Roots Organics or Earth Juice?!?!

• Thread starter endizm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I love the roots organic line. I used the 5ml master feeding schedule minus the extreme serene and added some calmag since I used ro water and yielded twice as much as I expected for my first time growing. yielded almost 2lbs (.8gpw) with no CO2 and shitty ventilation with no intake or outake or even a circulating fan and no AC. I live in a very old house that can't handle much electricity usage. Also your not required to PH which saved so much extra time.

This time I am switching out ancient amber for bioag humic acid and I was recommended to use Age Old kelp in place of the extreme serene. I am also using bloombastic instead of the hpk and hp2 and soul synthetics infinity instead of roots trinity because the infinity is pretty much trinity with some micro nutrients added.

I never thought about taking pics until it was too late unfortunately. The strain was some casey jones. I haven't used earth juice though so sorry I can't help out which is better.

Glad to hear the calmag+ works good in conjunction with the roots/aurora SS products. Just added it to my reg for flowering and to my mommies tailored nut reg.

Heres my version of the RO Master 5ml Program for bloom only, i do a tailored plan for veg.... My ladies seem to dig it.

5ml Buddha Grow
5ml Aurora Bloom
5ml Trinity
5ml CalMag+
5ml Aurora Big Swell
1.5ml Nitrozime
5ml Aurora Amino-Aide
Then add Aurora PeaK around week 4.5-5.5 depending on flowering situation, up until flush.

Works so far!

montanamike1

montanamike1

I grow in Roots Organic dirt using the Master 5 ml program including Uprising and Big Worm soil amendments- let me hit you with some pics here-
Diagnose 007
More Week 7 sourgrape
63 001

I could post a ton but I think this gets the point across- dense, frosty buds with lots of flavor. I've run the Soul Synthetics in coco side by side with Roots Organics in dirt, and while the Soul Synthetics plants grew more vigorously and had higher yields, the Roots Organics ladies tasted far sweeter and were more potent.
First Lady Pics 003
Week 7 007
Week 7 001

A few concerns about using organic soil and nutes together: very easy to burn. I highly recommend feeding only once a week max for the first two weeks after transplanting into your flowering container. The soil amendments in Uprising help ALOT with the Ph problems, and I use a 2-3 inch coco base and top-dress to protect the soil. My only complaints about the line are that I tend to get the leaf twisting associated with pH problems when using Roots Organics (no leaf twisting in the Soul SYnthetics) and some minor iron/zinc/magnesium deficiencies that don't see m to severely impact the quality of the final harvest. Organics won't always look pretty (unless your Kyle Kushman) because of the slow nature of organic nutrient consumption and the extended flushing periods, but it will always be worth it.

ogplatinum- why do you use nitrozyme instead of hygrozyme? Also, why do you use the PeaK instead of the HPK?

I have never used Earth Juice but I have heard good things- it was one of the first product lines that came out for serious growers over a dozen years ago, and I know a few old heads who still swear by the stuff.

MediNice

MediNice

This is a side by side of these two nutrients plus a few others.

I have ran the Roots Organics and have had lots of problems. Extremely low pH, needs micronutrient supplementation, and high salt content. You will have great flavor, but below average yields and probable lockouts unless you have a high runoff, ph adjust, and add something like Mineral Matrix. Granted, some strains will do fine, but until you have seen that strain on a remedied nutrient regimen or a different line, you won't know what is missing.

These results were on over 30 strains, and 2 years of Roots Organics use.

WeirdWentPro

WeirdWentPro

I used Earth Juice way back in the day with pretty good results for quality but it left something to be desired in the yield department. I ran Roots for a while a couple years ago and I liked it, good yields, good quality, but it seemed like I was always battling deficiencies to some degree, it required constant fiddling and struck me as being extremely inconsistent from batch to batch. Every time I restocked on nutes I'd have to adjust my feeding to keep everything in line, which is why I quit using it.

As far as bottled organics go, I highly recommend the General Organics line, Ive been using it for a yearish now with great results all the way around, very consistent, predictable and effective. The only caveat is that their feed chart needs to be adjusted for heavy flowering, Ive gotten to the point where Im running nearly double their recipe once the flowers start stacking.
BioBizz is another one I like much better than Roots, but get it while you can. No more US sales.

S

SweetOrganic

alright i am going to the shop on wednesday to purchase the full line of either "Roots Organics" or "earth juice".
if u have ever ran either of these NUTRIENT lines, it would be awesome if u could shed some light on the subject!
i have never seen a finished product so pics would be super helpful!

p.s. this is not about "Roots Organics" line of soil...
Earth Juice has 14 different lines of nutrients so its hard to compare to roots organics. I use Grow Bloom Catalyst Microblast Hi Brix and Rooters Innoculant from earth juice with their amazon bloom as a base soil/other stuff. As far as Ph issues with earth juice you can avoid them by going 3/4 strength and using it in tea form. (dont have to wait 48 hours) If you have a decent air pump and stone it stabilizes after about 5-8 hours. One amazing this about earth juice is that it contains almost no salt build up and plants drink it up without any problems if you go full strength or more as long as you correct ph last. Roots organic is a solid product but it gets shit on when you have Earth juice side by side in soil with 1000w's hand fed.

chronic68

chronic68

I used Earth Juice way back in the day with pretty good results for quality but it left something to be desired in the yield department. I ran Roots for a while a couple years ago and I liked it, good yields, good quality, but it seemed like I was always battling deficiencies to some degree, it required constant fiddling and struck me as being extremely inconsistent from batch to batch. Every time I restocked on nutes I'd have to adjust my feeding to keep everything in line, which is why I quit using it.

As far as bottled organics go, I highly recommend the General Organics line, Ive been using it for a yearish now with great results all the way around, very consistent, predictable and effective. The only caveat is that their feed chart needs to be adjusted for heavy flowering, Ive gotten to the point where Im running nearly double their recipe once the flowers start stacking.
BioBizz is another one I like much better than Roots, but get it while you can. No more US sales.
I would not reccomend general organics its a solid nute but is now owned by monsanto i dont like giving too much money to the devil

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I personally went with the EJ lineup (grow, bloom, catalyst, bloomin guano, meta k, God silica, oillycan, microblast, mychorizae, biozeus microbes) on my 1st grow (in my signature). If you want to see a day by day picture progression thread it is it.

I was very happy with it overall. The only times I ran into deficiencies was due to being my 1st time. The plants never burned from it.

The ph was adjusted automatically through bubbling for 24-48hrs or more. Would be about 7ph usually. That's ok though because the soil can buffer down the ph but not up.

The outcome of the finished product is great! Very pleased with it. My 2nd grow I will get the nutes better dialed in now that I've learned what to look for.
20160516 143447
20160516 141409
20160516 141041
20160516 141208
20160516 141254

20160516 142618
20160516 142630
20160516 142909

chronic68

chronic68

I personally went with the EJ lineup (grow, bloom, catalyst, bloomin guano, meta k, God silica, oillycan, microblast, mychorizae, biozeus microbes) on my 1st grow (in my signature). If you want to see a day by day picture progression thread it is it.

I was very happy with it overall. The only times I ran into deficiencies was due to being my 1st time. The plants never burned from it.

The ph was adjusted automatically through bubbling for 24-48hrs or more. Would be about 7ph usually. That's ok though because the soil can buffer down the ph but not up.

The outcome of the finished product is great! Very pleased with it. My 2nd grow I will get the nutes better dialed in now that I've learned what to look for.
View attachment 604831 View attachment 604830 View attachment 604827 View attachment 604828 View attachment 604829
View attachment 604832 View attachment 604833 View attachment 604834
What was the yield off that? Killer colas

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
What was the yield off that? Killer colas

It was 1.5 oz dried.
Maybe 1.75 but I smoked a little before weighing lol.

Since most of the weight was cola weight the quality was quite good.
I'm really digging the mainline training.

Since my tent is small. If I had 5 females instead of 1 I may have been around 6-7oz. I'm hoping more females show this round.

I'm hoping this round goes as good or better than that round was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom