Root Pack Testing

• Thread starter HydroRocks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Just started trying the root pack about 2 days ago. Already am starting to notice changes in plant growth and its only been 48 hours since the first application. Gotta love hydro!!

Have several side by side test set up. Comparing the root pack against several major brands like Great White, OrganismXL, ect.

Also testing some tea's. We have 3 different test going on there. The plan will be to brew 3 different formulations and then take samples at 12 hour intervals stopping at 72 hours of brew time. Each sample will be scoped as well as culture tested when applicable.

After that we will run the numbers in our database to see how Capulator's formula compares to some of the major brands on the market that we have previously tested over the past 2 years. That should give us a clear indication of how effective the product is as well as the concentrations of biology and diversity of species.

More details to come as the test are completed, repeated and verified.

We also are planning to set up several test beds for the Foliar Pack as well as the Nute Pack.

Also in the works will be some cloning test to see how the products fare in several different cloning environments as well as seed germination.

Cheers!

D

Devlove

Sounds like a plan! I'm kind of new to posting here was wondering what you mean when you say database, you work in a lab? Looking forward to results.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hydrorocks, thanks a lot for doing this. I have no time or space for side by sides right now. I am hoping that your tests show the bennies are as good or superior to store bought. Otherwise, Ill hang my hat.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Thanks Hydrorocks I'll be keeping a close eye on this one. Peace

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Lets Get started...

Ok let us get this started. First up will be the root pack testing. I will start the ACT Tea's and as mentioned we will brew 3 batches plus a "control" batch as well. I will outline all products used and dosages in detail.

The basic outline for this first preliminary testing will consist of brewing 3 batches plus "control" and allow the samples to brew for a total of 72 hours. We will take a total of 200 samples from each batch every 12 hours and do a visual count under the scope. After all samples are scoped we will take an average of the bacteria count.

We will also be identifying the biology diversity as compared to the brands also being tested as well as some culture test.

List of Products:

Roots Excel - House & Garden
Algen Extract - House & Garden
Great White - Plant Success
Root Complex - Hesi
Rootz - Crop Nutrients
BCuzz - Atami
Nitrozyme - Hydrodynamics International
GreenFuse - Hydrodynamics International
Earth Tonic - Progress Earth
Thrive Alive B1 - Technaflora (Red & Green Bottles)
Earth Compound - Progress Earth
Earth Recharge - Progress Earth

That should get us started and I will add more products at a later time.

The food sources used to feed the microbes are the following products:

Bud Candy - Advanced Nutrients
Earth Syrup - ProgressEarth
Earth Kelp - Progress Earth

We did an extensive test on biology nutrients and food sources and found the above three products to be the best scientifically engineered food for microbes. The Earth Syrup is by FAR the best we have ever used and most complete. For testing purposes we are using 2 other brands (Bud Candy and Earth Kelp).

I will outline all testing parameters and dosages in the next post as we get a little further along.

Cheers!

Lab testing 011
HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Quick note about Roots Excel from House & Garden and why we are including it in our tea testing. We did extensive testing with this product about 2 years ago. We found it contains NO biology at all even though most growers that use it, SWEAR that it does.

It is basically a growth hormone plus vitamin additive and a few amino's. With that said, we also found it contained materials that would help to induce the growth and existence biological life forms. And with THAT being said, we should add that there are SO many cheaper and better ways to achieve this.

You can mix almost any growth hormone along with a little superthrive and get the same exact thing.

Cheers!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Cool stuff. Lots of products there. I am curious about the progress earth products.

You thrown the bennies alone under the scope?
Did you find there was alot of sediment?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
my bennies definitely have the most sediment lead.. lol. Also, the most active ingredient though I think.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Quick note about Roots Excel from House & Garden and why we are including it in our tea testing. We did extensive testing with this product about 2 years ago. We found it contains NO biology at all even though most growers that use it, SWEAR that it does.

It is basically a growth hormone plus vitamin additive and a few amino's. With that said, we also found it contained materials that would help to induce the growth and existence biological life forms. And with THAT being said, we should add that there are SO many cheaper and better ways to achieve this.

You can mix almost any growth hormone along with a little superthrive and get the same exact thing.

Cheers!

Desert Squirrel said the same thing about roots in a thread here.

squarepusher

squarepusher

Cheers!

from what I understand, RE contains dormant inoculates or spores, and it may take some time for them to become active. Also, if you are using tap water with chlorine/chloramine, this would likely kill the microbes at all.

I believe Seamaiden did a test where she found life/movement with RE a while back?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Ive never seen spores or "dormant inoculates" in it either. It would not make sense for this to be the bacteria product for several reasons. Number one, they make a bacteria product and it is not Roots Excel, I think it is called "Bacto Force". Number 2 is they would not likely want to try and import a bacteria product into the USA. And number 3 reason is House & Garden themselves (The USA Team) recommends the use of Great White for a bacteria product.

Bacto Force:

House & Garden Bacto-Force 4kG SOIL and COCO

Bacto-force is a very popular and essential product for the grower who want to use the same soil for more then one time. You can add this product also to new soils.

This ameliorative soil product, adds essential bacteria, enzymes and beneficial fungus, to your soil or coco so that the plants are fully protected against pathogen agents.
Bacto-Force ensures a better structure, a better mineral transport, ensures a better root system, an equilibrated growth and adds a supplement of lime to the soil.

Bacto-force contains a high density of micro-organisms.
It stimulate the SOIL life and provides an additional protection against soil diseases and stimulates growth.
DOSE: 1 Soup Spoon for a 5 Litres pot or 1 kg for 10m² of soil.

COMPOSITION: 4kg, Bacteria of compost, actinomycetae, co-enzymes, proteins, bacteria azotobacteria, lime, bone meal, blood meal, bentonite, 100% natural ingredients.

USE INSTRUCTION: Fill your tray or pot with soil, sprinkle it with Bacto-Force and cover the grains with 2-4 inches of soil, moisten the soil and start planting the next day.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Thanks guys, but lets not forget that Capulator is the real hero here and from the preliminary testing we have already completed, he did his homework!

We should have more data ready by this weekend if all goes well.

Cheers!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
cant wait for that data!!!! I hope that the data shows what I am experiencing in my garden.

thanks again for running these tests man. I feel blessed that you are doing this because I really dont have the time or means for real experimentation. I just switched my program out with the packs, and I love the results... thats why I use it... no experiment required for me :pimp:

when the fungus gnats went away, and my roots were loving life again... I became a happy farmer.

My combo of A-1 nutes, Jacks and some raw salts, and the bennies... is quite frankly KILLING it.

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

I agree. I am just not on A1 yet. I am just having tribal with the filial pack.. It has not made my pest problem if anything it has gotten worse. I don't know if I am prepping it right or something. Butthecolection of water is just made it worse. Any help would be great. If you guys want could you pm me so I don't cause clutter in hydro thread

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Cloning/Rooting Test With Great White

surferburn6900- plz feel free to PM me with questions.

Here is an update on the cloning/rooting test we are currently doing as well as the tea testing.

I know I am kind of jumping around here but the tea data will take another week at least before I have the test completed and data formatted.

I am also a little short on time and did not get as many photos as would like to have gotten. I will detail this post or include an addition as time permits.

The first picture shows the cuts that were treated with RO water and Great White by Plant Success.

The 2nd picture shows the cuts that were treated with RO water and Capulator's Root Pack mixed at 1 teaspoon per gallon.

These cuts were ALL treated with the same cloning gel at initial cut and prep time.

These cuts were taken from the same mother plant and a total of 10 cuts were tested for each product. After 14 days we took the best ones from each test batch and those best ones are pictured below.

Please note that all 20 cuts gave there lives to provide us with this information. God bless them.

I would like to also note that we got 100% rooting on all 20 cuts, and we could have chosen ANY one of them from the Capulator's Root pack group because they ALL looked almost identical to the ones pictured.

The Great White side had 100% rooting as well but the cuts were not as uniform as some of the cuts had more roots than others.

There was also a "control" batch which is not pictured.

I think you can clearly see much more roots and rooting vigor coming from Capulator's side of the testing.

I will have some additional cloning test that are planned as well.

More to come soon.

Cheers

2 19 2012 063
2 19 2012 064
HydroRocks

HydroRocks

I am looking now to verify the start date and I cant read my own damn writing..LOL! It is either 12 days or 14 days, no matter as I am repeating this test 2 more times anyhow. I am pretty sure it was 12 days and not 14 days but I'll say 14.

We usually always run each test 3 times to take out what we call the "fluke" factor.

We are also running some side by side test as well that I will detail in the next week or so as well that shows some foliage/top growth.

Cheers!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Nice thread this is interesting thanks 4 taking the time 2 post this info

Latest posts

Top Bottom