Root Issues

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Tonight I was transplanting some plants from 1 gallon to 5 gallon containers. They have been in the 1 gallon pots for a month now. Usually my roots are packed solid and circling a bit. Not this time....the only thing that was still rooted was the original dixie cup root mass. The roots that were dangling off of that did not look good. Unfortunately I did not take pics.

So...I'm pretty sure it is something in my coco. Pythium...whatever. My questions to you guys and gals is this. Should I blast the now transplanted plant with Zone, H2O2, and then hit em with some OGBiowar laden tea? Or should I just mix up a batch of tea that's has more root and foliar pack than I normally use?

I gave them a double shot of Cannazyme when I watered tonight as well.

Not sure what route to take as I have never had root issues in coco.

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

soserthc1

soserthc1

As long as the roots from the cups still look healthy i would untangle them a little bit and add some of your root additive caps , zho , whichever you may use and try again possible with new coco's maybe you got a bad bag , maybe the root just continued to swirl. Did you have in cups long ? if the roots are still healthy and white , i would say your ok - if not don't really know - pictures would help ?

best of luck
SoSerthc1

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Me, either, Celtic. I'd wanna get some tea in there, for sure, but may also give some palliative support via foliar applications. A little seaweed in the mix wouldn't hurt, either. Otherwise, last resort would be Roots Excelurator.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

As long as the roots from the cups still look healthy i would untangle them a little bit and add some of your root additive caps , zho , whichever you may use and try again possible with new coco's maybe you got a bad bag , maybe the root just continued to swirl. Did you have in cups long ? if the roots are still healthy and white , i would say your ok - if not don't really know - pictures would help ?

best of luck
SoSerthc1

It was old coco, the roots from the cups were solid, but the roots while they were in the 1 gallon pots were not healthy at all. Which leads me to believe that there is a pathogen in that coco. I already transplanted them and I didn't get to take pics.

soserthc1

soserthc1

It was old coco, the roots from the cups were solid, but the roots while they were in the 1 gallon pots were not healthy at all. Which leads me to believe that there is a pathogen in that coco. I already transplanted them and I didn't get to take pics.

Transplanted in new coco ?

soserthc1

soserthc1

No....it's old coco. After a round I usually run some cal-mag and cannazyme through it and reuse it.

Well I would def hit with some cap teas and keep a eye on in you might need some new coco but really a soil grower myself as I hate bugs of any kind and have heard that coco really breeds nats.....

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Well I would def hit with some cap teas and keep a eye on in you might need some new coco but really a soil grower myself as I hate bugs of any kind and have heard that coco really breeds nats.....
I used to have problems with fungus gnats until I started giving my girls a regular dose of cap's bene's. Now no gnats! Pretty sure it's pythium and I guess I am just wondering if Cap's bene's will kill it.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I used to have problems with fungus gnats until I started giving my girls a regular dose of cap's bene's. Now no gnats! Pretty sure it's pythium and I guess I am just wondering if Cap's bene's will kill it.

Should they work wonders for me about to order up some more along with weekly aramax treatments ...... keep us updated best of luck bro,
peace soser

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If it's pyth then you are gonna be in trouble. There is a product called fongarid if you can get your hands on it and you are in early veg. Once and done. I got that tip from homie Glow (integral hydro).

Otherwise, the root pack will help.

Top Bottom