Roots Organics Soil Experience w/ synthetics

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hey guys,

Just searching for some info about the ROOTS. I just did a serious overhaul from a cube hydro grow to beds of roots organics (couldn't help myself :)). Anyways, I plan on reusing the soil several times and i'm curious about what you guys are using to reamend your beds each round? I'm at about week 4 of my first run in this stuff, haven't fed once (aside from some MYCOS & Dolomite Lime) and it looks great so far. Plan on using Cutting Edge with various other additives when the plants tell me they're ready. What kind of feed schedule are you synthetic guys using and what general pH are you trying to maintain?

Figured I would add that I am on well water using the upgraded carbon filters in the TALL BOYS

Thanks,
GR33N

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i ran all roots 2 grow ago and it was some good stuff...still keep there nutes in house...the soil seemed to run out of goodies in mid flower..
im gonna make my first run of reused soil on my next run..i got hygrozyme to bring it back to life then i plan on reammeding ewc,pellatized limestone,gypsum,rock phosphate,kepl meal,alfalfa meal,d.e..and a couple differnt guanos...
and im no pro but you may not need them carbon blocks for your well water
edit...and i use organism also

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

i ran all roots 2 grow ago and it was some good stuff...still keep there nutes in house...the soil seemed to run out of goodies in mid flower..
im gonna make my first run of reused soil on my next run..i got hygrozyme to bring it back to life then i plan on reammeding ewc,pellatized limestone,gypsum,rock phosphate,kepl meal,alfalfa meal,d.e..and a couple differnt guanos...
and im no pro but you may not need them carbon blocks for your well water
edit...and i use organism also

You may be right about the carbon filters, I got them for an experiment at cost so threw 'em in, no REAL difference from the traditional membranes.

Hygrozyme and Bene's will definitely be the staple before each round - trying to decide if its worth starting with organics in the soil or running synthetics the whole way through.

This soil is 'soilless' and a coco/peat base im hoping their isnt any real difference from the FFOF bed i'm running at another spot.

Any recommendation on pH? I know the soil is buffered (especially after I added dolomite) but when that buffer fades...

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
You may be right about the carbon filters, I got them for an experiment at cost so threw 'em in, no REAL difference from the traditional membranes.

Hygrozyme and Bene's will definitely be the staple before each round - trying to decide if its worth starting with organics in the soil or running synthetics the whole way through.

This soil is 'soilless' and a coco/peat base im hoping their isnt any real difference from the FFOF bed i'm running at another spot.

Any recommendation on pH? I know the soil is buffered (especially after I added dolomite) but when that buffer fades...
once again im no pro, but dont you have to be carefull with syns and bennies?
missed the part of soilless...no exp with that line
i would say go organic and try some aact with that line
6.5 to 6.8

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Reusing soil is easier said than done! You need to let the root mass break down before re-amending and re-using and should have at least 30 days in between cycles to do so! Why use Roots if your just going to dump synthetics into it tho? Maybe you should just use some promix if that's the case. I use roots myself,and slightly amend it w/Ancient forest alaska humus soil w/a little added dolomite lime and use Dr.Earths Bud and bloom fertilizer layered in as well top dressing in conjunction w/guanos and AACT brews! Works great for me and is very cost effective as well!

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

once again im no pro, but dont you have to be carefull with syns and bennies?
missed the part of soilless...no exp with that line
i would say go organic and try some aact with that line
6.5 to 6.8

I'm fairly certain synthetics and beneficials will work together as long as no sterilizing agents are used.

Reusing soil is easier said than done! You need to let the root mass break down before re-amending and re-using and should have at least 30 days in between cycles to do so! Why use Roots if your just going to dump synthetics into it tho? Maybe you should just use some promix if that's the case. I use roots myself,and slightly amend it w/Ancient forest alaska humus soil w/a little added dolomite lime and use Dr.Earths Bud and bloom fertilizer layered in as well top dressing in conjunction w/guanos and AACT brews! Works great for me and is very cost effective as well!

I would like to avoid organic feeding because of the yield difference. I've never seen organics out yield synthetics and let's face it growing is just as much a hobby as it is making money. I've saved ALIENS organic feeding program and hope to one day apply that.
As far as waiting 30 days to reuse soil, do you know this for certain? I've currently been following two expert growers across the web, one is this guy:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/soil-sog-grower-needs-mentor-to-switch-to-hydro.25499/
Both gentleman use sunshine #4 and reuse their soil, time and time again. With proper flushing and an enzyme it should be good to go.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I'm fairly certain synthetics and beneficials will work together as long as no sterilizing agents are used.

You will have to regularly reapply the mycos and bacteria.

Have you considered using the Aurora Soul Synthetic nutrients? They were formulated to work with the Roots Organic products.

I would suggest waiting the 30 days to re-use your soil. I do not like using any amended soils sooner than 30 days after I add all the amendments. This allows the amendments to cook and begin to break down making for a friendly home for my plants.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

You will have to regularly reapply the mycos and bacteria.

Have you considered using the Aurora Soul Synthetic nutrients? They were formulated to work with the Roots Organic products.

I would suggest waiting the 30 days to re-use your soil. I do not like using any amended soils sooner than 30 days after I add all the amendments. This allows the amendments to cook and begin to break down making for a friendly home for my plants.

Thanks for the info, ill look into Soul Synthetics for sure. I don't plan on re-amending my soil, just going to apply bennies and dolomite/azomite for the next run. Obviously more nutes will be required but i'm no stranger to using heavy nutes coming from cubes.

C21H26O2

C21H26O2

Thanks for the info, ill look into Soul Synthetics for sure. I don't plan on re-amending my soil, just going to apply bennies and dolomite/azomite for the next run. Obviously more nutes will be required but i'm no stranger to using heavy nutes coming from cubes.

What Bennie are you running?

C21H26O2

C21H26O2

I'm currently using the soul line on FFOF / sunshine #4. After I mix my nutes I'm checking my ph and it's @ 4.6 wayyyyyy too acidic. Even with the buffer zone of the soil I'm thinking I need to ph up still? Thoughts, opinions?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I'm currently using the soul line on FFOF / sunshine #4. After I mix my nutes I'm checking my ph and it's @ 4.6 wayyyyyy too acidic. Even with the buffer zone of the soil I'm thinking I need to ph up still? Thoughts, opinions?
I use OG Biowar....

Yes, definitely pH up. This acidity is not good for your already established colony in the rhizosphere

Latest posts

Top Bottom