Root rot help

• Thread starter Stoney419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stoney419

I've got two UC16s 4 600s over each am runnig 1/4hp Eco chiller DM gold nutes with zone at full strength how much h202 pr gal do I need to run to keep a clean system

H

HannaMan

Are you already experiencing rot with this system??

No need to run h202 with the Zone correct??

S

Stoney419

Ya both uc16s are getting bad smell and plants look like shit one has been veging for a month the other side looked terrible after the first 2 weeks of veg root rot attacked it first so I ripped plants out of it flushed whole system with phsan 20 put fresh water & clones in now 3 weeks after that and starting week 2 of flower I'm sure rot is attacking both systems now so one Sid got 30 days veg one got 2 weeks I do have an UCXL8 under 2 1000s starting week 7 I'm hopping to pull 4lbs it's doing great gave it a 30 day veg also

opt1c

opt1c

check your water temps in the buckets around the system to make sure it's not heating up... u have 16 8 gal buckets probably holding 7 gals; plus an epicenter... that's around 120 gallons of nutes; u sure a 1/4hp chiller can handle that volume of water?

after flushing with physan20 and adding zone at the start you "should" be running a clean system

Globel

Globel

I think the "Pick and flick" method works best. Toss the worst looking ones and hope for the best. Try to use zone from the start and no biologicals. Thats what I am trying next. =(

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Water Temps? Water Level?

Lift the pots and pull away/remove the dead and decaying root matter.

Then once you purge the system and introduce fresh nutes there will be little to no dying matter for the pathogens to proliferate from within.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Bummer to here that stoney
Are you using tap or RO? How are you adding nutes & ph. I have had a little bit of root issues but i always get em cleared up.
I would check your temps like optic said.
Good luck
BG

S

Stoney419

I think I could be running the water level to high I've kept it up on the net pots never ran rdwc or dwc before now have always been an ebb & flow on tables kinda guy but want to lower those #s

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I run the water level right up to the bottom of the spikot in the epicenter. I do lower the level to right under the netpots in bloom and then 3 - 4 inches lower at flush
good luck

M

Magic beans

Its the whole crew. What up BG, looks like Ill be spending a lil more time on the farm. Karma, One Love.

audius

audius

i run kinda a cross,,dwc with a top feed,,3 gal buckets,,i was running into the same problim awile back & i solved it by dropping my water temps to arouns 68 f.i also lowered my water level to about 1 &1/2 inch of water in the bottem of my 3 gal buckets. plusi also use hygrozyeme,,,awsome stuff,,mana from heaven for root rot. before i forget,,,i also fill up oldmt dew bottels with tap water & fereeze them,i dont have the cash for a chiller & if yours isnt keeping up that might help to. peace bro.

Top Bottom