Root Enhancers: which brand is the best out

• Thread starter EveryOneSmokes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xrob415x

xrob415x

I have use rhizotonic and am currently using Roots excel. Im sticking with the roots excel because the dose is so low. I also heard that its better for tap roots and the rhizo is better for feeder roots( fuzzy) Also I use Great White once a week for the first two weeks. Just to help build a bene colony quicker

U

ukbigbud

is rootbastic out now?
been waiting for a year to try it, herd they had some labeling issues
atami wont send me any more samples lol

masta quick question, why do you want to try this??? yet on the amino treatment thread you say..... just another thing to throw in the res???

isnt this just another nute then

grower2

grower2

I've been trying out Rapid Start with great results so far the bottle says 1.1ml just like Roots XL.. I used roots xl last run & it gave me great roots but at a lower price I'm gettin the same killer roots with Rapid Start peep my clones
9370b219.jpg

I had heard wrong about the dosage for Rapid Star thent, I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

G

Gaphoon

In that video big mike talks about Roots Excel as a hormone based product. I've spoken to H&G about this topic several times, as well as this video. They won't even use that video for promo purposes because he makes such a point of claiming it's a hormone product.
They had a microscope and screen at their booth during the shows in San Diego and Portland. I have seen with my own 2 eyes, the living bacteria inside roots excelurator.

For roots I use:
Roots Excel
Orca
Sea Green+Rootamentary
Organic All Phase
Also getting ready to try out the new Bountea brew kit as well.

gardenganster

gardenganster

My post towards the start of this thread I mentioned some products I've used with decent results, including Root66, BioBizz RootJuice and GH Rapid Start, I've since started using Great White and Humboldt Nutrients Myco Maximum, I can tell you from experience...I didn't know what "decent results" were until I started using these products. Great White is one product you can almost watch working on your roots, as they start to colonize...especially when cloning and applied while still propagating. Just an update to previous post. Thought it worth mentioning due to difference I've seen. Hope it helps. Peace

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

As much as I have never been a fan of GH, there Rapid Start is awesome and is a lot easier on the wallet than House and Gardens RE.

A person in the know informed me recently that GH reverse engineered RE....and RS is the result.

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Went to the hydro store to pick up some roots excel...but in comparing the dosage cost I still went with rapid start... hasn't done me wrong yet and u get good roots for half the price...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
only difference between roots xcel and gh rapid start is the roots xcl is twice the price

D

Donkdbz

After using GH Rapid Start I will no longer use Roots excel.

Especially since I noticed the label change on roots excel a month ago. went from 1.3 nh4 to 0.1n03 and 0.1nh4

mango420

mango420

Ive used Rhizotonic for a while and have never seen such strong, white roots. I also used it in my aero cloner and the rooting was amazing. I had clones in the aero for 3 weeks at 80f and not a single brown root and got 100% success rate. I decided to try the Rapid start a few weeks ago as it is about half the price. Well you get what you pay for. I ran a fresh batch in my aero cloner, everything the same just Rapid start instead of Rhizo. After 6 days I had lost 3 clones already due to mushy stems. Also the ones that had rooted started getting brown slime buildup on them, this is after only 6 days. After 2 weeks I only have half rooted and have lost about 25% to mushy stems. When i did them in rhizo I had 100% rooted after one week. I will never use the Rapid start again. If you can afford it, Rhizo is the only way to go.

Rhizo clones
Picture 304

Picture 303

Picture 301

Rootbound 5gals after 4 weeks veg.
Picture 206

Picture 198

Picture 197

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

I think roots xcel is cheaper since your only using 1ml per gallon.
I think rapid start is 2 ml per gallon, correct if me if Im wrong.

My hydro shop did a side by side in a cloner and the roots xcel roots were thicker and shooting out horizontally. Rapid start had slightly more roots that were thinner shooting down more. I would go with either, but on that side by side I thought roots excel roots were a tad bit nicer.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I think roots xcel is cheaper since your only using 1ml per gallon.
I think rapid start is 2 ml per gallon, correct if me if Im wrong.

My hydro shop did a side by side in a cloner and the roots xcel roots were thicker and shooting out horizontally. Rapid start had slightly more roots that were thinner shooting down more. I would go with either, but on that side by side I thought roots excel roots were a tad bit nicer.

yeah your wrong its 1

Both of them work better at 2ml gal

Latest posts

Top Bottom