Root Rot Wont Stop

• Thread starter pdasterly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Comermac

Do your air stones stick out of the water? If so I don't think you are fully utilizing the air flow. I believe the air will want to take the path of least resistance therefore in the shallow res you might be losing some.

I would definitely make sure you are not putting organic material (possibly the super thrive) in your hydro res. If you do then you are creating a breeding ground for bad bacteria.

Do you use hydroguard and or h2o2 regularly?

pdasterly

pdasterly

stones are deep under water, hydroguard 4ml per gal, i add half a cap full every few days. The 2.5gal container size cap
Do your air stones stick out of the water? If so I don't think you are fully utilizing the air flow. I believe the air will want to take the path of least resistance therefore in the shallow res you might be losing some.

I would definitely make sure you are not putting organic material (possibly the super thrive) in your hydro res. If you do then you are creating a breeding ground for bad bacteria.

Do you use hydroguard and or h2o2 regularly?

NGA

NGA

I flush every week ,I top feed 24-7 start to finish ,30 years plus ,I use ,MEGA Crop , h2o2 that's it ,1/2 lbs per plant or more every crop ,very easy and simple ,i don't own a chiller ,I hardly ever use ph pen don't have nute pen,my system just works and works well ,I think there are a lot of garbage strains on the go these day the best thing

C

Comermac

Damn sounds to me like your doing everything right. Is this the first time this has happened? Personally I would either switch to h2o2 instead of hydroguard or get some bennies that better formulated to fight diseases.

B

Burned Haze

In the future look into keeping your temps cooler, ( if your not running h202)
Look into RootShield wp(that will protect against so many issues and pathogens , species is Trichoderma harzianum Rifai strain T-22)

It’s 3 month prevention and protection !

chemistry

chemistry

yes, i lower level once roots drop, they are seeds in root riot cube

I like around two inches between my water and the bottom of my pots, or I found the base of my plants went soggy where the trunk meets the roots, and I got root rot. So these days I plant at the height of my pot and let only the roots sit in the water.

pdasterly

pdasterly

i had green thumb for 5 years now i tried to expand and it turned brown smh

I like around two inches between my water and the bottom of my pots, or I found the base of my plants went soggy where the trunk meets the roots, and I got root rot. So these days I plant at the height of my pot and let only the roots sit in the water.

B

Burned Haze

If your not using h202 or something that kills bennies I would suggest root shield and it protects them “controls diseases caused by Rhizoctonia, Pythium, Fusarium, Thielaviopsis, and Cylindrocladium Improved suppression of the aggressive hot-season Pythium” systemically 10-12 weeks .

applying this this product rotation by 10 week process makes no only healthier plant but guarantees way lower populations of chances of bad fungus. So many growers want to act in till it’s too late or use things that are way overboard or ruin their medium

C

Comermac

cleaned out rez, now using maxigro, calimagic and h202. plant grew all new roots and still getting brown roots

If you are still using super thrive that is your problem. When I was researching organic gardening for my outdoor setup this Summer I came across an article saying that mentions Superthrive has organic compounds.

You want to avoid organic materials like in in your hydro system at all costs. How often are you adding the h2o2? Based on Ed Rosenthals book the h2o2 evaporates out in about 48 hours so you should be adding it every few days.

Top Bottom