Rosin bag issue

• Thread starter StonedBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I bought a press and pressed a couple bags.
After pressing there is a lot of rosin on the bag itself afterwards. What do yall use to get that rosin off bag?

quirk

quirk

I had this happen and I put bag in my Nova, decarbed, placed in freezer with an ounce of Everclear, it dissolved out and I had some fine tinc and a clean bag.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Is there a trick to not having the problem in the first place?

kellogs7064

kellogs7064

2015 Rosin Bomb, hydraulic. Still going strong.
smart idea. i never thought of cutting it into smaller squares instead of folding it over on itself and having to deal with it in the creases

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Rosin bags give me all kinds of problems as well so I gave up trying to use them. Seems like everything got stuck in the bag when I tried using them with kief or flowers.
I thought maybe it's the size of my press, only 2"x4" plates, since all the bag squishers I've seen were much much bigger.
My press just seems to do it's best with parchment and prepressed bricks of flower squished between the plates so I stick to what works best for me.

I kinda figured maybe bags are best for doing kief in very large volumes and people get so much what they lose to the bag is just a drop in the bucket in the overall haul?

Tomn8r

Tomn8r

Hello to all! I'm in my second season of growing & just harvested some blue dream on 4/23. I have a Rosineer & have tried doing a sqeeze on just picked buds. Usually with milky/watery results! What is the optimal time to wait to do a press? I'm not going to do it all as i prefer edibles! Thanks!

20200429 162800
Moshmen

Moshmen

Lots of guys doit earlier but I prefer about s 2 week cure on my bud before I press

quirk

quirk

Hello to all! I'm in my second season of growing & just harvested some blue dream on 4/23. I have a Rosineer & have tried doing a sqeeze on just picked buds. Usually with milky/watery results! What is the optimal time to wait to do a press? I'm not going to do it all as i prefer edibles! Thanks!

5-7 day dry is my rule of thumb to avoid the pitfalls you experienced. Then for edibles or tincture, it's
into the Nova for decarb. I always press before decarb. Better yield, though I'm not entirely sure why.

DSCN1652 2
Koerta

Koerta

I bought a press and pressed a couple bags.
After pressing there is a lot of rosin on the bag itself afterwards. What do yall use to get that rosin off bag?
Acetone is king when removing cannabis extractions, just be sure to test some on the bubble bag first, as some plastics are destroyed by it.

FourthCity

FourthCity

You need to toss anything that looks like the buds in your picture. It is not safe to smoke moldy bud, concentrates made from moldy bud, or eat edibles made from moldy bud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom