Rosin from Bud or from Ice Hash ?

• Thread starter Riff Raff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Riff Raff

Riff Raff

Alright all, how you getting on ?

Got a box of bud here and normally would be getting my bags out to make some ice hash with it, but have just found Rosin and want to try make some myself.

So what is a good way forward, a beginner like me, to get a nice yield / decent quality rosin ?

Do I make ice hash from the flower, then when that is dry press that ? or do I press the bud straight into Rosin ? Other thing is, normally I only keep the 120 - 90 - 73 - 45 grade, but if I do bud to ice hash and then press that into Rosin, is it worth me keeping the 160 grade for a press as well ?

Do people generally collect the ice hash grades and then mix them and press the combined ice hash into Rosin / or do you do separate presses for different grades of your ice hash ? I have seen dry ice extraction videos so I know that is an 'all in one' grade that gets pressed but don't know if that is good for quality.

If somebody can set me on the right path, perhaps an existing thread that I need to read that explains is all I would be grateful.

Thanks RR

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I personally prefer either bud or dry seived hash.when u make it from bubble hash you lose a lot of the terps.what u got to press with?the lower the temp u use to press the more tastey the rosin will be so more pressure allows u to press at lower temps to preserve those terps.
I'm sure there's cats on here that are way more knowledgeable than me in the rosin department and extract department.

Riff Raff

Riff Raff

I do appreciate you telling me that about the presses, thanks, am looking at buying one. Lot of money for the decent looking branded ones but can see there are other cheaper options. Just got an enail for my rig and how much easier that is compared to a blow torch. Been using straighteners & coffee filters to press ice hash up till now.

Lots to learn :)

mancorn

mancorn

Cheap mans press is a curling iron. Just use some parchment and stick in a dried bud. Wouldn't work as well as a press, but you can go do it right now!

Have you tired just dropping your bud in your finest bag with dry ice and giving it a good shake over a glass table? It's sooooooo much easier then the water and ice method.

Riff Raff

Riff Raff

How true Mancorn. Straighteners probably laughed at with who a lot further along, but its what give me the scent of rosin, made up my mind to have a proper look at it.

Top Bottom