Root Pruning Beginnng Of Flower?

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jackwhite

jackwhite

good afternoon farmers!
I am inquiring about trimming off some roots..I am in hydroponics and the route keep going into my pipes I am and a recirculating Deepwater culture I am in the second week of flower and I am going to trim off the roots that keep going into the pipes and clogging up my system causing some flooding is this safe to do with this stress my pants to Hermie please let me know thank you

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I personally wouldn't do it. In my rdwc current culture system i pull roots out of pipes and try to wrap them around root ball pointing in opposite direction of water flow. After about week 5 they should stop growing and stay put. This is one of the daily tasks that come with thes systems but i would never cut roots off. This has been working great for me over the past couple years i have spent in hydro.

jackwhite

jackwhite

I personally wouldn't do it. In my rdwc current culture system i pull roots out of pipes and try to wrap them around root ball pointing in opposite direction of water flow. After about week 5 they should stop growing and stay put. This is one of the daily tasks that come with thes systems but i would never cut roots off. This has been working great for me over the past couple years i have spent in hydro.
thanks for feedback. i cut a little but not completly. hopefully the plant does not hermie on me. I will say its a pain growin in a tent especially in rdwc.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Thats what I was thinking actually, but I love pulling some weight! lol
Yeah bud i usually flip when my buckets are 1/3 of the way full of roots by the end of flower i got a full bucket size brick of roots haha. Thats with a 3 week veg which give me over a # each. These systems cause plants to blow up like crazy in flower so you really dont need much veg time at all especially in a tent. Just enough to get roots growing and plants eating there food.

jackwhite

jackwhite

Yeah bud i usually flip when my buckets are 1/3 of the way full of roots by the end of flower i got a full bucket size brick of roots haha. Thats with a 3 week veg which give me over a # each. These systems cause plants to blow up like crazy in flower so you really dont need much veg time at all especially in a tent. Just enough to get roots growing and plants eating there food.
thats a very good point. would you know if theres a such thing as root bound in hydro? i vegged these ladies out 6+ weeks and theres so much roots Massive roots

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

thats a very good point. would you know if theres a such thing as root bound in hydro? i vegged these ladies out 6+ weeks and theres so much root. Massive roots
Lol ohh boy yeah you definitely dont need 6 weeks of veg haha. I guess they could be slightly root bound but its not really an issue as far as growth goes in rdwc. The problems you would see from a "root bound" hydro plant would be clogs, uneven water levels and problems stabilizing ph/ec due to lack of water flow. I wouldn't really say it would significantly hurt plant growth or yield like in soil just cause more maintenance issuses. Yeah next time cut that veg time in half. Over vegging just wastes your money and time. I know guys who veg 4 weeks and get 3-4# plants indoors with rdwc. Unless you got 12 ft ceilings shouldn't ever need more that a 3 week veg if conditions are optimal.

jackwhite

jackwhite

Lol ohh boy yeah you definitely dont need 6 weeks of veg haha. I guess they could be slightly root bound but its not really an issue as far as growth goes in rdwc. The problems you would see from a "root bound" hydro plant would be clogs, uneven water levels and problems stabilizing ph/ec due to lack of water flow. I wouldn't really say it would significantly hurt plant growth or yield like in soil just cause more maintenance issuses. Yeah next time cut that veg time in half. Over vegging just wastes your money and time. I know guys who veg 4 weeks and get 3-4# plants indoors with rdwc. Unless you got 12 ft ceilings shouldn't ever need more that a 3 week veg if conditions are optimal.
3-4lbs with how many many plants?
i scrogg thats why i veg for that long. im def goin to cut my veg time in 1/2 next time. As I read "grow bud not plants" lol
also doesnt longer veg = bigger yields? since the plant is bigger.

jackwhite

jackwhite

also is that dry weight?

jackwhite

jackwhite

white widow
knockout
LA Conf.
All the small plants were in one dwc cloner. the roots were All tangled together so I had to do some root surgery and cut the heck out of the roots. I hope they survive

IMG 2513
IMG 2514

Latest posts

Top Bottom