Roots Excelurator - Aero Cloner

• Thread starter robeartobrenton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

robeartobrenton

I am running a few new cuts of OG in my aero rail nft system..

Recycle Timer: on 30 seconds off 7 minutes
( shitty old recycle timer, these are the minimums )

Air Temp: 77f-81f
humidity: 60%
3 fans circulating air

14 gallons of water.
Nutrients: CLONEX 60ml
Water Temp ( +chiller ) : 70f
PH: 6.1

its been 13 days and they all still look visibly fine... other than... a few of the stems are purple...

and 4 of the collars had white stuff forming at the base... looked like some sort of fungus/mould...

i replaced the collars that had this and wiped the white from the top of the stem ( above the collar ).

- the ones with the white forming on them, looked significantly worse, leaves were wrinkling a bit and browning on the edges....

the rest of the clones look great... other than the fact that they have not rooted.... -

-----

so i started doing some reading and found a lot of poeple having great success with roots excelurator... - after adding 11ml to my 14gal rez... i realized i should probably not be using this stuff at all until i have roots...

it says it puts a protective film on the plants... will this film stop roots from growing if it doenst already have them? - after reading a bit more bullshit i found a few people saying NOT to use it until you HAVE roots.... but then i also read a bunch of people saying they DIP the stems in this shit before they root... so what the fuck...

should i do a rez change and get the roots excelurator out of my rez until i have roots or will it not hurt anything? need an answer quick if i can get one :(:love0018:

R

robeartobrenton

i just went ahead and plugged the pump directly into the wall, so its not on a recycle timer any more... - since i have the chiller im guessing i can do this

L

luvinlife

I plugged some rips a few weeks ago did one tray dipping cuts in clonex gel then watering them with RO water and roots excel and a tray just puttin the rips right in dirt no dipping and just watering with straight roots excel the plain roots excel tray had roots pokin out in 9 days and the tray with em dipped in clonex took 10/11 days...I was suprised...on top of that I had a couple rips left over in cups with straight roots excel water and they got roots the fastest.....6 days. I got a bottle of roots excel like a month ago and am very impressed

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I have had great sucess with my turbo cloner First dip your clones in cloning gel (Gel works best for turbo cloners) the first 5 days tap water with a cap full of seaweed, After the 5th day I add Roots Excelerator and by the 7th day I have Roots galore, After Day 9 to 11 days I add sensi A + B AT 700 PPM I am running 2 Turbo cloner 145 and have 99 % sucess rate I never let my water temp rise above 72 deg.PS. I will never grow with out Roots Excelerator...JACK

L

luvinlife

I think youll be fine roberto, if anything add like 5 ml more of r.e., it cant hurt. maybe slow the fans down or even turn em off for a bit, if your lookin for roots first growth second. how are they lookin today?

R

robeartobrenton

today, out of 21 cuts, 6 have roots, i had to discard a few because of the funugs.. i was thinking the funugs was comming beacuse of not enough air circulation.... and maybe heat??? maybe its something else... i hope not anything else.. i have been fuckinG STERILE with my shit man, 35% peroxcide to clean EVERYTHING. - my only problem,, is my house AC is fucking olddddd, and im sure theres black mold all up in the ac unit... which is what im thinking is causing the mold.... anything i can do to fix that?

its like a bit of white fungus that starts developing around the bottom of the stem near the colar.. and slowly creeps its way up the plant... the stems begin to turn a bit brown, but some of them are still rooting... im just blown the fuck away i dont know what to do,
my mothers, in the same room, are doing just fine.... and dont visibly have the problem that the cuts are having

R

robeartobrenton

i keep wiping the fungus off of the colar and plants when i see it and am able to, i have tried replacing colars with newly sterile ones, shit is just defeating me

J

justincredible

I usually use root excelurator about 7 days in and see the roots explode so it is o k to use before you get roots. Chances are,since it is a combo beneficial bacteria product, it will also clear up that mold problem. good luck....

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

is it stem rot?is it mildeu? brown white or black?
sulfur burner will take care of most of these if you got a spare penny laying around

M

Mmmmasonite

Yeah and Roots Excel will clear up any bad bacteria in the roots....use this stuff and you are sure to have beautiful roots...Peace

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I think that the white you are referring to is that salt build up looking stuff. It gives your stem the look of dampening off. Shit it just might be dampening off. If it's the salt build up maybe it's your H2O? From what I understand Cal can build up fast in aerocloners. My EZ is giving my shite right now. I should be putting rooted clones into my room today and I don't have frickin roots. Haven't had this issue till I started using the EZ. My knockoff EZ worked awesome but leaked way too much. Got a good deal on the EZ and I have been fighting it ever since. I'm looking into using some Power Clone, and some Roots Excelurator. I don't have a chiller so I use a cycle timer to keep the temps down, and if needed I toss in some frozen water bottles. Is it worth dropping the funds on a chiller for a frickin cloner?? I'm about to go try Rapid Rooters. Thougths?

Cheers,
Crom

M

Mmmmasonite

I think that the white you are referring to is that salt build up looking stuff. It gives your stem the look of dampening off. Shit it just might be dampening off. If it's the salt build up maybe it's your H2O? From what I understand Cal can build up fast in aerocloners. My EZ is giving my shite right now. I should be putting rooted clones into my room today and I don't have frickin roots. Haven't had this issue till I started using the EZ. My knockoff EZ worked awesome but leaked way too much. Got a good deal on the EZ and I have been fighting it ever since. I'm looking into using some Power Clone, and some Roots Excelurator. I don't have a chiller so I use a cycle timer to keep the temps down, and if needed I toss in some frozen water bottles. Is it worth dropping the funds on a chiller for a frickin cloner?? I'm about to go try Rapid Rooters. Thougths?

Cheers,
Crom

Tell you what man....I always use the rapid rooter/old skool clone dome method....I usually get 100%....Cloners, in my opinion, are only needed if you don't have time to check the babies daily...Otherwise...kinda problematic....I don't even ph my r/o water....Just make sure there is enough water to fill the little gullies at the bottom of the tray and leave em alone....Adding root excel to the water about 7 days in really helps them pop....Peace

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Tell you what man....I always use the rapid rooter/old skool clone dome method....I usually get 100%....Cloners, in my opinion, are only needed if you don't have time to check the babies daily...Otherwise...kinda problematic....I don't even ph my r/o water....Just make sure there is enough water to fill the little gullies at the bottom of the tray and leave em alone....Adding root excel to the water about 7 days in really helps them pop....Peace

Nice thanks for the help/info!

Cheers,
Crom

Top Bottom