Rooted Fan Leaves

• Thread starter Magellan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Magellan

Magellan

I noticed last night when inspecting the fan leafs that the BAP leaf that is still in the 18/6 veg room has developed a crack/split on the underside of the stem. Not sure if this is related to the BAP and not sure if anything will grow out of it.

Didn't see anything similar on the other leafs.

Will try to take a picture of it and post it here.

keiksweat

keiksweat

I noticed last night when inspecting the fan leafs that the BAP leaf that is still in the 18/6 veg room has developed a crack/split on the underside of the stem. Not sure if this is related to the BAP and not sure if anything will grow out of it.

Didn't see anything similar on the other leafs.

Will try to take a picture of it and post it here.
here we go,here we go,here we go....and there offff.

Magellan

Magellan

Here's a pic. My phone cam was having trouble focusing on it. I didn't see anything growing out of it.

20160421 170125

jammie

jammie

hey there magellan- just found this thread. i did something similar about 4-5 months ago. my leaves had a small slice of the stem included and like yours had no problems rooting. i had 4-5 other cuttings that were regular 4" branches. unfortunately just like your experiencing, i never had any growth and had to pitch them after about a month because my other clones had grown to the point of flipping lights.

Magellan

Magellan

Jammie -I have a separate bloom room, so keeping the fan leaves going is no problem. As I stated previously, I put two fan leafs in my bloom room and two are still in 18/6.

Did you happen to try any plant growth hormones on your fan leafs?

william76

william76

U get the odd plant that shoots a pistil from the middle of the leaf in flower,wonder if they'd do any better?or the few uv flipped,wait till there in 12/12 a few weeks then flip them back if there's no change and see if they throw out any funky revert growth?crazy for sure!76

MeJuana

MeJuana

Before you give up when you are out of things to try I am curious what happens if you graft to it. This experiment is fun to me I wouldn't want it to end prematurely but when it is time to give up it would be fun to try to use that stem/roots for something.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Have you thought about possibly fimming one of the fans on the leaf. And leaving the rest of the fingers to support the plant. Maybe it will grow a stem from the cut finger ?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Ok so as I have seen the picture of the ?meristem? growing out of the petiole I would say if the leaf does not to have the genetic line to do it, you will never be able to grow a meristem off of a rooted leaves' petiole. That would just be my hypothesis.

Now think even deeper. What could we do with this knowledge?

I would like to see this idea of rooting leaves on a large scale "grass" yards. You never have to cut it. Then I would have to figure out how they would stay alive if I wanted to play in my yard with my kids I would damage them and they wouldn't grow back (at this point in your experiment here). That would be a pretty yard though, having "grass"-grass. Pot leaves for grass everybody!

Last edited:
MeJuana

MeJuana

Yeah it would be great except you'd have to plant millions of leaves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom