Root temp influence over ambient temp.

• Thread starter Roadblock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Roadblock

Roadblock

Hello guys

First post here, Im a long time grower but first time with RDWC . Im running a chiller and root zone is constant 68 degrees.

My question is how will the constant root zone temp effect whats going on in the ambient zone, will it help both ways of the spectrum, allow lower night time ambient temps and or allow higher lights on temps . I have a lot of fluctuation during the seasons from dry very hot summers 113 max to min 77 , and winter 75 max 26 min.

Its just starting to cool down after summer and my night temps are a bit cool and it got me thinking if the warmer root zone will take care of it.

Cheers

Nugg

Nugg

From my experience..water temp not that important.. room temp is tho... I've had my water temps in the 80's and no issues,now cold air temps slow them way down.need to figure away to control the environment a little bit

Roadblock

Roadblock

From my experience..water temp not that important.. room temp is tho... I've had my water temps in the 80's and no issues,now cold air temps slow them way down.need to figure away to control the environment a little bit

Hmm ok nuggs thanks I read somewhere that cooler root zone allowed much higher ambient temps with Lettuce in grown tropical areas, I got a feeling it will help when its hot but when its cold not so much , I can run warm air from one room into the intake off the other room to level things out during its dark time, and when its lights on will be pulling just cool air as the others rooms are lights off.

Cheers

Roadblock

Roadblock

Here is an interesting article on stabilized root zone temps, I think there is more positives to chillers than keeping rot at bay Im going to look carefully at my root temps relationships to ambient temps with growth rates over the next year.

A cooling system developed by Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies (ASX: ROO) has increased the yield of dry cannabis flowers by up to 118% at a premium production facility in Southern California.

The Israeli company installed its Root Zone Temperature Optimisation system into a climate-controlled greenhouse owned by luxury cannabis cultivator Canndescent to stabilise the roots of its cannabis plants at an optimal temperature of 21oC.

The recreational and medicinal cannabis producer customises its plant-growing environment by stage and strain, with flowers picked and trimmed by hand.

Ambient air temperatures within its greenhouse can reach up to 30oC, with outside temperatures topping 43oC.

https://smallcaps.com.au/roots-cool...bis-producer-double-yield-lower-energy-costs/

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Here is an interesting article on stabilized root zone temps, I think there is more positives to chillers than keeping rot at bay Im going to look carefully at my root temps relationships to ambient temps with growth rates over the next year.

A cooling system developed by Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies (ASX: ROO) has increased the yield of dry cannabis flowers by up to 118% at a premium production facility in Southern California.

The Israeli company installed its Root Zone Temperature Optimisation system into a climate-controlled greenhouse owned by luxury cannabis cultivator Canndescent to stabilise the roots of its cannabis plants at an optimal temperature of 21oC.

The recreational and medicinal cannabis producer customises its plant-growing environment by stage and strain, with flowers picked and trimmed by hand.

Ambient air temperatures within its greenhouse can reach up to 30oC, with outside temperatures topping 43oC.

https://smallcaps.com.au/roots-cool...bis-producer-double-yield-lower-energy-costs/

Thank You, those were very Interesting. My temp situation is similar to yours; and i keep both of my rez between 63-65F. I wanted to give my self the extra room/time on those summer days when we lose power. I work an hour away so even if my monitoring tells me the power is off i have a minimum of a 60 before I can get home. I have a ups specifically for a small air pump and a small circulating pump to keep the water moving, if the power goes out or into brown-out condition. One rez is 40 gal (two plants) the other is 10 (a single plant). I have always had an excellent growth rate even when my cabinet was as high as 85-88F. šŸ»

Latest posts

Top Bottom