Root rot on clones?

• Thread starter ModestGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

ModestGreen

Hi! I am having some root rot occur on my clones, they are not completely gone yet though? Any quick tips or tricks to bring them back to life? Thanks!

shawnskush

shawnskush

Hi! I am having some root rot occur on my clones, they are not completely gone yet though? Any quick tips or tricks to bring them back to life? Thanks!
check out beneficial microbes like those in OGbiowar.com. A senior member of this site offers his product at a discount to members for such a well reviewed and much loved item its a steal IMO.

M

ModestGreen

check out beneficial microbes like those in OGbiowar.com. A senior member of this site offers his product at a discount to members for such a well reviewed and much loved item its a steal IMO.
Appreciate the share! Is there anything I can do RIGHT NOW though to help bring these clones back to life? The roots are looking really slimey and clones looking droopy due to the water temperature rising into the 80's the last couple of days.

budm

budm

What medium are your clones in? And I agree with Shawn, benies will definitely help and the sooner the better.

M

ModestGreen

What medium are your clones in? And I agree with Shawn, benies will definitely help and the sooner the better.
Their in water and the reason there is root rot is because the water got too hot (low 80's F) and now I'm just trying to revive them. I've put 5mL H2O2 and have beenies in there. Is there any other things you can think of to revive them? Thanks!

Natural

Natural

oh you got roots? If they are nice and fuzzy finger long roots I'd consider soaking them in a 2 teaspoons to a gallon of hydrogen peroxide. But if you got mush you might lose them later. If it looks like maybe a spot here or there you could snip and treat. If you have bumpy stems..almost roots and the shit is slimey I would snip the bad and re-root.
How bad is it? ...can you afford to take new ones?...at risk cuts turn into at risk plants

M

ModestGreen

oh you got roots? If they are nice and fuzzy finger long roots I'd consider soaking them in a 2 teaspoons to a gallon of hydrogen peroxide. But if you got mush you might lose them later. If it looks like maybe a spot here or there you could snip and treat. If you have bumpy stems..almost roots and the shit is slimey I would snip the bad and re-root.
How bad is it? ...can you afford to take new ones?...at risk cuts turn into at risk plants
Yeah, some of the roots are 9-12 inches already. They are slimey and turning a little brown. I'll definitely take your advice though. I can afford to re-root or just get new clones but it would set me back. It will just throw off my cloning/vegg/flowering cycles, but that's life :)

M

ModestGreen

I'll take a picture for you.

Natural

Natural

They really don't look that bad...personally I would be deciding after a soak in diluted peroxide and the extent of mushiness. Some would fare better if they go into dirt..hydro would pose more risk...but if dirt maybe plant them and set aside while you work on other clones and just see. Clean the ever loving piss out of the cloner and pucks!

M

ModestGreen

They really don't look that bad...personally I would be deciding after a soak in diluted peroxide and the extent of mushiness. Some would fare better if they go into dirt..hydro would pose more risk...but if dirt maybe plant them and set aside while you work on other clones and just see. Clean the ever loving piss out of the cloner and pucks!
Thanks for the advice! The clones are starting to bounce back after a day or so of doing whachu said. Thanks again!

B

BestAround

toss them in dirt.. use some enzymes and something for roots.. and ull be ok.. id use cannazym and rhizotonic.. and ull be good to go . just make sure u allow ur dirt to dry out in between waterings unless ud like some bud rot later in flower.

Natural

Natural

toss them in dirt.. use some enzymes and something for roots.. and ull be ok.. id use cannazym and rhizotonic.. and ull be good to go . just make sure u allow ur dirt to dry out in between waterings unless ud like some bud rot later in flower.
That sounds like solid advice all around..except In think bud-rot comes from external airborne fungus..I think fusarium and verticillium are the ones to worry about.

B

BestAround

the only plants ive ever had any kind of problem with molds or any bullshit in flower was the plants that wen I pulled the root ball out.. had root rot going on.. so maybe because of the root rot.. the plant was weakened and and caused some sort of bud rot.. im not sure how. but it made sense to me at the time lol

Top Bottom