-RDWC
-480 Watt light
-4x4 tent
-General Hydroponics 3 part Grow/Micro/Bloom
-CalMag, H²O² and Hygrozyme
-Day 33 from sprout
-PH dialed in 5.8-5.9 always
-2 Lambs Breath Auto (back 2) and 2 Angel OG Auto(front 2) at about 400 ppm
-1 Super OG Kush photo (middle plant) at about 600 ppm.
-Room at 75F/70%

Roots not breaking water line

Roots not breaking water line 6

Roots not breaking water line 2

Roots not breaking water line 7

Roots not breaking water line 3

Roots not breaking water line 8

Roots not breaking water line 13

This is the only plamt that seems to have an issue
Roots not breaking water line 5

Roots not breaking water line 11

Never happened on any other grows with pretty much same setup.

Roots not breaking water line 4
Roots not breaking water line 9
Roots not breaking water line 10
Roots not breaking water line 12
Choppr

Choppr

Root Pruning? Seems they can handle the splash, not the Water.? I dont run Sterile, I have never seen this - so I'm just Guessing. the other plants seem fine? (hygrozyme/peroxide concentrations) ? (pretty much the same setup?) sorry I cant be more help, maybe @Aquaman

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
That’s wild. 🧐

Choppr

Choppr

Root Pruning? Seems they can handle the splash, not the Water.? I dont run Sterile, I have never seen this - so I'm just Guessing. the other plants seem fine? (hygrozyme/peroxide concentrations) ? (pretty much the same setup?) sorry I cant be more help, maybe @Aquaman
I guess @Aquaman has been banned from the Site? WTH?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
This is amazing. The plants seem healthy, but the roots don't like the water. There must be something about the water that the roots don't like. My first guess is that gas in the water is causing them to self-prune. My second guess is that the pH might be too low or too high. Whatever it is, it must be in the water.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
This is amazing. The plants seem healthy, but the roots don't like the water. There must be something about the water that the roots don't like. My first guess is that gas in the water is causing them to self-prune. My second guess is that the pH might be too low or too high. Whatever it is, it must be in the water.
THE FLOOR IS LAVA🔥🔥🔥

Lebnator

Lebnator

-By same setup I meant I've had a couple "successful" harvests without changing anything.
-I usually run 2 ml/L of hygrozyme, but I actually havnt added it to this res cause I wait til roots are in water
-maybe a little heavy on the H²O²...? @ 1ml/L...?
-the "wierd" plant had been "weird" since seedling...don't think it related to root issue.
-can to much surface agitation be a factor? I've got lots of bubbles and a waterfall in each bucket.....

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Too much messing around.

There's a reason I run single buckets and take care of them individually...

That reason being??? If one plant is screwed, it doesn't take out the entire system with all my other plants.

For Pete's sake, it's only 5 buckets. It's not like you have a giant 80 plant system.....

Use one bucket as your water/work transfer bucket, mix your water IN that bucket.... Pour bucket into water can(so you don't have to lift the entire 5 gallon bucket of nutes and break your back).... then fill the grow buckets up to the water line.

I treat them pretty much like auto-pots. Lose all of the complication and just grow weed, it's not that hard nor does it have to be rocket surgery.

Rinse and repeat 4 more times. With 5 plants, my watering takes me less than 15 minutes.

Heck you can even break it down to just taking care of one plant a day....

Choppr

Choppr

-By same setup I meant I've had a couple "successful" harvests without changing anything.
-I usually run 2 ml/L of hygrozyme, but I actually havnt added it to this res cause I wait til roots are in water
-maybe a little heavy on the H²O²...? @ 1ml/L...?
-the "wierd" plant had been "weird" since seedling...don't think it related to root issue.
-can to much surface agitation be a factor? I've got lots of bubbles and a waterfall in each bucket.....
Yeah, that was my initial thought, sometimes a plant just aint happy / or has poor Vigor, yes in theory if roots dont have to search for food/water there's no need to go further, Ive just never seen where it looks like you used a hedge clipper on them, I have always had roots/ filling the bucket/hence the term "deep water culture".... "I know a heavy splash can water log the roots in the airspace, but then your plants would show Puffy Ribbed Leaves", your plants aren't, so it made me think something in the water that is pruning them, or causing them to go no further - again, I dont run sterile (no zymes, no bleach's, no peroxides) I would do a water change and lower your Zyme/Peroxides concentrations - I use Southern Ag Fungicide, MC Nutrients, and Botanicaire Cal/Mag Plus, small amount Kelp Meal. - (Temps reach 75F+ by the end of every light Cycle) no chillers/no issues/full, clean, root ball! much luck.

Lebnator

Lebnator

Too much messing around.

There's a reason I run single buckets and take care of them individually...

That reason being??? If one plant is screwed, it doesn't take out the entire system with all my other plants.

For Pete's sake, it's only 5 buckets. It's not like you have a giant 80 plant system.....

Use one bucket as your water/work transfer bucket, mix your water IN that bucket.... Pour bucket into water can(so you don't have to lift the entire 5 gallon bucket of nutes and break your back).... then fill the grow buckets up to the water line.

I treat them pretty much like auto-pots. Lose all of the complication and just grow weed, it's not that hard nor does it have to be rocket surgery.

Rinse and repeat 4 more times. With 5 plants, my watering takes me less than 15 minutes.

Heck you can even break it down to just taking care of one plant a day....
I run single buckets in my veg area. The flower tent is 4 with a res bucket outside of tent. That's the only bucket I "take care of" . It takes 20 min, once a week...80litres.
The tent has got some autos going now and started the seeds in the buckets. I've got top feed for seedlings and a different light.
That 5th bucket in middle s a photo which is gonna be momma to next batch when autos are done. It coming out of tent and into veg area soon.
I never worry about one plant "takin out all the rest" ....if one sucks, I compost it. There is always one ready to go in its place.

Lebnator

Lebnator

I run single buckets in my veg area. The flower tent is 4 with a res bucket outside of tent. That's the only bucket I "take care of" . It takes 20 min, once a week...80litres.
The tent has got some autos going now and started the seeds in the buckets. I've got top feed for seedlings and a different light.
That 5th bucket in middle s a photo which is gonna be momma to next batch when autos are done. It coming out of tent and into veg area soon.
I never worry about one plant "takin out all the rest" ....if one sucks, I compost it. There is always one ready to go in its place.
Usually my root ball fills the bucket....this is from last run....
20230227 152700

Peanut butter breath.
10 weeks of flower
20230419 190352
2023 04 17 18 58 14 779

Top Bottom