quot

Last edited:
Top Bottom