Roots Organics Greenlite?

• Thread starter ogplatinum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Looks like Roots Organic came out with some new soil...Heres a lil description..

Roots Organics Green Lite growing mix was created as an aggressively free draining indoor and outdoor potting mix. Experienced gardeners know that a perfect indoor mix is very different than the perfect outdoor mix. Green Lite is designed with more perlite and pumice to give you enhanced drainage and greater oxygen in the root zone, and with specific ingredients for versatile container gardening. This mix has been extensively tested and you will see the results of our efforts in designing this excellent high porosity blend in your garden. Roots Organics Green Lite is calculated to give you control and accelerate your garden for vigorous plants and root systems.
AVAILABLE IN A 1.5 CUBIC FOOT BAG

Probably going to switch to this stuff next round, diggin the RO Organic standard soil but wish it had a lil more perlite so it'd dry out faster, more frequent feeding..

Everyones thoughts???

They also have seemed to just came out with some Seabird guano extract....Same page as linked.

S

snkrhd23

Ive been cutting my RO soil with AS#4. any where from 1/3 RO and 2/3 AS#4 for seedlings. to the opposite ratio for flowering. seems to be working well plus i like the control.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Ive been cutting my RO soil with AS#4. any where from 1/3 RO and 2/3 AS#4 for seedlings. to the opposite ratio for flowering. seems to be working well plus i like the control.

Word, that sounds legit enough, I think next round ill sitch to the Roots Organics soillesss mix, which has more perlite, equals more control with watering times...But I love soil, its hard to think of growing cannabis in anytthing other than good 'ol soil!

this green lite might be my ideal choice! Or some regular roots organics soil, cut with some chunky perlite! that sounds legit to me!

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Check out some of Waayne's threads. He has a nice soil mix that im using w/ success so far. Roots Organic, Black Gold, perlite, peat, and some lime. Pretty simple

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Check out some of Waayne's threads. He has a nice soil mix that im using w/ success so far. Roots Organic, Black Gold, perlite, peat, and some lime. Pretty simple

Thanks man, appreciated. Trying to find the best "out of the bag" mix. Just for simplicity reasons. But much appreciated! I'm checkin it out now!

G

GrimloxK

right now i'm doing zones of roots organics potting soil w/ azomite and dolomite lime and FF light warrior.

Be wary...sounds like just a marketing move to make them some more dough.

MediNice

MediNice

Here is the breakdown of Green Lite:
20% Coco
20% Peat
and the rest is perlite, pumice, bark and other organic amendments

I have been using Aurora Innovation's various soils for several years. After the most recent pallet, I am officially throwing down my hat with their mixes. The Green lite has burned about 2/3 of my several strain garden, consistently over the past year. I cannot safely put anything under an 18" plant into this soil without causing several micronutrient lockouts accompanied by nitrogen burn. Only the top feeding strains can handle this poorly blended mix. I usually lose about 2-3 weeks on my veg cycle waiting for my plants to recover.

Pros:
Light consistency aids drainage and oxygenation (treat like soilless while not letting medium dry out)
Strong nutrient charge for heavy feeding plants if you are not keen on fertilizing
Will not need to fertilize if you transplant when you are supposed to through veg

Cons:
Extremely low pH
Fungus gnats right out of the bag
Too hot of an improperly balanced nutrient charge
Bark gives splinters when handling the soil

Comparison to Roots Organics Potting soil:
It is lighter, with more perlite and pumice for better drainage. The Green Lite is not as hot as their extremely hot and extremely low ph'd Potting Soil.

This mix should be treated like a soilless with a DTW due to the low moisture holding capacity. It performs great if you can rid the fungus gnats and flush most of the pre-charged nutrients before you transplant.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

I've tried the Greenlight from Roots. It should be compared to soil-less mediums like ProMix rather than to organic soils. It's very light and drains very fast. You can almost expect to have to water every single day. At least I did most of the time. I found it to be a good product just not exactly what I was looking for. I prefer to grow in amended soil and only feed with top dressing and teas. This Greenlight mix required too much watering to be as effective with this method. YMMV.

henry

henry

sounds pretty good from the description, but a 1.5 cubic foot bag isn't exactly big. expensive??

companyrat

companyrat

Green Light is garbage...only the second time ive lost crops to hot soil, first time was Slacker 420 mix. Back to CoCo cuz losing 9-week plants on transplant sucks balls.

Top Bottom