Roots Organic Chicken Shit or Cow Shit?

• Thread starter hiheelz ngarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiheelz ngarden

hiheelz ngarden

Hello All!!

I have a few questions about SHIT!!!

I am going with the Roots Organic Soil Mix.
But I just found out that Roots just changed there SHIT!!
They switched from Cow Shit to Chicken Shit.
Plus the price just went up!!
So I have the option of getting the Cow Shit one or the Chicken Shit one.
Which one should I pick??????
And what is the difference in the Shit?

HELP!!!

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
At least it all smells the same lol... Ok I know, I am no help!

PS... Do you really garden is heels? if so DAMN! You have skills and that's hot lol...

hiheelz ngarden

hiheelz ngarden

I know it is HOT!
But what about the chicken shit???

socalval

socalval

I would go with the chicken poop . I mix my own soil and i use a 1.5 bag of garden and bloome 5-1-1 chicken poop . The N is great for veg its nice and woody . So IMO go with the chicken ,but i think you would be happier with Happy Frog .

vaporedout

vaporedout

i think its bull shit...... haha nah, i had issue with that soil, mine had bugs in it, chicken always ran hot on me, go foxfarm ocean forrest, love them

Big Sky

Big Sky

the cow is compost and most nutrients will be gone after 3 months of growing anyway-
water has to break it down as well as micro over time-
acts more time release-
the chicken is going to be hotter than the cow as chicken shit is water soluble and breaks down much much faster- instant delivery-
i'd get the chicken since it delivers nutrients much faster to the root zone getting the micros kickin quicker to- id also cut it with a bag of Fox farm light warrior- that should knock some of the hot right out- id mix bag for bag equal parts- should double your soil and give you a fantastic mix-
cheers

hiheelz ngarden

hiheelz ngarden

the cow is compost and most nutrients will be gone after 3 months of growing anyway-
water has to break it down as well as micro over time-
acts more time release-
the chicken is going to be hotter than the cow as chicken shit is water soluble and breaks down much much faster- instant delivery-
i'd get the chicken since it delivers nutrients much faster to the root zone getting the micros kickin quicker to- id also cut it with a bag of Fox farm light warrior- that should knock some of the hot right out- id mix bag for bag equal parts- should double your soil and give you a fantastic mix-
cheers

Thank you for sharing your knowledge big sky!

I did go for the chicken manure one. Added some oyster shell, glacier rock dust and some humic acid! I also did a test light of a quarter bag on amazon bloom with a whole bag of roots! :)

hiheelz ngarden

hiheelz ngarden

I would go with the chicken poop . I mix my own soil and i use a 1.5 bag of garden and bloome 5-1-1 chicken poop . The N is great for veg its nice and woody . So IMO go with the chicken ,but i think you would be happier with Happy Frog .

I haven't used happy frog in forever! You like them a lot? I don't know many people that use it. I will try a tester of it!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
:party0036: I can only imagine what crunching on a piece of perlite with heels on must sound like...lol
Always was a pet peeve of mine, crunching on perlite with shoes...but heels I guess do have less surface area, :giggle

B

Bluenote

I haven't used happy frog in forever! You like them a lot? I don't know many people that use it. I will try a tester of it!

Mixed pallet at a time 18 HF ,12 Ocean Forest and 6 Light Warrior for seedlings/clones.......if I could get the Pro Mix I like I'd probably be using it but have had better results with the HF etc than with Amazon Bloom. Folks can say what they wish but HF works just fine , even with nothing but chunky perlite or sterilised small chunk lava added.

Another that I have had very nice results with is Botanicare's aeration formula but it's hard to find here in quantity.

S

Schwoop

Chicken/Poultry Manure is amazing stuff if the ratio is done properly. Whats the new price of Roots?

hiheelz ngarden

hiheelz ngarden

$11 a bag! I think it was $9 before the first of the year.

B

Bluenote

:party0036: I can only imagine what crunching on a piece of perlite with heels on must sound like...lol
Always was a pet peeve of mine, crunching on perlite with shoes...but heels I guess do have less surface area, :giggle

Better than stepping on big-n-chunky perlite barefoot let me tell you that.

Top Bottom