rooting in water

• Thread starter mackdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mackdown

Another newbie question here. I cut a clone from one of my plants when it was 3 weeks into flowering and propped it up in a small glass bottle with water in it. I added a small amount of root stimulator, and a few high nitrogen fert pellets and I can see it beginning to develop very small roots. Its been almost 2 weeks now. It looks fine so far, its not losing color and the leaves are not wilting. Will it make it? What should I do next? Any info greatly appreciated.

Rushoe

Rushoe

yea I have seen other ppl do this on the other site just wait a bit longer till u see some nice developed roots and then transplant that bitch in to some coco and feed it everything I have from fresh clone gets about 600 ppm soon as I transplant good luck.

OneStonedPony

OneStonedPony

Mackdown do you change the water out every three days ? If not, you should, with just plain water. No rooting hormone, no fertilizer, just plain water at room temp. When a cut is not being fed an easy meal, it will throw out roots quicker searching for what it wants. With rooting hormones, having too much will actually deter good root growth, that's why I always only use plain water, with great results. Hope that helps.

M

mackdown

Mackdown do you change the water out every three days ? If not, you should, with just plain water. No rooting hormone, no fertilizer, just plain water at room temp. When a cut is not being fed an easy meal, it will throw out roots quicker searching for what it wants. With rooting hormones, having too much will actually deter good root growth, that's why I always only use plain water, with great results. Hope that helps.

No I haven't been doing that thanks for the info I will do that tonight. The water is actually kind of greenish looking now so I was wondering about that. Thanks again.

Top Bottom