Roots Organic Coco Chips

• Thread starter Donkdbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Donkdbz

They also have birds nest coco

I got a sample block of each. pretty good drainage.

anyone try growing with straight chips?
pro/cons?
wondering if the chips compact after a months of 2

at 12 bucks a block (2 cubic feet) looking like a nice choice since I am sick of mixing big and chunky perlite with my coco

datDANK

datDANK

botanicares 5kg bale is the best of the best and happens the be the cheapest.. it smells super clean

true grit

true grit

Yeah I saw both these and their coco at the store. Both looked good but they had no pricing for me. I could see using both as I don't use perlite anymore but could always use a lil more air in the beds.

D

Donkdbz

The bonaticare 5kg bales are no where nears as chunky as the chips

just soaked in some Ro and tested runoff 7.06ph and 150ppm @ 500 scale

dankworth

dankworth

What do you all think of chow mix? Let's say 2/3 clay pellets. Should I maybe stay away from chips for the coco? Maybe a mix of the pith and chips? Maybe 1/2 clay, 1/4 pith, 1/4 chips?
Anecdotal info would be great. Thanks guys. Getting away from perlite myself.

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

just piked up the 5 kg of botanicare yesterday and im feeling it.. the part i hate is that u got to break it up yo self... i swear i felt like i was breaking up brik weed from tijuana. the pros about it that i likeed its clean ass fuck not chance for animals on em after sprinkling them with a lil dynatancious earth and a lil bit a perlite and bammmmmo! ur ready to rock and roll.. and i belive the 5 kg bloks equals out to about 65 liter worth of coco hope this helps + 3 gals of r o water

N

nzlife

I've used the chips outdoor just on the surface as a mulch and for mixing in the top layers. We are talking a 6' wide mesh pot in 90+ degrees weather. It helps keep the drainage flowing for months, with little cultivating, and plenty of happy chunkiness. Hope that helps!

D

Donkdbz

I did some side by sides the day I originally posted with some butter lettace. the chips/hydroton was larger then straight hydroton or DE but a tad smaller then the normal coco/hydroton

I got another experament going with some basil
DE/coco vs Hydroton/coco. Sadly I forgot to setup Perlite/Coco

Latest posts

Top Bottom