Roots Organic, do i NEED to folair feed?

• Thread starter 918_HardHead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
918_HardHead

918_HardHead

Hello all, joined here awhile back and forgot, 😁😁.
I'm using Roots Organic products atm, on a auto run, and it's going well. My question is for my next photo run.. So I have Buddha Grow, Bloom and Trinity. I've added Surge and HPK & Hp2. Also using Roots Organic Original soil,with worm castings added. I THINK I wanna add Amino Aide, Soul Lbs.(already have it) I'm wanting to replace Extreme Serene with a kelp(NPK brand, lil cheaper) and something to replace Ancient Amber(nitrogen, I believe). As for the dry amendments, I would like to use Terp Tea Bloom Booster, Essential Earth, and prolly Elemental, for the hell of it. Along with those, I'd add Recharge, since I have that and TPS Signal (love that shit!). Would this be enough for a really good photo harvest (mostly Indica's)? Is the foliar feed part of the schedule NEEDED? I really don't wanna do that..

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Personally, I think the roots liquid line is a little on the ridiculous side — WAY too many bottles of stuff.

1. No, you don't need to foliar feed.
2. Ancient Amber is their micronutrient product, not a nitrogen product. Surge is one of several products that contain N.

I don't know if it's necessary to use their dry nutrients AND their line of bottled nutrients.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Personally, I think the roots liquid line is a little on the ridiculous side — WAY too many bottles of stuff.

2. Ancient Amber is their micronutrient product, not a nitrogen product. Surge is one of several products that contain N.

I don't know if it's necessary to use their dry nutrients AND their line of bottled nutrients.
Use one or the other but not all. The exception would be calmag but only if you're having trouble.

I use Roots Organic Terp Teas line. It's a dry organic amendment. I have a bottle of surge. It's rarely used. It's essentially the same as their blue bag "Microbe Charge" only in liquid form. Roots Organic has several different lines. Their liquid line and then they have 2 dry amendment lines. I don't believe it's intended to be mixed and matched. There's a lot of duplication if you do.

Edit: I water the soil, not the plant. I know many others who folliar feed, but I'm not one of them.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Use one or the other but not all. The exception would be calmag but only if you're having trouble.

I use Roots Organic Terp Teas line. It's a dry organic amendment. I have a bottle of surge. It's rarely used. It's essentially the same as their blue bag "Microbe Charge" only in liquid form. Roots Organic has several different lines. Their liquid line and then they have 2 dry amendment lines. I don't believe it's intended to be mixed and matched. There's a lot of duplication if you do.

Edit: I water the soil, not the plant. I know many others who folliar feed, but I'm not one of them.
I never foliar feed unless something is wrong with soil pH and I have a micronutrient deficiency.

918_HardHead

918_HardHead

Well, here is what Aurora says about it...
DERIVED FROM
Soybean Fermentation Extract And Nettle Extract

Roots Organics Ancient Amber is a highly-soluble and distinctly active Natural nitrogen source extracted from nettle, a nutrient-rich perennial plant used by humans Since Ancient times, and from a non-GMO soybean meal.

918_HardHead

918_HardHead

Thanks everyone for your time and replies..Im happy I won't have to use everything and won't have to foliar feed.. 😊 I think I have a couple more things I'm gonna add for the photos, and that will be it..

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks everyone for your time and replies..Im happy I won't have to use everything and won't have to foliar feed.. 😊 I think I have a couple more things I'm gonna add for the photos, and that will be it..
Frequently, less is more so I think your heading down the right path not feeling like you have to use every product in their lineup.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Well, here is what Aurora says about it...
DERIVED FROM
Soybean Fermentation Extract And Nettle Extract

Roots Organics Ancient Amber is a highly-soluble and distinctly active Natural nitrogen source extracted from nettle, a nutrient-rich perennial plant used by humans Since Ancient times, and from a non-GMO soybean meal.
Nettle is loaded with micronutrients. Its analysis is 0.1 - 0 - 0.01. Almost every other product has more nitrogen, in spite of them yakking about this being a nitrogen product.

918_HardHead

918_HardHead

I decided to keep using the NPK Raw products, I did get some Roots Organic Cal-Mag but it seems to be really slow on the uptake, so I used my NPK Calmag this time.. I've added Uprising Foundation and, I'm gonna give the Terp Tea Bloom Booster as well.. Gonna add some worms castings as a top dress since I've just flipped to Flower.. Humboldt Seed Co OG Kush in front, Dutch Passion Bubba Island Kush in back..

20230430 200945
B

blaisdelldavid

since we talking about roots organics here. i have some questions as well. i am using that lush line of dirt with budda grow for my vegging plants and I'm using budda grow,(just that cpl weeks) budda bloom, terp tea bloom boost and trinity should i use anything else? i just want my plants to have best chance in life. thought about getting the shark line as well but figured my plants just about to start week 7 (day 41 today) that it was too late to use that

B

blaisdelldavid

since we talking about roots organics here. i have some questions as well. i am using that lush line of dirt with budda grow for my vegging plants and I'm using budda grow,(just that cpl weeks) budda bloom, terp tea bloom boost and trinity should i use anything else? i just want my plants to have best chance in life. thought about getting the shark line as well but figured my plants just about to start week 7 (day 41 today) that it was too late to use that
these are my plants the white picture is more recent

Screenshot 20240129 214240 Wyze
IMG 20240123 183654
Top Bottom