Root Rot Help

• Thread starter smokedogg1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokedogg1

i am doing deep water culture bubbler buckets and im having a problem with root rot. been growing for years with no problems and all of a sudden have had problems the last two rounds. the rot starts at the top of the main root

J

Jalisco Kid

Do you use a chiller? JK
Clean and run physan-20 thru your equipment.

L

Lost

If your water is over 77 or 78 degrees, you need a chiller. I live in the desert and got wiped out twice this year. I said eff it and just build a recirc system with a chiller. Works better than evar!!

lollipopman

lollipopman

a cheap way is to get some hydroton peroxide dont use to much but it will get rid of the rot...its worked for me every time...

Gr8ful1

Gr8ful1

I use hygrozyme @5-7ml per gal. and haven't had any problems,and can even be used with h2o2(hydrogen peroxide).I imagine using any enzyme type additives would also work,but this stuff is really good.

bleuballz

bleuballz

what are your water temps? peroxide from the drug store will help. but you gotta watch your water temp, and keep that ph below 7 and above 5 too.

O

onlytoken

Hydroguard... ice bottles in the reservoir... extreme sterilization (diluted bleach) used when cleaning res between bucket changes... diluted h202 dunks when changing out res... rub the roots, and get the algae off... remove rotted root... hygrozyme works wonders.

Good luck... last time I got hit with rot, my plants became infested with aphids, and then... early harvest... bleck. Needless to say, that was my final run with hydro. Had several successful harvests, but that was in the dead of summer and I just got sick of changing out buckets. Soil growing after learning hydro is so much simpler. Much too hot here.

B

brookstown

Hydroguard... ice bottles in the reservoir... extreme sterilization (diluted bleach) used when cleaning res between bucket changes... diluted h202 dunks when changing out res... rub the roots, and get the algae off... remove rotted root... hygrozyme works wonders.

Good luck... last time I got hit with rot, my plants became infested with aphids, and then... early harvest... bleck. Needless to say, that was my final run with hydro. Had several successful harvests, but that was in the dead of summer and I just got sick of changing out buckets. Soil growing after learning hydro is so much simpler. Much too hot here.

EVERYTHING this dude just said. You can recover with alot of work and tonss and tonss of air moving through the water but you will always be suceptible if your temps rise at all.

Top Bottom