root stunning in dwc. alway same spot in grow tent

• Thread starter monkey47
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

monkey47

Hi guys,

I run a dwc setup and one plant often gets hit with root problems, they just dont expand as great as the others, there is no root rot but the buds really look unappealing.
they get the same nutrient mixture are in the same tent. it might be because of a hotspot of the hps but i dont have an accurate enough meter.
The all basicly have the same parameters and its always the same spot that gets hit.

I did notice the phenotype im growing really cant handle heat. i lowerd the temp and i ll wait untill next grow to see if it has any results.

How can i go about and solve this ? any sugestions ?
normal plant and stunned plants roots. different strains same problem always on the same spot.

Root stunning in dwc alway same spot in grow tent
Root stunning in dwc alway same spot in grow tent 2
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Is the fan blowing on that plant more than the others, right under the hps in comparison to the others, getting enough air all questions id look at
As you know hps do throw out heat is that part hotter less more humid
Is it always the same container

If it’s just this grow it maybe that plant didn’t handle the heat as well the other if it’s constantly happing grow after grow without being there it’s hard to know I can really only throw out a few questions you might of thought about already

M

monkey47

Is the fan blowing on that plant more than the others, right under the hps in comparison to the others, getting enough air all questions id look at
As you know hps do throw out heat is that part hotter less more humid
Is it always the same container

If it’s just this grow it maybe that plant didn’t handle the heat as well the other if it’s constantly happing grow after grow without being there it’s hard to know I can really only throw out a few questions you might of thought about already
I only have a primaklima to vent hot air no circulating fan at the moment. I'm introducing a circulating fan back next grow in that tent.

I only have a basic thermo hygro meter so I can't really get an exact measurement for that spot under the hps. Is there a certain kind of way to measure the radiating heat square inch by inch in the tent ?

It's not always the same container. After each grow I wash my buckets and then I use them at random for the same 70×70 cm space. But it is always the back left plant in the tent.

I am measuring the temp this light and day cycle to see if the water in this bucket becomes hotter then in the other 3 during lights on but in my grow tent the buckets are smaller and the temp of the water is 1-2 degrees celsius higher. (They do get more air pumped into the water tough)

Thanks for thinking with me!

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I’ve a handheld ( damp inspection ) humidity meter I brought That will tell you inch by inch the humidity and the temperature Something that reads heat would be a better option
sry I can’t help more

M

monkey47

I’ve a handheld ( damp inspection ) humidity meter I brought That will tell you inch by inch the humidity and the temperature Something that reads heat would be a better option
sry I can’t help more
Cool thanks man.

I'll try to see if I can get a abnormale.al reading with the gear I have. I harvested that plant and the other 3 are still blooming strong. I got atleast 35 dry grams from that plant which is not bad at all knowing I only have four under a 250 hps and the other 3 have giant cola's

Top Bottom