Roots Excelurator & Mycorrhizae

• Thread starter ogwon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ogwon

I have always used House and Garden roots excelurator during veg and first 2 weeks of bloom. Love the stuff. I want to incorporate some mycorrhizae, specifically Orca, (same company that makes great white, just liquid form). However, Ive heard you cant use both at same time. The RE will kill the bacteria in the Orca. Is this true? Should I just use RE during veg, then Orca through bloom?

soserthc1

soserthc1

I have always used House and Garden roots excelurator during veg and first 2 weeks of bloom. Love the stuff. I want to incorporate some mycorrhizae, specifically Orca, (same company that makes great white, just liquid form). However, Ive heard you cant use both at same time. The RE will kill the bacteria in the Orca. Is this true? Should I just use RE during veg, then Orca through bloom?

H&G is not organic so my thinking is it will hurt/kill your micro life from what i have gathered thou the h&g root excul is good stuff its insanely priced to boot,

imho you go either all organic or not ....
best of luck
peace SoSerThC1

mushface

mushface

Ive used greatwhite & orca. Orca was a waste of $$. Orca can't compete with greatwhite imo. I cant comment on H&G product because i have never used it.

shawnskush

shawnskush

Roots excel will most definitely destroy your entire micro-life colony so DO NOT use them together it totally defeats the purpose of both products...

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

You wanna blow your roots out really good? Give em some OGBIOWAR! Ditch the Orca...that stuff is totally watered down and probably has a 1/4 of what a treatment with Nute pack would give ya. While Roots Excel is a good product....I have found that I don't need it now that I feed them weekly teas with caps bene's.

buddahslave

buddahslave

I mix roots excel with orca all the time especially with the clones the results are massive. Why would the roots excel kill the bacteria? I also use roots excel with voodoo juice with even better results. I don't really know whats in the roots excel but I know it works. Should I be using them at separate times or what?

O

ogwon

I mix roots excel with orca all the time especially with the clones the results are massive. Why would the roots excel kill the bacteria? I also use roots excel with voodoo juice with even better results. I don't really know whats in the roots excel but I know it works. Should I be using them at separate times or what?

The guy at my hydro shop said that roots exelurator will steralize the beneficial bacteria in orca. He suggessted using the RE in veg then Orca through out bloom cycle. What is in voodoo juice, I know its pretty expensive?

buddahslave

buddahslave

The guy at my hydro shop said that roots exelurator will steralize the beneficial bacteria in orca. He suggessted using the RE in veg then Orca through out bloom cycle. What is in voodoo juice, I know its pretty expensive?
That guy is full of shit! I called house and gardens 855-464-4769 and spoke with teck support Matt and he said that its a primary hormone root stimulator, but it has beneficial bacteria in it. He said it will not kill any beneficials at all. He also said that is why you can't use it with hydrogen peroxide. I use it all the time with orca for years with no problem thats why I was so shocked. You can call H&G to verify what I'm saying. Hope this helps:cigar:

O

ogwon

Hmmmmm.... You got the info straight from House & garden direct? I would think they would advertise that pretty hard if it were true..

O

ogwon

do you like voodoo juice over Orca?

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I use mycos and azos. switched from all AN. Soon switching to caps stuff really wish there was a retail location to pick that stuff up lol.

I also use excelurator, it would be nice to have a conclusive answer to this as I was also under the impression it would work with my bennies

buddahslave

buddahslave

do you like voodoo juice over Orca?
I like voodoo juice way better when it comes to clones. It combined with RE speeds up cloning not like nothing I have ever seen, the roots start coming out the top of the rockwools. But for maintenance orca gets the job done at minimum cost. Once the roots are inoculated thats all you need. I am going to test out Aquashield I here it's the exact same formula as voodoo juice just 1/4 the ticket price. Don't really know if it will work as good, because i've been told as much about other things and Advanced Nutrients has been just so much better:cigar:

buddahslave

buddahslave

Hmmmmm.... You got the info straight from House & garden direct? I would think they would advertise that pretty hard if it were true..
Call them up they answer on the first ring, it blew my mind! The techs are real talkative

buddahslave

buddahslave

I use mycos and azos. switched from all AN. Soon switching to caps stuff really wish there was a retail location to pick that stuff up lol.

I also use excelurator, it would be nice to have a conclusive answer to this as I was also under the impression it would work with my bennies
What did you use to replace Big Bud and Overdrive with?

P

Pimples

I dont know a alot about liquid mycos in a bottle...but i do know that Orca brand is mostly dead by the time you buy it. Stick to granulars. They activate once they hit roots. The liquid stuff is watered down and mostly dead by tue time you buy it. Hard to keep a long shepf life with any live mycos or enzymes in liquid form. Caps bennies ogbiowar are the best by far. Orca is a rip. And advanced tarantula and piranha crap is WAY overpriced.

Top Bottom