root rot

• Thread starter sinilluminati
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sinilluminati

sinilluminati

how long after root rot should i expect bounce back? Are the existing roots no longer going uptake the nutz. i used physan-20 for 2 days and got ucroots in there now with a low ppm (250) and iba. i think i stopped the root rot. Im seeing new roots dropping down but just wondering. Its been a few days and i have not seen any new vegetative growth.

T

tipper619sd

well in my experience i would clean the buckets out and clean off all the dead roots and keep the new roots they should be back and running in no time

sinilluminati

sinilluminati

i have cleaned them out. as far as dead roots should i pull off the dead one from off the root mass? or is there away to know.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I havent done this yet but if it were me I would ditch the sterile route and throw some of caps bennies in that shit. Everything I ve thrown that shit in goes wacky they love it. Im sure it would cure u up

sinilluminati

sinilluminati

thanks for the incite budgoggles like your work. Got any brand or receipt. and what exactly is cap bennies and is it a top feed or in the epic center and how often. im new to undercurrent. its nothing what i expected but will learn.

bonkia

bonkia

Capulators benificals I love his stuff too. Don't think it would help with root rot though you would need a enzyme for that. It will certainly make them exploid with new roots after you fix the rot though.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ogbiowar.com is cap's official site. The first thing to do is get your water temps down to below 65. Then, add ACT, or aerated compost tea. Cap's or not, this will get things going in the right direction. If you can't get your temps down, you best switch to coco, it's that important. Sterilization is a dead end! The whole world is full of spores, there is no way a hobbyist can keep anything sterile long enough to grow plants in it

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I run at 68f and its golden for me, OGbiowar or any ACT will fix the roots up and keep your plants happy happy. Im running UC roots now because I bought the stuff but next run will surely be ACT tea its the shitz
Go the the nutrient threads sub forum caps bennies you'll find everything you need there

If your going to switch to an ACT make sure you dump your entire system and start fresh UC roots will kill the bennies

T

tipper619sd

i have had root rot before and after i cleared all the dead roots and added 1 to 2 mls extra per gal and some h2o2 i have been pretty good since then. Oh and i got my temps down to 66- 67 I am very interested in caps bennies i see many doing so well like all4 maybe next run, But i have not had any problems since i did the extra mls.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
DO NOT PUT ENZYMES IN YOUR UC SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something about straight enzyme products like hygrozme (aka Igrowslime) and RDWC systems are very bad if you already have a case of rot. They will perpetuate the problem quickly.

Capulators benificals I love his stuff too. Don't think it would help with root rot though you would need a enzyme for that. It will certainly make them exploid with new roots after you fix the rot though.

^^^ this is bad advice for UC ...sorry bonkia.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Something about straight enzyme products like hygrozme (aka Igrowslime) and RDWC systems are very bad if you already have a case of rot. They will perpetuate the problem quickly.

I am here to second Cap's advice about RDWC systems and their sensitivity to enzyme products. I used hygrozyme and it slimed me but good- jacked up my roots, sucked the O2 out of the water due to an explosion of bacteria and algae, killed my run. I went to organic/beneficial bacteria and have had zero issues since. Remember that just one of many jobs these microbes do is manufacturing enzymes- they just do it better than we ever could.

bonkia

bonkia

I

Sorry didn't read uc don't know anything about it.

T

tipper619sd

nice glad we solved that issue. Ya slime is proven to kill ur system and sometime very hard to get back rolling again. That was one reason why i asked that and i use CS nutes so i rock with UC roots and h202 and havent had an issue since

sinilluminati

sinilluminati

im using ucroots @ 1.5 ml per gal and H/G A/B 2ml a gal no ro (have not made this investment yet plus i live in the nw where we have good water ppm is at 35.) will add cal mag 2ml/gal to keep my ppm around 250. i think my treatment from last week to kill off what was making my roots sick worked. im seeing new root growth, but not any veg growth this is my first run and have sucked at it bad i have vegged for two months amd every time i get some where my plants stall out. im going to try these cap bennies to see what every one is talking about. can i use hormex in my uc with cap bennies

sinilluminati

sinilluminati

by the way thanks for the help this is totally a whole new ball game for me i have done very well in soil for years but have been drooling over the success you guy are having with uc set up and the root system that comes with it.

Top Bottom