Rooting Compound Comparison

• Thread starter SquenchyBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SquenchyBudz

Hey everybody... I thought since I've been getting some good help around here, I'd try to give something back to the community, albeit something small. Hopefully it will help someone out.

I bought some Schultz Take Root Powder at Home Depot, Ordered some Olivia's gel online, and since I made a semi-big order from them, they sent me a small sample of Roottech gel and Superthrive.

I decided to try all 3 at the same time in an aero cloner to see what kind of results I got.

The FIRST one to root was the Roottech gel. I'm talking like 3 days and there were nice little prickly roots.

Second to root was the Schultz Take Root. Couple days after. At this time, the Olivia's were just barely starting to get bumps... but I could tell they were coming along.

Olivia's was last to root... but you sometimes get rewarded for patience. I took these picturesd after about 12 days and while being the last to root,... well, you just look at the pictures and decide for yourself.

Rooting compound comparison
Olivia's

Rooting compound comparison 2
Olivia's

Rootch
Roottech

Rooting compound comparison 4
Schultz'

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

what did the roots on the other too look like after 12 days?

K

keebzy

Premium Member
Supporter
I got Olivias I took my first cuttings about 4 or 5 days ago no roots yet. I'm using an aeroponic cloner and some superthrive also this makes me glad I choose Olivias hoopefuly I get same results!

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

I been swearing by Olivias gel for almost a decade now..Very nice comparison..
I would definatly rather wait a few extra days for healthier more vigorous roots..

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

Great test man... I use rootech my self but those roots in the first pic look really healthy.

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

Yeah I use rootech too but I've only heard great things about Olivias.

L

l0g1c4l

i'm a root tech guy myself...but you just made me a believer!

S

SquenchyBudz

i'm a root tech guy myself...but you just made me a believer!

I'm in no way trying to get anyone to change what has always worked for them or anything like that... just figured since I had all 3, it'd be an interesting comparison to do.

Top Bottom