Rosin Pressing with the new Best Value Vac 30Ton Press

• Thread starter AnselAdams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Massive!
I would be concerned about that shelf..that's alot of weight, not to mention the action when it smashes..Enjoy! and a vid would be super of the movement..Hint..LOL

No worries on the shelf, that is 3/4in ply wood and the shelf it is on gets tighter with downward pressure. Cart and wheels rated to 275lbs. I am about 50 short.
As for the smash, it is buffered to the point that it barely shakes the unit at all.

yes i will upload a video, with sound; pretty sure it won't be first press though. We'll see; maybe just one to show pre-press, movement & sound.

I need to adjust my attitude & altitude first!!!

Kawabungaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :party1:

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Massive!
I would be concerned about that shelf..that's alot of weight, not to mention the action when it smashes..Enjoy! and a vid would be super of the movement..Hint..LOL

OK! first press is done; no video. Just 7g in a 2x2 bag @ 205F using your warm up and bump up until bubbling stopped.

The calculated pressure was just under 4000lbs. I think I applied heat for two long. Will pack another and try again.

20190419 200922
20190419 200948
20190419 201057
20190419 201207
20190419 201221
Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Massive!

Good Morning.

First press was not impressive at all.

First, it appears that i applied too much pressure (blown out bag) or too much heat (to long)(melted ptfe).
second; the output is very,very dark (time on heat or old weed?)
third; the output is very runny, it never firmed up even when left at room temp for 2 hours. This is the point where in BHO i would vacuum purge, which would temper the output so that it could be handled.

for my next test i will stick to the 4K pressure calc, limit temp to 205 and keep the press time at full pressure to 90 seconds regardless output. I can always press a second time.

Suggestions?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Good Morning.

First, it appears that i applied too much pressure (blown out bag) or too much heat (to long)(melted ptfe).
third; the output is very runny, it never firmed up even when left at room temp for 2 hours. This is the point where in BHO i would vacuum purge, which would temper the output so that it could be handled.

for my next test i will stick to the 4K pressure calc, limit temp to 205 and keep the press time at full pressure to 90 seconds regardless output. I can always press a second time.

Suggestions?

I was able to find a couple of articles that let me know I was not alone. Most ran in the same general slant as the snippet below. I will add this to my list of things to add to my process on the next run.

I just happen to have a 6x12x2 in piece of granite left over from when we had the counter tops put in 8 years ago. I was using it as a paperweight and/or door stop. This is a far, far better use. If i put that puppy in the freezer an hour before i press; BAM! As backup i also ordered a 14in stainless steel plate to use with it (place the plate on the stone) or in place of the hunk of stone.

New bags and parchment due to arrive tomorrow. After Family day.... then I can play. :cool:

Peace Out!
. . .

Collecting the Rosin

After a few minutes in the fridge, the rosin should be solid and ready to collect. This can be done with a dabber, carefully scraping the parchment and accumulating the rosin on the dabber tip, before transferring it to a glass jar, silicone pot or oil slick paper for convenient storage. Depending on the temperature used and freshness of the flowers, some cannabis varieties produce a very runny, sappy texture of rosin that can be a challenge to collect, as it won’t solidify in the fridge, and even placing it in the freezer doesn’t help much. In these cases we can use an object with a flat surface that’s been kept cold in the freezer, for example a thick plate, or an ice-pack. By placing the parchment with the sappy resin onto this cold surface, we can make collecting much easier and a lot less messy.

. .

Original URL ==> https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/use-hydraulic-rosin-press/

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Good Morning.

Suggestions?
Almost like growing..less is more! Been pressing for some time now and every press I get has a learning curve! (I test presses and accessories for a company).

My go to temps/time pressure as I mentioned is: (then I adjust from there)
220dF for 120 seconds,.
I warm the puck for 30 seconds before beginning the press.
500lbs at first..1000lbs about 20 -40 seconds later and when I see a flow beginning. then gradually up to 3-4000 lbs until it finishes squirting then release!

For really runny rosin I do this:
Place it in a silicon tub and the tub in a small mason jar with a silica gel pouch taped to the top..close it up for 12hrs or more and it will be much easier to handle. My Sativa leaning strains are very runny as is any just dried flower.

Luckily supply is no problem and I get to play and perfect my process. (nothing like taking a dab right after you extract it..

The tiny one hits the hardest of all my rigs..cheapo China Recycler! (30mm banger is almost as big as the rig!..LOL)
Core banger

A small part of the collection:)
Rigs 3 23 19

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Almost like growing..less is more! Been pressing for some time now and every press I get has a learning curve! (I test presses and accessories for a company).

My go to temps/time pressure as I mentioned is: (then I adjust from there)
220dF for 120 seconds,.
I warm the puck for 30 seconds before beginning the press.
500lbs at first..1000lbs about 20 -40 seconds later and when I see a flow beginning. then gradually up to 3-4000 lbs until it finishes squirting then release!

For really runny rosin I do this:
Place it in a silicon tub and the tub in a small mason jar with a silica gel pouch taped to the top..cloe it up for 12hrs or more and it will be much easier to handle. My Sativa leaning strains are very runny as is any just dried flower.

Luckily supply is no problem and I get to play and perfect my process. (nothing like taking a dab right after you extract it..

The tiny one hits the hardest of all my rigs..cheapo China Recycler! (30mm banger is almost as big as the rig!..LOL)View attachment 866926

A small part of the collection:)
View attachment 866927

a dessicant pack? I have several. Will give it a shot on the next test.

Now that is the gig to have as i look at retirement on the horizon.

Dude, that is an awesome collection of glass. Makes my chest hurt just looking at it :party1:🍻

Thank You.

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

TY..I retired over 10 yrs ago and am loving it! (now that my pain is gone and I can sleep again)

I love glass! More is in the other room.
BTW..I do not test anything for money....just for the fun and sometimes I get to keep the presses..LOL
Both are imports and cost less than $40..(the egg was $30)The one on the left is my newest and has the best recycler function..at the cost of more water and percolation.
Rig China Recycler

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
TY..I retired over 10 yrs ago and am loving it! (now that my pain is gone and I can sleep again)

BTW..I do not test anything for money....just for the fun and sometimes I get to keep the presses..LOL
Both are imports and cost less than $40..(the egg was $30)The one on the left is my newest and has the best recycler function..at the cost of more water and percolation.
View attachment 866928

Barter is the way of the world brother.... capitalism just gets in the way of living & friendships. I think they call that a necessary evil... IMHO

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

View attachment 866928

Is that an electric nail coming off the piece on the left?

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yes
I got mine from a different vendor on Ebay, and I recommend this one hold temps way better than the old one I had.
I thought the remote control was funny, but I do use it..I also suggest a 20mm coil and not the usual 16mm ones..

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Yes
I got mine from a different vendor on Ebay, and I recommend this one hold temps way better than the old one I had.
I thought the remote control was funny, but I do use it..I also suggest a 20mm coil and not the usual 16mm ones..

I'm in! (it'll have to wait until payday) When are you going to cut a how to video :badboy:, let's call it a "Product Review" ... lol it looks like it beats the shit out of a Dremel torch !!!

In all seriousness though, I would appreciate any specific tips on installation & use with a mid-sized piece of glass; say 10in or so . I currently use a straw but being old school, i still like the bong (with or without a banger?). Since I have never used an electric nail, i figured i would ask before hitting YouTube and perhaps save myself some viewing time.

Cheers and Thanks for helping.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I'm in! (it'll have to wait until payday) When are you going to cut a how to video :badboy:, let's call it a "Product Review" ... lol it looks like it beats the shit out of a Dremel torch !!!

In all seriousness though, I would appreciate any specific tips on installation & use with a mid-sized piece of glass; say 10in or so . I currently use a straw but being old school, i still like the bong (with or without a banger?). Since I have never used an electric nail, i figured i would ask before hitting YouTube and perhaps save myself some viewing time.

Cheers and Thanks for helping.
I got my some of the ones I posted on DHgate..If you want links, plz PM me, so I don't look like a salesman..LOL

I don't like most of my mid sized rigs....believe it or not..it's either the larger ones or that tiny one. I move the torch and a rig around the house and on the deck, but the E-nail is my night time unit. (use care with certain pieces as they become unstable) I also recommend either a drop down or an adapter to keep heat away from the rig's joint.
Recyclers for cooler and smoother hits..small bubblers with tiny amounts of water for power hits (or that tiny recycler) That $30 egg is a knockoff of the Mothership $10K Faberge egg.)

Even though supply is not a problem, I usually get 4-5 tasty hits from a single mid sized dab. With a torch and a core banger..I only get 2-3 hits before I go for a Q-tip and soak up the old oil (I try for low temperature dabs). I also like quartz bangers for taste..but my tile floors have claimed a few, so I also keep a grade 2 Titanium banger around. Carb caps are imperative!
Quartz bangers are cool for E-nails, but a special Quartz one with a little "shelf" like thing is on them to hold the coil in place around the banger body. (The coil sits on top of the titanium universal banger that they supply (my vendor was cool and subbed a 20mm coil and quartz banger for the titanium one)

For most material I set the E-nail at 650 F. Never really got a good reading from my heat gun and these units (like presses!) are all calibrated differently. The consistency of my rosin falls in the very gooey taffy category, and is pretty easy to handle (Nitrile gloves and a cold plate for collecting, are a must though when pressing )

Later..
Going for munchies.. G'night

(it looks dark because it was about 3/8" thick! (it's real color is on the white ceramic dab tool and white silicon jar..still no bag)
Rosin 10 7 18

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I got my some of the ones I posted on DHgate..If you want links, plz PM me, so I don't look like a salesman..LOL

I don't like most of my mid sized rigs....believe it or not..it's either the larger ones or that tiny one. I move the torch and a rig around the house and on the deck, but the E-nail is my night time unit. (use care with certain pieces as they become unstable) I also recommend either a drop down or an adapter to keep heat away from the rig's joint.
Recyclers for cooler and smoother hits..small bubblers with tiny amounts of water for power hits (or that tiny recycler) That $30 egg is a knockoff of the Mothership $10K Faberge egg.)

Even though supply is not a problem, I usually get 4-5 tasty hits from a single mid sized dab. With a torch and a core banger..I only get 2-3 hits before I go for a Q-tip and soak up the old oil (I try for low temperature dabs). I also like quartz bangers for taste..but my tile floors have claimed a few, so I also keep a grade 2 Titanium banger around. Carb caps are imperative!
Quartz bangers are cool for E-nails, but a special Quartz one with a little "shelf" like thing is on them to hold the coil in place around the banger body. (The coil sits on top of the titanium universal banger that they supply (my vendor was cool and subbed a 20mm coil and quartz banger for the titanium one)

For most material I set the E-nail at 650 F. Never really got a good reading from my heat gun and these units (like presses!) are all calibrated differently. The consistency of my rosin falls in the very gooey taffy category, and is pretty easy to handle (Nitrile gloves and a cold plate for collecting, are a must though when pressing )

Later..
Going for munchies.. G'night

(it looks dark because it was about 3/8" thick! (it's real color is on the white ceramic dab tool and white silicon jar..still no bag)
View attachment 866933

Impressive!

Goodnight

Latest posts

Top Bottom