Root rot!!! Coco please help

• Thread starter Deforced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deforced

Deforced

Got some root rot week 5 flower, it's due to the local hydro store supplying me wring pots for my system so the root sit in the runoff! Figured it out now but just wondering what's the best thing to do just to last it out until harvest? Shall I cut the rot away? Leave them be? I've added silver bullet roots, which apparently get rid of root rot but I'm more than certain it won't. Shall I also dry the coco out or not? Any ideas thanks

zebrausa

zebrausa

Re-pot your plants. Raise them off the floor so they don't get over wet again. If you want to keep doing hydo, I suggest the next time using dutch buckets without adding perlite. Use a 6 in net cup that fits over a 3 gallon bucket. I filled the net cup with clay pebbles. There are about 2 inches of water remaining in the bottom of the bucket at all times. Everything recirculates. The roots look a beautiful white.

I need photos to look at.

Deforced

Deforced

Re-pot your plants. Raise them off the floor so they don't get over wet again. If you want to keep doing hydo, I suggest the next time using dutch buckets without adding perlite. Use a 6 in net cup that fits over a 3 gallon bucket. I filled the net cup with clay pebbles. There are about 2 inches of water remaining in the bottom of the bucket at all times. Everything recirculates. The roots look a beautiful white.

I need photos to look at.
Thanks! I will attach some photos soon, did you read the part I said I'm 5weeks into flowering? Would you really recommend potting up again right now? I was thinking would it be worth drying the coco out, I'm actually in a 60/40 mix with coco and clay pebbles running a flood and drain iws system. The thing that messed it up was the growshop gave me the wrong inner pots to the system so the inner pot is the one the plants are in and the outer pot floods rasing up the inner pot, what happened is the inner pot is too large so when it sits in the outer pot it leaves like 3inch deep water at the bottom. I've now managed to sort this out by putting a 2inch block of wood at the bottom of each inner pot so that the water can drain back out freely.

zebrausa

zebrausa

Thanks! I will attach some photos soon, did you read the part I said I'm 5weeks into flowering? Would you really recommend potting up again right now? I was thinking would it be worth drying the coco out, I'm actually in a 60/40 mix with coco and clay pebbles running a flood and drain iws system. The thing that messed it up was the growshop gave me the wrong inner pots to the system so the inner pot is the one the plants are in and the outer pot floods rasing up the inner pot, what happened is the inner pot is too large so when it sits in the outer pot it leaves like 3inch deep water at the bottom. I've now managed to sort this out by putting a 2inch block of wood at the bottom of each inner pot so that the water can drain back out freely.

zebrausa

zebrausa

If you think the old girl can make it through flower then stay the course; otherwise, she needs a new house to live in. We need photos.

Deforced

Deforced

If you think the old girl can make it through flower then stay the course; otherwise, she needs a new house to live in. We need photos.
I honesty think that they can make it through, I've cut the worse bits off and added some silver bullet roots some form of h202

Latest posts

Top Bottom