Rosin Or This Kit I Saw...

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yeah the flavor is still there. It’s a cleaner taste vs smoking it in a joint, bong or bowl. Similar to the taste you get from vaping but even a little cleaner than that yet. The smell isn’t as pronounced but still there. Btw I’m talking about making the rosin and then mixing it with PG to vape inside an ecig like device. If you smoked the rosin like a dab then it’s even more pronounced and more like smoking vs vaping.

Sorry if my statement above is a little confusing. I plan on selling the dulytek rosin presses here soon and will make some videos showing how it’s done. From bud to ecig juice in under 15 minutes.
no mate i got you.i am a dumb fuck but i understood for a change

gwheels

gwheels

I chopped this week. A few of the lowers had powdery mildew so i did an h202 wash on most of it except the perfect top buds. My dryer tent is full and i have a bunch of buds still. I am drying them in the garage with a fan and it is slow because it was higher rh. So I remembered the dulytech and pressed some too moist to smoke but close buds in the dulytec. IT is perfect to get the hang of it.

Wow I can not believe how good it tastes. Better than the shatter i ordered. Amazing white rhino floral fruity rosin. And way stronger than the rosin i ordered. And it is too soon for the buds to taste good in a doob they are green and damp. It wont smoke. I was out and then i though I will give it a shot.

I only need a couple of hits from my wax vape. I am glad i got the press and it is amazing that it is free from chemicals. Thanks for the advice.

I am going to dry it out a bit more and see if it presses more.

20181014 182850
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I chopped this week. A few of the lowers had powdery mildew so i did an h202 wash on most of it except the perfect top buds. My dryer tent is full and i have a bunch of buds still. I am drying them in the garage with a fan and it is slow because it was higher rh. So I remembered the dulytech and pressed some too moist to smoke but close buds in the dulytec. IT is perfect to get the hang of it.

Wow I can not believe how good it tastes. Better than the shatter i ordered. Amazing white rhino floral fruity rosin. And way stronger than the rosin i ordered. And it is too soon for the buds to taste good in a doob they are green and damp. It wont smoke. I was out and then i though I will give it a shot.

I only need a couple of hits from my wax vape. I am glad i got the press and it is amazing that it is free from chemicals. Thanks for the advice.

I am going to dry it out a bit more and see if it presses more.
Yikes..I tried to press some freshly JARRED flower and it was way to runny. Your method..(temps, time etc)?
I have found that I get the best presses from weed that has been cured for about 2-4 months at 62%Rh. return and quality are excellent (I sold my manual Dulytek and got the new Dulytek Electric 3 ton model..need to press a bunch of outdoor weed after I make it into fresh frozen bubble.)
I am in the process of building up a 10 ton shop press with some 3x6 Dulytek caged plates I will be testing for them later this week.
IMG 1406

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Remember you can get the dukyteks at thegrowingshop.com and they ship direct from the factory. Doing so will help me out ;-)

Use promo code: dulytek when checking out for a discount!

Last edited:
gwheels

gwheels

236 on both for 90 seconds. I will weigh it next time. For parchment paper the press came with one that was almost shiny and the one i got at the store isnt. What is that wazier one called? I like it better

And i put the parchment in the freezer in my garage. Then it was like taffy

gwheels

gwheels

I have run into a problem. My outdoor was harvested a bit too soon due to weather and i can not seem to press very much out of the dulytech.

I got some 99.5% alcohol and did a QWISO. I will do that with all remaining trim. It is a lot quicker. And the yield of golden oil was better than i have been doing with rosin.

I have an 8 x 8 and a 9 x 13 pyrex so i can put the small one on top for the alcohol and pour a kettle of boiling water in the bottom one. 4 or 5 full did it and i ended up with just over a gram of oil from about an oz of larf.

I have about 8 to 10 oz of larf and shit i dont want to trim. I will get a few quarts of the alcohol and just do that so i can throw it out and get room in the garage for the 2 cars. Winter is coming.

I might sell the rosin press. I will see after the indoor harvests how it presses.

Rosin tastes better but a quick wash is close to the same tasty

gwheels

gwheels

In 2-3 hrs..I will have already Rosin pressed an additional 10 grams of flower and probably dabbed most of it too..LOL

My real work begins next week..turning some of the summer crop into fresh frozen bubble hash..:p
View attachment 838160
It was all of the little tiny buds and crap. It wont press for shit. Rosin tastes way better no doubt about it. But the oil tastes just like hash.

It is too bad i didnt know someone that did a lot of rosin pressing so i could see how they do it. But i think it is quality of input. The white rhino outside did not have the trichs like the indoor i grew.

gwheels

gwheels

I run mine at 220 and press for 45 seconds each time. I can press the same material a good three times and then I save the puck to add them together and get even more rosin out. Granted it mixes strains that way but keeps it interesting.
how much do you put on the plates? flowers i mean. 7 grams or so?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

It was all of the little tiny buds and crap. It wont press for shit. Rosin tastes way better no doubt about it. But the oil tastes just like hash.

It is too bad i didnt know someone that did a lot of rosin pressing so i could see how they do it. But i think it is quality of input. The white rhino outside did not have the trichs like the indoor i grew.
I was kidding..I also press the small buds for more rosin..best use for them is butter though for me..Anyway you do it..as long as it works..enjoy!
(anyway people actually press a small nug (about enough for a rice sized dab) in a hair straightener and parchment paper. I was able to press a gram of flower using this diy 50 cent puck maker for the hair thing..Today, the presses I have can do up to an an ounce (the new 3x6 plates). The all electric press does up to 12 grams or so of flower (bags ..not loose flower).
Here is the old puck maker (.5" pvc sprinkler coupler and 2 nickles)
Puck Press
Puck   Copy

gwheels

gwheels

Do you need that puck holder? I just squeeze it between the two dulytech plates between parchment paper. I found the bags had more rosin in the mesh than i had squeeze out the sides. All a learning curve i am sure.

When i pressed green trim it did taste a lot better though. Like live rosin almost.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Do you need that puck holder? I just squeeze it between the two dulytech plates between parchment paper. I found the bags had more rosin in the mesh than i had squeeze out the sides. All a learning curve i am sure.

When i pressed green trim it did taste a lot better though. Like live rosin almost.
I like the puck maker (this is my 2x4 for the larger presses). It helps prevent blowouts with larger amounts of flower..Yes..lots of good rosin sticks to the bag (make sure to turn the bags inside out before pressing). purepressure.com has excellent videos on this subject and more too. (That's basically how I learned)..I rarely use a bag myself, and confine my presses to RELATIVELY small amounts per press.

You can certainly repress the bag and what's inside a second time..When pressing upcoming hash though..I will be using 37 micron bags (25's on hand too).

IMG 1372   Copy
IMG 1374   Copy
IMG 1375   Copy
IMG 1377   Copy

gwheels

gwheels

Do you press it while in that mould ? I will watch videos tonight it is amazing pure pressure has a lot of info.

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

did you buy that or make it ? I think that may help and turn the bags inside out holy shit of course that makes sense.
Make what? That press? That is the new press and plates (Dulytek 3x6" plates) that I am playing with. My main press is still the Dulytek 6000 electric model. The 2x4 pre-press works well in both (the 6000 has the 3x5 plates)
2nd shot is the 6000 electric press.
(I am testing the Plates for the manufacturer)
IMG 1427
Dulytek

gwheels

gwheels

Wow that would be easier :D but i will figure out the dulytech if it kills me. A jar of buds smells very hayish unless you bust it up fine. I think it will press out perfect (3oz of buds). I will research first and see if i can find that humdity pack i put someplace....and my wax pen...and my glasses.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

LOL..I lose my glasses when I dab too!

Your weed should NOT smell like hay after a proper dry (5-14 days) and cure (2 months for the best imo)

To re-hydrate weed without a Boveda..just soak a paper towel in water (distilled or RO is best)...Put it in the top of a Mason jar laid on its side for an hr or two..voila..re-hydrated weed..(don't let it touch the weed or stay to long..mold).I used to use a piece of lettuce in a mason Jar overnight for the same thing..

Top Bottom