Root Riot Question

• Thread starter Sasha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sasha

this is my first time using root riot and the plugs look ready to go with no pre soak. I was pre soaking my rockwool in phd water with great white and want to know if I can still do that with root riot?

deep buddy

deep buddy

i usually do a pre soak on em dont know if they need it but i like to get what i want in there. and they have a shit ton of loose sediment which i dont like floating around in my trays.

S

Sasha

i usually do a pre soak on em dont know if they need it but i like to get what i want in there. and they have a shit ton of loose sediment which i dont like floating around in my trays.

thx deep how long do you soak...over night?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I've used them. They are just about the same as rapid rooters. I use clonex solution on my cuttings. I make up a solution, pour it over the rooters, then squeeze out the excess till they are not soggy, but moist. I keep an eye on them during the rooting period, to make sure that they don't dry out. They work just the same as the rapid rooters in my experience. The shape seems to be a little better on the root riots as well.

-TF

S

Sasha

great thx tf btw ive been reading coco threads to learn about it and ive enjoyed your threads

UKgrow

UKgrow

Hi, I use root Riot all the time these days. I find they are much better than rockwool. If they are still packaged properly they are already moist. When cloning I dip the end of the shoot in Clonex for around 15-45 seconds then plant direct into the root riot . I've found the best results are if you use a mister with plain water and spray the base of each root riot block daily to prevent it drying out and to encourage the roots to grow towards the base of the block. Sometimes you have to make the pre cut hole in the root riot block a little deeper. Hope this helps.

P

paulycali

Great plugs for sure

I also pre soak them but only for a few minutes or so

The only downfall was they dry out much faster than any plug once roots appear

Other than that they are great

Good luck :)

Camnibus

Camnibus

I dip 'm and stick'm, then water in with ph'd water until the cube swells a bit. You can kinda see the pores open when they're wet enough. I let them wilt a bit before I water again, it's amazing how fast they shoot roots when they're thirsty, lol

StickiestAbyss

StickiestAbyss

Ive been using root riot with about 90-95% success rate.. the ones i buy come moist already in bags of 100. so i just dip my cuttings and plug them right in. i have been using Olivia's for a long time but have had luck with about every gel and powder out there. right now im using root tek.. its working really well for me.. try to use fresh cutting. the only time i loose a lot is when i try to hold my cuttings in water for more than a day or so.. ive also been doing a 45* cut, then i score up thes side about an inch up to expose the stamen. getting better roots since i started this practice.

cheers

D

Dreeaah1

I've used them. They are just about the same as rapid rooters. I use clonex solution on my cuttings. I make up a solution, pour it over the rooters, then squeeze out the excess till they are not soggy, but moist. I keep an eye on them during the rooting period, to make sure that they don't dry out. They work just the same as the rapid rooters in my experience. The shape seems to be a little better on the root riots as well.

-TF
What do you do when they start drying out. A bit ? Do you mist the dome ? Or mist the plant ?

I actually put some water on the bottom tray

str8smokn

str8smokn

I know this is a old thread but what ph do you soak the plugs in?[/QUOTE
I’d say around 7.0 if it’s going into soil.
They should come premoistened, then I would just water with the water you use to feed your plants with. Nothing special unless you have like a Bio-Roots or something you could add.

What do you do when they start drying out. A bit ? Do you mist the dome ? Or mist the plant ?

I actually put some water on the bottom tray

I don’t use a dome, but you can do both if the humidity is getting low. also misting the plug to keep it wet.
Are these Seeds or Clones?
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

Th

they are clones

Then you will need the dome,I would just mist the lid and water the plugs to keep them moist. You should see something by 8-12 days usually.
But sometimes it does go longer.
Good luck.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

This is what o use and it only takes water /and liquid root hormone if you got it.
1F8E1B96 F27B 4F23 A68C B2C0EE831556

STR8

D

Dreeaah1

Then you will need the dome,I would just mist the lid and water the plugs to keep them moist. You should see something by 8-12 days usually.
But sometimes it does go longer.
Good luck.
STR8
How often should I mist the lid? Should I ph the water ?

Top Bottom