Rosin pressing. Anyone have a chart?

• Thread starter Zunk99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zunk99

Zunk99

Hello all. I was wondering if there is a chart out there to use when pressing rosin and which Micron bag to use. Pressed two bags yesterday. The 180 didn’t work out but the 120 I got .8g off of 3.5 grams of flower. Is 120 a common micron bag for bud that’s been cured at 62%?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I pre press And don’t use a bag at all a little plant matter doesn’t bother me

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yes I am a press extraordinaire I press all the time LOL. When it comes to filter bags it really depends on what your pressing. For straight flower I would recommend 100 or 120. Thats the sweet spot right around there that 180 you had is a bit too fine you gotta press it on higher heat and really slow to get it to work with 180 and not have a blow out. 100 micron low and slow is the best way IMO. I have gone through hundreds of these filters and they are really expensive but the most descent bang for your buck is the Dulytek I buy them on ebay. You gotta order the ones that are the correct size for your plates...

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

Hello all. I was wondering if there is a chart out there to use when pressing rosin and which Micron bag to use. Pressed two bags yesterday. The 180 didn’t work out but the 120 I got .8g off of 3.5 grams of flower. Is 120 a common micron bag for bud that’s been cured at 62%?
I just got my rosin press I've only pressed my bubble hash at 37 micron it worked well . I have 90 for flower but don't want to press my weed it's a last resort for me I'm on my last jar.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I just got my rosin press I've only pressed my bubble hash at 37 micron it worked well . I have 90 for flower but don't want to press my weed it's a last resort for me I'm on my last jar.
I’ll say again I use no bag 180/190 for 2-2:30 minutes pre press is always best imo

freezeland2

freezeland2

Exactly that one! Then I’ll press in a dab press caged plates I personally like the low temp then I’ll quick wash the leftover pucks - I get it all ! Lol
You pressing flower or hash?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Damn thats 2 things you made me google in this thread.

I wonder if I can use caged with my press.
Oh I’m sure they are sold separately Or in a small press setting - it’s different than ethanol extraction - I might know a guy who would sell a used one next time I press I video it sometime this week

B1BD892E D450 4281 8512 5AC29AACBEE5
Moshmen

Moshmen

I was referring to dry sift or bubble hash to press in to oil.
I know - I smoke the hash and quick wash all the left over from the hash for oil as well so when I’m finally finished I have pressed flower rosin , dry sift ( will b turned into black hash) , quick wash oil and of course fresh flower any left goes into caps even reclaim from the dab rig - nuthin goes to waste here

MajesticFlowers

MajesticFlowers

pressing with no bag!! I 3d printed a pre press and it works wonders. id say you get more yield due to the bag not catching anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom