Rot During Dry/cure

• Thread starter Disinformant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Disinformant

So new grower in Portland and Ive done everything wrong from the get go but through persistence I was able to save a clone(ogkb) from root rot a couple of times, clone her, get them going, fortune smiled on me cuz I was at a hydro store when a sales rep gave me a cyco platinum kit. After which things improved until I hit the light and singed a cola. Two weeks ago I got hit with spider mites. Used dish soap to try to get them to go away ... worked for about a week. Alright I harvested one plant early and a couple colas off another(including the singed cola that was forming rot). I had super resinous buds and i quick dried some. well I didnt flush so they tasted like crap. The last 3 plants Im running just water a bit of molasses to finish.
Anyways heres a couple pics I cant tell if they look like this from my bad job drying the fact I didnt flush or I contaminated them with rotted cola at harvest.

pics coming momentarily

D

Disinformant

This so there's a slightly yellow ting inside the buds when I pulled apart over nutes maybe or rot?

IMG 20170221 233418095
IMG 20170221 233358121
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'd be more worried about smoking spider mites, their shit, dead corpses.

Dish soap will NOT fully kill spider mites. Even the seasoned grower calls it quits from them. Their harder to rid than a crazy ass EX GF!

D

Disinformant

Yeah they've tore up my plants. More evidence here esp in the second pic. There seems to be a lot of buds lower on the plants that don't look ready but the tops do. They have only been on molasses for three days... Im gonna wait a few more days then harvest.

IMG 20170222 101328632
IMG 20170222 101216349
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
This so there's a slightly yellow ting inside the buds when I pulled apart over nutes maybe or rot?
Bud rot will usually turn from grey to brown inside(the bud will turn to mush and basically fall apart). Itll also have a musty smell... break them all open and let it dry real well and inspect the damage.

D

Disinformant

well the smell is cookie dough ? and faint hit of pinesol ? As far as musty...I cant identify musty smells anymore ... I swear mold grows on everything in the nw. But it is crumbly not quite like the rotted cola I had singed but not normal to me If I have the beginnings of wide spread rot would it be best to harvest and forget smoking any of it as flower? Is there anything I can do to kill the spores in one of the refining processes?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
well the smell is cookie dough ? and faint hit of pinesol ? As far as musty...I cant identify musty smells anymore ... I swear mold grows on everything in the nw. But it is crumbly not quite like the rotted cola I had singed but not normal to me If I have the beginnings of wide spread rot would it be best to harvest and forget smoking any of it as flower? Is there anything I can do to kill the spores in one of the refining processes?
See any of this inside?
Bud rot is a total loss imo.. you can cut around it when dry but i would not recommend
PM can be rinsed off in h202 dips but i dont recommend that either.

Screenshot 2017 02 22 12 13 21
D

Disinformant

So turns out I just needed to take a look in sunlight. Where I cut the previous cola and an adjacent stem there was rot. I harvested that plant the entire stems of the rotted buds were discarded. I'm hesitant to let the rest slow dry. So I'm making blender hash and cannabutter today.
So many firsts...

And thank you for the responses they are appreciated.

IMG 20170222 134741924
IMG 20170222 134812055
IMG 20170222 134732101
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Could still blast it all. Besides the rotten ones. Looks like nice trichs, decent oil I would think if done with mediocrity

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

just seen did u say u going to make food with what u think might be molded bud?????

D

Disinformant

No I don't think it's moldy bud . Once in sunlight I broke it down and inspected the buds. Other than what I stated I removed there wasn't any rot. I think it's contaminated as in there are mold spores on it enough to where I wouldn't want it to slow dry / cure and take hold. 170 in a convection oven till overly dry caused the yellow ting I was worried about initially. I duplicated that today. Anyways butter is nice... First time .... Didn't really expect to be that stoned for the better part of 6 hours. I had a lot of fun cooking today first by following recipes then cooking by observation which has left me with a lot of questions to research and a new fondness for my French press.

While I may not of followed some of the advice this time. It has led me to one conclusion. If your screwing up early just spend the cash on fresh seeds/ clones don't waste effort, nutes, and electricity on growing diseased plants.

Top Bottom