Root Issues.

• Thread starter sweetpea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetpea

I have two mother plants that are 6 weeks into flowering and I noticed their roots are starting to turn a light brown color with some black spots on the secondaries ? No slime. Water temp is 70 degrees, using current culture nutrients, air in all the buckets, ph is a little higher then I normally keep it, sitting at 6.7 , PPM is 450 ( I did a phed flush 4 days ago, and added nutrients at half strength) Any suggestions ? They are not happy ;o(
Root issues
Root issues 2
Root issues 3

S

sweetpea

How are they mother plants if theyve been flowering for 6 weeks ? I think your water temps are too hot. The ph at 6.7 is way high im not sure if that will have an adverse reaction on your root zone but it will definitely affect nutrient uptake. Good luck.
They where mother plants for almost a year. I put them into flower 6 weeks ago. I dropped my water temp to 66 degrees (slowly). I lowered the Ph to 6.5. Going to bring it down a little more today to around 6.2. Any suggestions on how to fix the roots ?

Thanks.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Drop the pH and the temps, it looks like you're getting water temps into the recommended range, but a pH range in the 6's is too high for hydro, it needs to be low to mid 5s.

Beyond that, I can only bump, I haven't (yet) done straight water-only hydro, but I have done a good bit of coir as well as perlite hempy tubs.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
With much experimenting and lots of runs, I have found 65-66 deg F is the sweet spot for dro water temps. I typically let my ph drift from 5.2 up thru 5.8 Reason for allowing drift is to capture all of the nutes as certain nutes uptake better at different levels. Try these parameters and you should be ok. As for repairing the existing roots over time the Mom will throw off new growth in the root zone. Addition of some enzymes to your rez will aid in decompsing and ridding the rootball of the older dead growth. Cannazyme is an excellent product. A tad on the pricey side tho. Or for a cheaper addition you can use MultiZyme from H & G (house n garden).

I hope this helped and happy holidazzzzz

S

sweetpea

With much experimenting and lots of runs, I have found 65-66 deg F is the sweet spot for dro water temps. I typically let my ph drift from 5.2 up thru 5.8 Reason for allowing drift is to capture all of the nutes as certain nutes uptake better at different levels. Try these parameters and you should be ok. As for repairing the existing roots over time the Mom will throw off new growth in the root zone. Addition of some enzymes to your rez will aid in decompsing and ridding the rootball of the older dead growth. Cannazyme is an excellent product. A tad on the pricey side tho. Or for a cheaper addition you can use MultiZyme from H & G (house n garden).

I hope this helped and happy holidazzzzz
Okay, will do. Thank you! Letting the ph drift now makes sense to me ;o) Happy holidays !

S

sweetpea

Hay guys, I just put some clones into my RDWC system 9 days ago, the clones where taken from a plant in flower. When we clone we use our tap water that has a ph of 7.5 to 7.6 and a ppm of 150, water temp is around 72 degrees, no nutrient until roots appear, and clear rez. They had nice white roots with secondaries when we transplanted them. I transplanted them into r/o water with a ph of 6.8, water temp was in the low 70s, using currant culture nutrients, ppms where 160. lots of air in the system ( air ration rate is 1.6 lpm/gal ) Now 9 days later our roots are PINK ??? They don't look super unhappy, but not thriving either ? Please help if you can, Thanks !!

keiksweat

keiksweat

Picture
Hay guys, I just put some clones into my RDWC system 9 days ago, the clones where taken from a plant in flower. When we clone we use our tap water that has a ph of 7.5 to 7.6 and a ppm of 150, water temp is around 72 degrees, no nutrient until roots appear, and clear rez. They had nice white roots with secondaries when we transplanted them. I transplanted them into r/o water with a ph of 6.8, water temp was in the low 70s, using currant culture nutrients, ppms where 160. lots of air in the system ( air ration rate is 1.6 lpm/gal ) Now 9 days later our roots are PINK ??? They don't look super unhappy, but not thriving either ? Please help if you can, Thanks !!
,I've gotta see pink roots bro.all your problems are coming from temps and ph,I've just gone to soil.ran rdwc for couple of years.started getting similar probs.then one thing after another.if I go bk to dwc,I'll definitely invest in a chiller.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Sorry to interupt but just wanted to say hi to another lady farmer.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Ppm's seem a bit low for 6 weeks, imo you should be at least at 1200 or minimum1000.

W

Wavo

How are they mother plants if theyve been flowering for 6 weeks ? I think your water temps are too hot. The ph at 6.7 is way high im not sure if that will have an adverse reaction on your root zone but it will definitely affect nutrient uptake. Good luck.
Water temp to high ,look at bringing ph down.

Top Bottom