Root Rot Caused By Trimming?

• Thread starter ladygrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ladygrower

ladygrower

When my plants go into bloom I always have beautiful roots. Within the first week in bloom I do a trim to remove a few of the bottom branches and all of the bud growth on the branches close to the stem only leaving the last 3 - 4 bud nodes on each limb. As the plants grow the bottom section of root always dies. Not to sound stupid but is this because the limbs being fed by those roots are gone and thereby unneccessary, so they just die? I also use H2O2 and have plenty of aeration going into the bucket and temps stay around 70 degrees constantly.

3G Labs

3G Labs

I don't believe its that direct. When I transplant I remove most of my root ball, afterwards I dont see sections of the plant dying off.
Sounds like the bottom of the bucket roots are either burning, or suffocated.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
70 degrees is way to cold imo and that inhibits transpiration in the plant so you have much less water/nutrient uptake from your media this will cause your root mass to stay saturated and in turn kill your root mass off. I would use h202 sparingly, maybe only once as a mid term flush or if you notice buildup or lock out in the plant.

symbiote420

symbiote420

^^^Listen to TK, that's some solid info right there!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You are watering to way much based on your other thread...15 minutes o every 4 hours when lights are on and not at all when lights are off

Latest posts

Top Bottom