Rootmaker 5 any one use??

• Thread starter ProdigyGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Hi guys what's up I grow in pure coco and I'm planning on using a bigger pot than the normal 5 gallon pots I usually use. I was thinking of useing the smart pots or geo pots but I like the hard plastic pots . Now I've heard when u use a 5 gallon smart pots it's like the equivalent to using a 7 gallon plastic pot. I was wondering if the root maker 5 pots would be the same concept would a 5 gallo. Rootmaker 5 be like using a 7 or 9 gallon reg nursery pot ? If any of you guys have used these and can share your experience with me and let me know if it's worth the money or any experience you have had with them I would really appreciate it thanks guys!!!

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
Really no body has used the Rootmaker 5 pots??

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
Ya I've just decided to run regular 7 gallon pots with pure coco I might try these later they look bad ass though

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey folks,
I've used the Rootmaker 1 & 3's and have some mini moms in rootmaker 3, I have yet to try the 5 but it looks large! I noticed the mini moms don't get rootbound as quick in these pots and grow very nicely. I've got some flowering right now with the Plant Warrior 3 gallons too, I'll check them at the end and see if either container is advantageous. Gotta say though all the coco stuff is lightyears behind my hydro side...

BNUTTHEHUT

BNUTTHEHUT

Thanks, i was looking at the Plant Warriors too(mostly because they were cheap). In coco they get rootbound fast. I will give them a go and see what happens.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey Bnutt:
The plant warriors are great so far, super cheap compared to Rootmakers, but they have one huge problem. If you are transplanting a plant that you want to bury down deep to let the stem grow roots, Good luck, when you put the plant in the middle of the Plant Warrior container you just about have to put it on the plastic inverted cone that is in the middle of the warrior containers and it'll barely allow for a clone as far as height or depth of middle of container. Try em, you'll hear me loud n clear when transplanting...lol

Also the plant warrior containers I could see breaking down and cracking or something since they are flimsy in comparison to the Rootmaker, Rootmaker will last a lifetime and Plant Warrior, best inside as outside I couldn't see em going more than one season...

BNUTTHEHUT

BNUTTHEHUT

I went to the store to check them out first before i ordered them online, and I was thinking what you posted. Thanks for the heads up. i will go with the rootmakers.

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
BUMB,,.. also interested in the 5 gal rootmakers, anyone else with some input?

Cort

Cort

I got some of the 3g plant warriors too. Wont even fit a beer cup clone without me ripping the bottom half the root mass to make it fit.

Top Bottom