Rooting it tha fridge?

• Thread starter kushsmoker30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushsmoker30

a few years back my buddy had a plug on some clones in tha stockton area, seems like every time they got them they were cold real cold like fridge cold but they had healthy ass roots n were very happy. seems like this collective had hella bubba babies on deck cuz we knew a bunch of people always getting healthy clones they were always cold in oasis wedges with happy roots.

i have the worst time rooting babies, a while back i took some cuts put them in wedges n let em sit in da dark for 40 hrs. when i went to get them out of the dark they looked so happy that it reminded me of the clones that i had wondered about if they have rooted them in a dark cold fridge.

a few weeks back i used part of an onion n put tha remainder into a container in the fridge, i remember kinda squishing it in cuz it was a tight fit. today cleaning the fridge i came across this cut onion n found some pretty nice n happy roots growing from it, btw my fridge is very cold in the 30's kinda cool to c roots can thrive in that kinda cold.

IMG_0160

IMG_0161

IMG_0162

IMG_0166

does any 1 on here know anything bout rooting the the fridge?

Dad

Dad

People use heat mats to help encourage root growth, I haven't heard of the other way around working. Although the plants like a cool soil

K

kushsmoker30

I'm willing to bet that they rooted these the normal way, and then stored them in a cooler to keep them just so for eventual purchase. Think cheap form of temporary suspended animation.

that's what they said, but dam this onion busted out crazy roots especially considering it was sliced.

i got pic's of this onion i need to figure out how to post pic's, the fridge temp is set to 34 degrees n the roots r stupid happy n big for me doing nothing.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I'm willing to bet that they rooted these the normal way, and then stored them in a cooler to keep them just so for eventual purchase. Think cheap form of temporary suspended animation.

Agreed! haha

catdaddy

catdaddy

quick question, can i take an unrooted clone and put it in fridge until i am ready to root it? thanks in advance.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

quick question, can i take an unrooted clone and put it in fridge until i am ready to root it? thanks in advance.
yes, don't take more then 3 days if it's a healthy clone and even then the sooner the better; i have heard they last longer but have never tried past 3 days myself....take it easy

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Onions are way different then plants, look at potatoes, they root underground and thats how you grow more potatoes. Cannabis has seeds, so they don't create roots unless under the right condition. Onions and potatoes will root because thats what they do, but under the right conditions and onions need different conditions then a cannabis clone.

Basically, I would not try to root clones in the fridge, but like tty said, it will keep them suspended.

K

kushsmoker30

i hear u lex, i do store my beans in the fridge n them fuckers ain't ever sprouted but there never moist either.

it's kind of a trip 4 a onion missing 40% or so cuz of getting chopped to bust out white healthy roots in a cold ass 34 degree fridge, makes me wonder what else can bust out root in there. think a lil test for shits is in order:)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

i hear u lex, i do store my beans in the fridge n them fuckers ain't ever sprouted but there never moist either.

it's kind of a trip 4 a onion missing 40% or so cuz of getting chopped to bust out white healthy roots in a cold ass 34 degree fridge, makes me wonder what else can bust out root in there. think a lil test for shits is in order:)

Hell yeah, if you got a clone to spare then do it up. I've never tried it so I can't say it won't work, but I'm sure if it was better to root cuttings in a fridge it would of been figured out from scientists by now, thats the main reason why I'm skeptical on this fridge idea. When it comes to onions, it doesn't have to be whole, you can have an 8th of an onion and it will do the same your half onion did under the right conditions. Think about a clone, it will root whether its 2", 4", or 8" tall, it doesn't matter about size, if you put it in the correct conditions it will grow roots. Onions are the same way, it could be half an onion or a quarter, it will still root if its right conditions.

I know I sound like a repeating robot saying the same shit over and over lol Honestly, you should try to root a few clones in the fridge, it would be cool to see how they perform. Like I said before, I don't think it would be better, but your gonna throw away some bottom branches anyways, why not try it and see what happens. Good luck bro.

K

kushsmoker30

Like I said before, I don't think it would be better, but your gonna throw away some bottom branches anyways, why not try it and see what happens. Good luck bro.

exactly my thoughts i'll set n forget it, i forgot bout the onion only found it cuz garbage day was coming n i wanted to help my lady by cleaning the fridge.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

If your are already having trouble rooting clones I wouldnt suggest running a rooting experiment.
Ive had cuts root that had been off the plant for 10 days, in a non refrigerated environment. Properly stored in the fridge id say 2 weeks easy. Extra long stems wrapped tightly in damp paper towels in a partially inflated ziplock. I like to spray them with the Clonex rooting hormone foliar spray.

K

kushsmoker30

got to say, ive had some cuts, rooted clones n some un rooted clones in da fride since tuesday. da cuts wrapped in damp paper towels, wilted but came back after placing em on the counter in a cup of water.

the rooted clones rooted a lil more n the un rooted clones that were close to rooting stated showing roots out the top of the oasis wedge.

this was not a test, i was given the cut's 4 a farmer n put em there till he gets him free babies.

a test is coming with cuts that have been properly cut n dipped

Latest posts

Top Bottom