Rooted Fan Leaves

• Thread starter Magellan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancdank

mancdank

I love this thread.

Have you thought about maybe making a super small razor cut on its stem to see if responds with new cell growth of a mainstem?

Haha. A dispensary asked me for a clone of my Ultrabrite and I told them $500. Is this wrong?
Not if there willing to pay it something is only ever worth what someone is willing to pay u should stick another $500 just for giggles lol

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

This is great can't wait to see what comes of it. I was surprised when I seen the roots. Seem like they're growing fast. Pulling up a chair for this one thanks for posting.

Magellan

Magellan

Put them in full bright sunshine all day. No wilting or drooping at all. But no new growth. :(

Sprayed the leaves with coconut water a couple of times today - my thinking is that the cytokinins may work when absorbed by the leaves.

It doesn't really make sense for just a single leaf to have such a big root mass.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Ye
Put them in full bright sunshine all day. No wilting or drooping at all. But no new growth. :(

Sprayed the leaves with coconut water a couple of times today - my thinking is that the cytokinins may work when absorbed by the leaves.

It doesn't really make sense for just a single leaf to have such a big root mass.
P,keep hitting the leaf.can absorb more than the roots.

Magellan

Magellan

Tonight, I used a q-tip and wetted the entire upper side of the leaf stem (petiole) with 100% coconut water on the two that I have previously treated. I will continue to do this for awhile along with spraying the leafs. After seeing some of the pics in this thread, my thinking is that any new stem/branch growth will come from the petiole.

Magellan

Magellan

Does anyone have any experience with BAP? Apparently it's the same growth chemicals that are found in coconut water. But it seems like it would be easier to work with, since the coconut water goes bad after awhile. I could just mix it up fresh when I need it.

Magellan

Magellan

Update - no change. I have been watering and misting the leaves but no new growth has appeared. The leaves are nice and green and full, but that's it.

Magellan

Magellan

I know...me too. Kind of bummed that they have stalled. Trying to figure out what my next step is going to be. Get some BAP plant growth hormone and hit them with that OR try flipping two of them and let the other two continue on the 18/6 schedule.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
It's a wonderful experiment,
no mater how it turns out;
they still look great--
and there's "endless" possibilities...

Trying to figure out what my next step is going to be.
Patience Heh...

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Update - no change. I have been watering and misting the leaves but no new growth has appeared. The leaves are nice and green and full, but that's it.
Confucius if you want pretty nurse

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Heh,
I almost posted "Patience, Grasshopper"--
but that was a bit much...

Top Bottom