Rooted Fan Leaves

• Thread starter Magellan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Magellan

Magellan

I will keep everyone up to date - say every few days or when something new develops.

None of the leaves had a node. I cut them about one cm from the main stem - not right next to it. They took about 3 weeks to root. They didn't really do anything for the first 2 weeks - pulled one of them out of the rock wool and there was nothing after 2 weeks. So my local grow shop gave me some root accelerator and I used some of that on them. I also took them out of the green house/dome- my thinking was to try to force them to need roots to help with the transpiration and nutrients. Low and behold by week 3 there were roots showing out the bottom of all 4 rock cubes. One leaf even had roots growing over the top of the rock wool.

I used the red solo cups for their first pots. Just cut slits in the bottom for drainage. Filled the cup about half full of Roots Organic 707, added some mycorrhizea, wetted the soil, placed the rooted leaf and rock wool (the top of the rock wool is not showing, it's about 1 cm under the soil), then topped it off with more 707 and lightly watered them with PH adjusted water with some light pro veg nute and cal/mag.

They are under some T8 32w 4' florescent tubes (18/6), but also get daily sunshine through some French doors that face due south.

madscrapper

madscrapper

Coool.personally I'd get 1/2 cup of midget toe nail clippings,3 albino unicorn pubes,and 3ml of tears from a clown.ph at 14.5,do the 'stinky leg' untill it bubbles, and fill water balloon w the tea.freeze water balloon,add some calmag (everyone adds calmag!)and throw frozen water balloon of this magical tea at Bruce Jenner.you'll see remarkable growth within a few days.
Or skip all that and keep doing whatever it is your doing.this is very cool and I'll try this instead of reveg next time I forget to clone a keeper.keep us posted brother

keiksweat

keiksweat

So
Coool.personally I'd get 1/2 cup of midget toe nail clippings,3 albino unicorn pubes,and 3ml of tears from a clown.ph at 14.5,do the 'stinky leg' untill it bubbles, and fill water balloon w the tea.freeze water balloon,add some calmag (everyone adds calmag!)and throw frozen water balloon of this magical tea at Bruce Jenner.you'll see remarkable growth within a few days.
Or skip all that and keep doing whatever it is your doing.this is very cool and I'll try this instead of reveg next time I forget to clone a keeper.keep us posted brother
so that's why Bruce looks all fucked up.
Home made super jive....

Ron54

Ron54

Bd x Q wr x Q the black dog is a monster

IMG 20160320 160635418

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That was my FIRST thought, along with all the fucking trouble I've gone to to make sure I have clone-able bits.
I worked in a greenhouse in aalsmeer Holland for a while,they grew these cactus with lots of round leaves.each one of these leaves planted out became a plant.I know its not bud but it always amazed me the same,no growth tips.
Cacti are pretty neat plants, very unique. That sounds like a fantastic job, too. I think I could spend all day in a greenhouse as easily as I can a fishroom.
That's how they clone African violets...
That's right! It's been decades since I've kept them, I forgot about that. It is how I used to
When a piece of tissue does not have the cells to build off of it can flip proteins and make it happen.
Differentiation in the Shoot Apical Meristem by Transient Overexpression of a Retinoblastoma-Related Protein
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1533950/
PAH!!! Did you hear that? That was the sound of my mind being BLOWN! PAH!!!! Like that.

Magellan

Magellan

So a week has gone by since my initial post and not much has changed. They leaves all look green and healthy. No drying edges, drooping or curling. The stems do appear to be getting a little thicker. I tried placing one in the window so it would get sunlight instead of T8, but it appeared to droop a little so I put it back under the T8 with the other 3.

After a couple of weeks, I will try sliding one the leaf/plants out of the solo cup and see how the roots are doing.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

So has anyone else rooted fan leaves? Just for fun I tried my hand at rooting 4 fan leaves and all four of them sprouted roots - took about 3 weeks for them to show. I transferred them to soil to today. Any idea if they will grow into plants or will they just stay as giant green fan leaves? Here's a pic of them prior to putting them into soil.

View attachment 583457
Theoretically they cant grow unless they have growing shoots.would be cool if they sprouted a shoot out the wee middle bit that joins all the fingers together.iv seen plants grow wee nugs out that bit in bloom

Top Bottom