Root rot? Please help if its not too late.

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Curious about the NPK Industries line, Harley Smith gives a convincing spiel but honestly I don't know enough to be able to tell if he is just a convincing snake oiler or not. 🤔
These? I use em and like them. I also add Southern Ag fungicide to the res. I find the microbes are best added to the media and Southern AG fungicide best added to the nutrients at 1ml per 20 gal

IMG 20200527 200158
Glassdub

Glassdub

So organic nutrients that require bacteria and enzymes to make available... add h2o2...kill bacteria and destroy enzymes.... see where this is headed.

I dont know the history so I can't comment further but h2o2 is not good in organic grows and imo soil grows period.

I would add beneficial bacteria and enzymes or switch to inorganic nutrients.

I cant see the pics very well on this phone but looks like there may be several issues including possible rust fungus.
Yeah, used to drench the planting medium with h2o2 solution prior to planting to off hidden pests, didn't this transplant, did use it to wipe down the pots & will continue to use for seed soaks.

Last edited:
Glassdub

Glassdub

These? I use em and like them. I also add Southern Ag fungicide to the res. I find the microbes are best added to the media and Southern AG fungicide best added to the nutrients at 1ml per 20 gal
Yeah, I was looking at these & the fert line, thinking I might be better sticking with Dyna-Gro, at its more complete & amending with these if anything.
I did opt to try Dyna-zyme hope it isn't a mistake.

3 balls

3 balls

I would remove all affected leaves. Your gonna have to give a lot nore info on the whole grow if you want to get to the root cause.

I have no idea where your located.

Is this the same Southern Ag that you mentioned in your other posts?

3 balls

3 balls

Holy sheep shit! Thank you aquaman. My bottle showed up today and after comparing labels I realized I just got a lifetime supply of "hydroguard" for $10. 1ml per 20gal seemed a little weak when I first read it but considering this stuff is roughly 300 times more potent it might be a little strong. Kinda hard to measure less than a ml though and I'm sure you haven't experienced any problems. Thanks again bro!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Holy sheep shit! Thank you aquaman. My bottle showed up today and after comparing labels I realized I just got a lifetime supply of "hydroguard" for $10. 1ml per 20gal seemed a little weak when I first read it but considering this stuff is roughly 300 times more potent it might be a little strong. Kinda hard to measure less than a ml though and I'm sure you haven't experienced any problems. Thanks again bro!
Awesome. Yeah thats why I like it. So cheap you can add small amounts more frequently and costs nothing.

FML666

FML666

Aquaman.....
How much npk Raw microbes do you use per gallon in dwc?
I put the minimum amount in with my masterblend and it was too much....
Bloom microbes and enzyme's...they are hard to dissolve..
Is the sandy stuff at the bottom of the bucket a carrier for the bacteria? Or is it undissolved enzyme's and bacteria?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aquaman.....
How much npk Raw microbes do you use per gallon in dwc?
I put the minimum amount in with my masterblend and it was too much....
Bloom microbes and enzyme's...they are hard to dissolve..
Is the sandy stuff at the bottom of the bucket a carrier for the bacteria? Or is it undissolved enzyme's and bacteria?
Is just left overs. I didn't like them in hydro for that reason but they work well. I like them for the media then enzymes in the res when doing something like coco.

The one I'd recommend now is defgaurd if you can get it. Looks like th event bang for buck on the hobby side of things.

Top Bottom