Roots B2 Soil And Ph

• Thread starter jewsh808
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jewsh808

jewsh808

Wondering what pH I should water this at...feel like I run into lockout issues sometimes...? I'm watering at 6.5 every watering/fert...should I measure run off pH? I have the Hanna meter. Wondering how the ingredients already in the soil will affect pH? Any help appreciated Thanks

Roots b2 soil and ph
lemons

lemons

if you're in the ballpark of 6.5 you should be good, the lime acts as a buffer to protect against ph swings is all.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've been adding dolomite lime to every bag of soil just to help buffer ph if needed. You should be fine.

Wisher619

Wisher619

if you are using minera based nutrients I would feed at 5.9ph
that is what I use for both promix and sunshine #4 and it has always worked really well
specifically sincethose 2 manufacturers states as much
but for some reason people always feed at higher ph...never understood that

jewsh808

jewsh808

OK will have to try that on a few plants...I just picked up some Procision Advantage from Aurora...their Version of pro mix basically its coarse peat moss and perlite only 2 ingred listed

jewsh808

jewsh808

if you are using minera based nutrients I would feed at 5.9ph
that is what I use for both promix and sunshine #4 and it has always worked really well
specifically sincethose 2 manufacturers states as much
but for some reason people always feed at higher ph...never understood that
Also I always read that Magnesium is mostly available at 6.5 ? Or small ranges are acceptable

Wisher619

Wisher619

Also I always read that Magnesium is mostly available at 6.5 ? Or small ranges are acceptable
magnesium is available from 4.5-10ph
if we are talking in ground soil then 6.5 maybe
but the bag shit is mostly inert....even if amended....it is basically a hydroponic media.....
so I have always treated baged media as such and have always had great results
of course there are some bagged media that are hot and contain readily available nutrients to the plant...but will become expensed in short order
...specifically when container gardening
but from my experience bagged media such as this Coco/Peat blend should be treated as hydro....fed between 5.8-6.2ph for best results
IMO

jewsh808

jewsh808

Thanks for the info...have grown in peat,perlite mixes before?

Wisher619

Wisher619

Thanks for the info...have grown in peat,perlite mixes before?
yes
I didnt start growing in coco till about 5 years ago
all my container gardening had been with peat/perlite mixes
from roots organic to premeir tech pro-mix and everything in between
I even feed my container Oranges with 5.9ph mineral nutrients
grown in that recipe 420 mix

Top Bottom