Rooting Hormone additive cheap solution?

• Thread starter infam0usgro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
infam0usgro

infam0usgro

Hello all,

Hope you are all well and having an amazing holiday week despite this pandemic!

Had a question regarding rooting hormone additives. I use salts in my grow and am possibly looking for an alternative whether it be powder or some inexpensive way to add rooting hormone into my mix rather than using products like Heavy 16 roots, Root xcelerator, etc...

Is there a cheap alternative i can add to my reservoir for cheap and good results? Thank you for your help!

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i haven't got an answer, i'm just rephrasing your question, you mean is there a cheaper alternative to cannazym and rhizotonic?

i don't use rhizotonic, but use cannazym at most 2.5 mls / litre of water/nutrient-solution - on my soil and DWC grow.

you growing DWC?

infam0usgro

infam0usgro

i haven't got an answer, i'm just rephrasing your question, you mean is there a cheaper alternative to cannazym and rhizotonic?

i don't use rhizotonic, but use cannazym at most 2.5 mls / litre of water/nutrient-solution - on my soil and DWC grow.

you growing DWC?

Sorry if my question wasnt worded correctly. I am trying to find an inexpensive solution of adding a rooting powder/liquid to my nutrient mix. I am trying to save money rather than paying for overpriced bottled nutrients. I know the active ingredient is INDOLE 3 BUTYRIC ACID but i dont know how to dose it properly.

I do drain to waste for the most part. I use coco. Just trying to save money instead of buying these overpriced nutrients. Thanks for your reply.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

home depot, lowes, walmart have a powder rooting hormone with indole 3 butyric acid, but I have no idea if you would be able to mix it in a rez.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

home depot, lowes, walmart have a powder rooting hormone with indole 3 butyric acid, but I have no idea if you would be able to mix it in a rez.
Rooting hormone I believe is meant for the actual cutting hence the acid. Look into great white and mycorrhizal fungi

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Rooting hormone I believe is meant for the actual cutting hence the acid. Look into great white and mycorrhizal fungi

Right, but he said he wants a cheap rooting hormone with indole 3 butyric acid. The stuff you mentioned doesn't contain that. Thats why I said I dont know about using it in a rez, because its not made for that.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

That’s what I use and get 99% results in a clone bucket with bubbler

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I use both sometimes Rhizotonic Foliar.
I change the water completely once a week and top up daily.

Top Bottom