root rot

• Thread starter sinilluminati
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

by the way thanks for the help this is totally a whole new ball game for me i have done very well in soil for years but have been drooling over the success you guy are having with uc set up and the root system that comes with it.

Its tough growing in soil for a long time then going straight into a UC system, the RDWC is very different then soil grows. I think you got alot of good advice here and Caps bennies (OG Biowar) is an amazing product and will definitely help out your plants health.

If you have enough space maybe try growing some plants in a soilless media like coco or a coco and peat moss mix, just to be on the safe side in case things go wrong again in the UC you will at least have something that will give you a harvest without vegging so long.

Check out desertsquirrel's threads if you haven't already because he is a very successful UC grower and has alot of great info in his threads. Good luck and I hope things turn around for you soon.

N

NWElite89

@Sinilluminati
I had the root rot problem in my system. I first drained the whole system, and made sure everything in my room was wrapped, aka (manifold, return pipe, buckets, lids etc...) Took a wet/dry vac and cleaned my whole system down to bone dry. Filled my system with plain tap water to flush any other "gunk" in they system. I then re-filled with system with a low dosage of nutes and I put hygrozyme. I was warned by UCMENOW not to use, along with others, but my roots seems to get better after using it twice in my feedings at 1/3 strength. I have not run it the past 1.5 weeks, but plants look great and the roots are white and robust. I have not done any caps yet, so I cant speak on experience.

sinilluminati

sinilluminati

@nwelite thanks again for the info i have cleared up the root issue im using ucroots to get it back in order just waiting to see if the plants start have new growth. will defiantly try cap bennies in my second set up and compare the two. i was under the impression that sterile is the best way to go but both options look great just need to fine tune this system. ill post new pics in my other thread at the end of week.

sinilluminati

sinilluminati

so how important is RH in veg? like u all know i have been trying to get these girl heading in the right direction, so yesterday i put a humidifier in and set it to 65 RH now the plant went from wilt to perk over night and im starting to see the fan leafs go from yellow to a little greener then before. my water temps are at 62-64 and my ph started at 5.4 and has drop to 4.8 my ppm is around 330 to 350 and my ec is at .6-.7 room temp is 74-78

N

NWElite89

Room Humidity is super vital! I believe Woods' preaches in about this in one of his posts online. I am learning about how important it as well. Even though my RH is not as high as yours, I see a dramatic difference between 35% I had before to the current-48% I have now. I think for optimal conditions, you want 65-70% humidity for veg, and 40-50% in flower is prime from what I have learned. Im sure as you continue to grow, you will learn what "ideal" conditions your plant will thrive in.

sinilluminati

sinilluminati

Yes if it wasn't for this site I would have been back to dirt in a heart beat but the community of farmer on here r the shit. Plus the info got a ton of info I find my self studying all night long.

N

NWElite89

Im sure all of us have spent countless hours on here, even losing track of time soaking up info:)

dankworth

dankworth

Hater buckets, chow topdripped with a shallow water layer underneath, dtw, with Caps bennies, proved to be far more rot resistant than rdwc.
Recirculating nute solution elevates disease risk imo.

Kushlvr

Kushlvr

My two cents would be to definitely run your humidity at least 60 in veg your room temp seems fine but raise your water temps to at least 65. When you see your PH drop like that usually means root rot is setting in or two much nutes in the water for your plants to uptake. I've fought root issues in the past & with the use of caps root pack & foilar pack in a 24-48hr brew w/some ewc I have nothing but pearly white roots always. All you need is a good tea like this cultured solutions A&B & with your water ppm being so low some cal mag & it's all smooth sailing ride from there. Flush that system get yourself some tea brewing as soon as its ready give a good soaking to each module & dump a few gallons in your epi center after you add your ph nutes you will see amazing things happen. Once you get it ,it's so easy it's amazing. Don't forget to add some more tea every 3-5 days you don't have to use as much as when you do a res change but adding fresh tea is key for me.

sinilluminati

sinilluminati

thanks kushlvr i haver order my cap bennies and will have them here this week so cant wait to see whats up. Everyone has convinced me thats the way to go so ill will try it

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Water temps are a super big deal, my personal sweet spot is 66 degress never higher than that with lights on or off...wrap everything, light is your enemy on the roots, minimum humidity of 60%rh always and as high as 70-75% in veg..

Ive used CAPS bennies but it was part of a full on attack on some RA action but I use a Foliar feed pack with the talcum carrier and it seemed to work good, kind of a bitch to mix and strain for the buckets though so watch out...if your usin CAPS stuff hit him up directly he's on his game

CS nutes rock in the buckets...no problems what so ever

T

tipper619sd

Water temps are a super big deal, my personal sweet spot is 66 degress never higher than that with lights on or off...wrap everything, light is your enemy on the roots, minimum humidity of 60%rh always and as high as 70-75% in veg..

Ive used CAPS bennies but it was part of a full on attack on some RA action but I use a Foliar feed pack with the talcum carrier and it seemed to work good, kind of a bitch to mix and strain for the buckets though so watch out...if your usin CAPS stuff hit him up directly he's on his game

CS nutes rock in the buckets...no problems what so ever

Ill second that hit up cap for info about his stuff but CS nutes is bomb no issues

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

CS and caps tea big +++ I can't say enough after seeing the tea work on a healthy run where the tea is there only as a benefit not for some need. The difference was there all the way around from veg to final product.. I'm sold on tea...

T

tipper619sd

CS and caps tea big +++ I can't say enough after seeing the tea work on a healthy run where the tea is there only as a benefit not for some need. The difference was there all the way around from veg to final product.. I'm sold on tea...

ya im very tempted to run a tea run myself and see how they do i have seen ur work all4freedumb excellent stuff u are the reason and cap , and a few more farmers n here using his benes . Everything looks great.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

It took me a year or so to flip the switch and give tea a try... Now I understand, his slogan says it all, as I have no regrets and I'm a believer. I never had a root issue or a bad run that I needed tea. I just read all I could from Cap, saw what I did a knew it was worth a try. That run was the easiest, least stressed run and the one that has set the par for my UC as far as beauty, flavor and yield for that strain in the UC. I don't promote unless I believe, I'm a believer of my UC, around haters or not, and I am now a believer in bathing my roots in a soft stew, like CS nutes, and some great bennies, like Caps tea's. You gotta at least get his foliar pack on deck.. Ive seen the difference, it's no guess to me anymore, I just can't deny what I see...

T

tipper619sd

It took me a year or so to flip the switch and give tea a try... Now I understand, his slogan says it all, as I have no regrets and I'm a believer. I never had a root issue or a bad run that I needed tea. I just read all I could from Cap, saw what I did a knew it was worth a try. That run was the easiest, least stressed run and the one that has set the par for my UC as far as beauty, flavor and yield for that strain in the UC. I don't promote unless I believe, I'm a believer of my UC, around haters or not, and I am now a believer in bathing my roots in a soft stew, like CS nutes, and some great bennies, like Caps tea's. You gotta at least get his foliar pack on deck.. Ive seen the difference, it's no guess to me anymore, I just can't deny what I see...

Very nic brotha ya me either sounds like foliar pack is on its way as we speak. I did know u use it in conjunction with CS nutes??

Latest posts

Top Bottom