Root Pack Now 99% Talc?

• Thread starter whatthe215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
john martin

john martin

Is there any type of screen that would let the good stuff through, but filter the talc?

Apollo13

Apollo13

Just guessing, but if you can leave solids on bottom and pour off liquid, should be simple like strain through a bubble bag aND use liquid. We'll see what the man says..lol

john martin

john martin

I did a foliar in early flower and was lazy and did not strain the talc out. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal and would wash off easy a few days later, but that stuff can really linger around. After a few fulvic / yucca foliar soaks I think I got it all.

I was reading that a lot of people foliar with this through finish, and even with the large majority of the talc settling at the bottom, I worry a bit about bits of talc lodging in the buds and getting smoked?

Apollo13

Apollo13

As a gereral rule, I never spray in flower cept pure ro water. I know people do it. Even well water leaves salts...why u flush hydro to flush minerals. So adding doesn't make sense to me. I know residue gets left behind and up in smoke it goes! Common sense tells u it can't all be absorbed. This is supposed to be pharmaceutical grade pure and contamination free as you can possible get it. Not hobby harsh smoke. Lol, sorry. I'm sure I pissed somebody off.. I know some do but it doesn't fly in my grow.

Tnelz

Tnelz

If it mixing a million gallons disregard unless u have a huge turkey baster. But if we r talking a gallon at a time mix shake let settle. Then use a turkey baster to draw liquid from the container. I use a 1.5 cup baster and never get talc mixed in at all. U can get very close to the settled talc without drawing any up so u waste very little water.Respect @Capulator . Easily the best 3 products of their mind and I wouldn't be caught dead without them.

Tnelz

Tnelz

If it mixing a million gallons disregard unless u have a huge turkey baster. But if we r talking a gallon at a time mix shake let settle. Then use a turkey baster to draw liquid from the container. I use a 1.5 cup baster and never get talc mixed in at all. U can get very close to the settled talc without drawing any up so u waste very little water.Respect @Capulator . Easily the best 3 products of their mind and I wouldn't be caught dead without them.
That's kind

H

happy b

Well, when you are on the level of pesticides and government regulation, you are playing with the big boys and the big boys make their own rules. I ain't trying to be the low hanging fruit so better to comply.

I can list bacillus as a soil builder, but I can't list beauvaria as such unless I can provide scientific evidence that shows this. Otherwise, it is a known biopesticide and has to be registered. Registering is a very long process, and with multiple species unbelievably difficult and near impossible. This is why you see all the registered products with just one active ingredient (met52=metarhizium, botaniguard= beauvaria, actinovate=streptomyces, nofly= paecilomyces etc). Trust me I tried to find all the loopholes and the states which we are registered in weren't having it. Especially Cali and Oregon.

Monsanto = EPA/FDA right? Same employees and everything. The EPA considers you a small business if you make 60 million a year or less, if that puts anything in to perspective.
They dont half like to make it hard for small buisnesses.my hats off to ya cap for even putting your toe in them shark infested waters.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If you let it settle completely and scoop or pour the liquid off the top you won't get residue. Talc when burned has an extremely high burning point so even if you did try to smoke straight talc I don't think the lighter would get hot enough.

Apollo13

Apollo13

I just can't see the reason why u spray meds with anything in flower knowing particles get left behind. Just dirty bud in my mind. But I'm learning and could be wrong. I'm old school, and still learning. I obviously need to read more because I'm not sure why u would do that, and if the benefits justify this action. I love ewc tea but still don't spray my plants with it simply because I would be spraying contaminates on my plants on purpose regardless of benefits. Seems counter productive. But why I feel I must not understand it properly. I sure I'm about to get it..... I can feel someone frantically typing right now. Lol

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I just can't see the reason why u spray meds with anything in flower knowing particles get left behind. Just dirty bud in my mind. But I'm learning and could be wrong. I'm old school, and still learning. I obviously need to read more because I'm not sure why u would do that, and if the benefits justify this action. I love ewc tea but still don't spray my plants with it simply because I would be spraying contaminates on my plants on purpose regardless of benefits. Seems counter productive. But why I feel I must not understand it properly. I sure I'm about to get it..... I can feel someone frantically typing right now. Lol

For sure, and you are entitled to grow plants any way you want. I spray all kinds of stuff personally up to about week 5. Ca25, kelp, MKP, OG Biowar, water...

I think if you look on a microscopic level elements are present in plant tissue no matter what. If you are smoking a plant, you are inhaling all kinds of stuff, even if you have never sprayed it with anything.

Apollo13

Apollo13

I'm aware, why I feel adding more is not better, seems lIke more contaminants. I mean no disrespect. Are the benefits of spraying ur flower crop worth it. It must affect ur thc % since some weight is contaminants, or does it grow so much more it is worth it. I believe in spraying if u have a uptake issue, but usually just kill it if it's havin issues in flower because I perpetually grow... I'm probably straight up wrong.

Apollo13

Apollo13

And I'm trying to be objective and open. Without bullying or offending. If I do, it was not my intent. Just searchin for a better product.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
And I'm trying to be objective and open. Without bullying or offending. If I do, it was not my intent. Just searchin for a better product.

You would have to try really hard to offend me and I take no disrespect at all. This is a forum and everyone has an opinion. Foliar feeding is awesome in my opinion. Plants can readily use foliar sprays and you can correct deficiencies really quickly if you know what you are doing. You can also use them to boost flower production, increase stacking, etc. I like the biowar because it puts a film of microbes on the plant surface that protects the plant from disease and insects.

Apollo13

Apollo13

I think it's good for the plant, no doubt about it. is it worth putting more stuff on the medicine? If it's healthy, it shouldn't need it. If it's not healthy, I don't bother finishing. I love ewc teas, I'm not spraying on my bud even though it's good for them. I see lots of pictures of talc on leaves in these forums..

soserthc1

soserthc1

I get talc on my leaves all the time but I'm gonna start being more careful and use that turkey baster idea @Tnelz

U foliar feed and spray till day 32 and don't really get this smoking chemicals stuff. My plants are standing screaming I'm healthy the next morning after a good biowar feed like this am . man that's a good feeling . .

I spent better than half my life smoking Mexican seeded weed and all kinds of other garbage during droughts so a little talc or ewc is not gonna hurt me

Apollo13

Apollo13

I not debating if its good for the plant. I know it IS! but why do u quit at day 32? My guess is to let the talc contamination fall off or degrade. Im sure I'm not going to change my mind, I guess I'm not objective or open since i cant seem to even consider it... stubborn and opinionated. lol, carry on boys! I may try one of my dirt girls to see if I think it affects flavor..if I reconsider, I will post. Peace!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I not debating if its good for the plant. I know it IS! but why do u quit at day 32? My guess is to let the talc contamination fall off or degrade. Im sure I'm not going to change my mind, I guess I'm not objective or open since i cant seem to even consider it... stubborn and opinionated. lol, carry on boys! I may try one of my dirt girls to see if I think it affects flavor..if I reconsider, I will post. Peace!

If you let the talc settle properly there will be no talc residue. Talc does not dissolve in water so you just need to allow it to settle at the bottom of the mixing vessel. The spores and live microbes are too light to sink. They will stay swimming around in the solution.

Microbes are everywhere. You are eating them right now, breathing them... they are all over your body!

Apollo13

Apollo13

I use ACT. Always brewing. I treat the plant like a clean room and try not to add anything up top . I'd prefer my bud sterile if it was possible. Lol. I view anything not bud as contaminants. But I do understand. I also see a lot of talc on the leaves in pictures from users. Have u have done a side by side comparison? And a smoke down comparison? I'm considering trying on a couple. What size bubble bag would u strain with? I want Zero Talc on mine. I may try my tea spray too. Never have.. Prior to this, I never would have considered it..Progress I hope. THANKS. I come off as a jerk I'm sure, I appreciate u taking the time to respond and not just ignoring me. It'd be esier..lol
Not to mention, I feel like I'm talking with Clint...like ur avatar. Hopefully u are eastwood...lol
Also, I'm speaking of my flower room. I think everyone sprays in veg.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Apollo13 If you let the product settle out really well and scoop the liquid of the top you wont get any talc residue. Here is an example on how to use it:

fill 5 gallon bucket with fresh clean water and let tit sit out overnight to let the chlorine gas off. Add 1 tablespoon per gallon of each root and foliar packs. Mix the shit out of it, so there are no more clumps and the water now looks psychedelic swirly. Add 1 tablespoon of thermx 70 as a surfactant/soil penetrator. mix it again until the therm x is dissolved. Now, wait. 10 minutes should be good. maybe 5. You can tell it is settled by looking at it. now get a pitcher. Fill it up by slowly dropping the pitcher in to the bucket sideways. Now let that pitcher settle. Pour the liquid slowly off the top and in to your sprayer. THE BEST SPRAYER to use IMHO is the wagner 500 series handheld portable paint sprayer, on the lowest setting. Turn the lights off and spray all the plants. Leave the lights off for an hour or so. You want the RH to be high because microbes are more effective that way. With the other 4 gallons, add that to 40 gallons of pre mixed nutrient solution and water everything in. When you add the 4 gallons to the 40, pour it slowly from the bucket and MOST of the talc carrier will be left behind on the bottom of the bucket.

kds710

kds710

Just a couple days ago I started using one of them big plastic syringes to suck up the foliar pack liquid and empty into my sprayer and it works perfectly, I was going to give this advice but @Tnelz beat me to it. @Capulator for between 6-12 plants approx 2.5 ft tall is a single dose, 5 grams/liter, sufficient if it's enough to spray each whole plant or should I be mixing in more with a little more water?

Top Bottom