Rosin Technique,, Tried It And Like It!

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Has anyone tried this new rosin technique? I love it!! I took two small nugs and got a couple nice dab hits out of them. The technique is easy and butane free! Im testing out temps at this moment to get it right so if anyone has any tips, please pass them along. This is a great way of making some dabs with only a couple nugs. No need to blast several grams anymore and no butane.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
i tried it and got a few fat dabs out of like 3 bong rips worth - the rosin was honey colored and looked amazing

must be getting my nail too hot though or something bc I find it very harsh - gonna try some with my homies enail

saw an email today with a 3 year warranty for 200 bux - seems like a good deal - might have to look into that

Calixylon

Calixylon

Theres another thread with some info. Squash your buds first, the denser the starting material, the larger the yield. Remove all small leaves, and make sure that its all bud, no sugar leaves, they seem to absorb the oil back into the bud if you dont remove all the leaves. The hotter your press, the more stable your rosin will come out, lower temps provide more terps, but the rosin is unstable and hard to collect. I use my hair straigthner between 25-30 heat setting.
Indica's press much better, since sativas tend to not make very greasy hash i usually dont bother pressing sativas. The best yielders ive pressed are Kush varieties, Blue crosses, and anything with OG juices like a champ. If your buds are airy, and loose its almost not worth pressing unless there coated, if you do have larfy stuff, clean off all the leaves, and stem then squish the bud into a small pea shaped nugglet, this will allow you to get the most out of your non dense flowers. I also never press more than .3 usually around .2, any more and i feel the oil is reabsorbed into the flower. I use a 12'' G clamp that exerts a max force of 125 lbs, its perfect size and anymore force and i would break the straightner. 12 bucks at homedepot

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
made some rosin again with my titanic cut (wifi x tres dawg)

got to smoke with an e-nail and that shit takes it to a new level - temp control = terp control - tasted terps in my weed like I never tasted - the titanic tasted like an orange and a pine tree tag teamed some old school hash - and the high is so much better than bho

also smoked some live resin you see in the pic with the e-nail - that was pretty good - but i thought the rosin was better - may be bias on my part since i used my own weed for the rosin

pressed 5 bong hit sized buds and got a dime size (not as thick) puck - made 4 good dabs for me anyway lol - couldnt have been much more than a gram of bud

Rosin3
Rosin2
Rosin
Zob

C

cj smith

if i made an air tight metal press with a sintered 5 micron stainless steel mesh screen filter welder to the bottom. an heated said press to about 300 degrees, and dropped in a grade bubble hash. pressed with bottle jack.. high heat and pressure. i should be able to make rosin right? any thoughts...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
@cj smith

people are selling modified tshirt presses (dnail has one where the top plate heats up) and I saw one that was a pneumatic press with heated top and bottom plate

both were pretty cool- the tshirt press was 475 and the pneumatic was 3600 - when I saw them both I thought bottlejack would be a cheap way to upgrade the 500 dollar press

so you are onto something for sure...

C

cj smith

everyone uses alcohol or butane for a solvent.. i just read that acetone like butane has no proof of long term effects and leaves virtually nothing behind. im not saying its a good idea, but y is butane ok but acetone ,one of the best solvents, never considered? just a thought

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Im pressing at 310 degrees. Is that an ok temp or should i go higher?

thats what I press at - or at least what my iron says it is - its the lowest setting

had a dif iron that would only go down to 340 - and it would make the shit sizzle and be much darker

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i press way lower usually.

if i am doing fairly dry material, i press starting at around 240, then turn the press off and press for up to a minute for great yields. however one can press almost fresh material quite well, but you need more heat, say around 265, for 30-40 seconds. that just with almost green material.

mikeb437

mikeb437

i press way lower usually.

if i am doing fairly dry material, i press starting at around 240, then turn the press off and press for up to a minute for great yields. however one can press almost fresh material quite well, but you need more heat, say around 265, for 30-40 seconds. that just with almost green material.

Ill try turning mine off when it reaches 310 and see what happens. 310 seems too hot for me

BubbaG

BubbaG

Cool thread. About a year ago I made this press up. 10T hydraulic ram will squeeze the 316 polished SS plates with a fair amount of force. I built it because I was in to making shatter from co2 extract.... yes it's possible but compression is key before heating it till it glasses.... Anyway, I just pulled a z of almost full melt bubble off a yeti. Going to press the fuck out of it tomorrow, then bring the plates up to various temps wit a torch and see what happens

Top Bottom