Round 2: TGA Qrazy Train + Attitude Freebie Hempy Grow

• Thread starter Kaiser Puff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kaiser Puff

Hey guys, I'm making a new journal to seperate what I'm doing on this new run. Quick summary, I'm 16 days into growing 3 Qrazy Train reg seeds and 1 ea Blueberry Gum, Kandy Kush, Sour Cream, Pineapple Express feminized. I'm using hempys made with perlite, coco, and promix BX. Start to finish CNS17 Bloom nutes, Liquid Karma, Quantum-1. I plan to auto water the hempys using my aero tub, feeding 6oz. of solution over 25 sec every 40min. I don't plan on setting that up until flowering when I'll reposition everything to use the 1000W bare bulb vertical I plan on running.

Interesting notes, QT#1 is the smallest and the one I treated with Quantum-1 a couple days after the others. It could be coincidence though... Also the BB Gum, PEx, Sour Cream and Kandy Kush going on the other side all show slight curl from heat stress whereas the Qrazy Train seedlings seem a bit hardier. I repositioned my fan to move the radiant heat a little better.

Round 2 tga qrazy train  attitude freebie hempy grow
Round 2 tga qrazy train  attitude freebie hempy grow 2
Round 2 tga qrazy train  attitude freebie hempy grow 3
Round 2 tga qrazy train  attitude freebie hempy grow 4
Round 2 tga qrazy train  attitude freebie hempy grow 5
D

Dubsta

looking good im interested in the Qrazy Train, sounds like it will produce some really good buds with flavor to die for!

K

Kaiser Puff

YO! I was hesistant buying g13 labs at first because it seemed like a gimmick but i tell you what man... pineaplle express is the shiznit son! or for our older farmers it is the bees knees!

warm sugary pineapple musk! awesome trichome coverage and super easy to trim! one leaf off each bud and done! it gets a lil lanky in flower but not too bad. kick ass stuff!

I hear ya man, I'd be hesitant to drop money on any fem seeds so the October promo was perfect. Heard good things about Sour Cream and PEx, BB Gum sounds promising too and is off to a nice start.

C

cheech

hey what dollar store did you get those buckets from :D

1 buck beats the hell out of the 6 a grow store wants for a 3 gallon

K

Kaiser Puff

hey what dollar store did you get those buckets from :D

1 buck beats the hell out of the 6 a grow store wants for a 3 gallon

I got 'em from Dollar Tree. Oh heck yeah it beats hydro store prices for sure. I was going to try to get free empty kitty litter pails, but it was getting to where I was spending more in gas hunting around for free crap lol.

C

cheech

yea my g/f got them from there too.. she called me up and told me they sold 2.5 gallon pails for a buck - i told her to buy as many as she could fit in her car. since then i've bought more. now i have 120 of them lol

K

Kaiser Puff

yea my g/f got them from there too.. she called me up and told me they sold 2.5 gallon pails for a buck - i told her to buy as many as she could fit in her car. since then i've bought more. now i have 120 of them lol

Good to know some stores have the 2.5gal pails. I just grabbed what I saw at the first Dollar Tree. I'm using the autowatering system to overcome the small pail size.

K

Kaiser Puff

Day 18 Veg:

I FIM'ed the seedlings today at the 4th/5th node, hopefully I'll get 4 main colas. 7 plants with 4 colas should fit pretty well around a bare 1k HPS i think. Anyone know what the optimal plant height should be, i.e. what's the length of the light spread of a 1k HPS 12-16in from center?

IMG 20101031 205502
IMG 20101031 205720
QT2 18d
QT 3 18d FIMed
C

cheech

for a 1k bare bulb, 16 sounds good to me. when i did this, i vegged them horizontal until they were 1'. then kept vegging them vertically with the tip of the bulb at the top of the plants so they would keep growing up towards the light.. then flowered at 3'. the mistake i made was keeping the plants too close thinking i would get fatter nugs. put a fan under the bulb to help it dissipate the heat.

homebrew420

homebrew420

They look good! Will be wating this one. Nice and diffenet strain choices, freebies whatever. best of luck to ya.

Peace

homebrew420

homebrew420

Looks good. be watching this one.

Good choices on the genetics. Hoping to see something good.
Peace

K

Kaiser Puff

for a 1k bare bulb, 16 sounds good to me. when i did this, i vegged them horizontal until they were 1'. then kept vegging them vertically with the tip of the bulb at the top of the plants so they would keep growing up towards the light.. then flowered at 3'. the mistake i made was keeping the plants too close thinking i would get fatter nugs. put a fan under the bulb to help it dissipate the heat.

Thanks for the input bro! 16in does sound like a good round number. Since I'll have a max of 7 plants I was planning on a inner perimeter of 12" from center. That leaves me a foot wide+ butter zone to grow out some bushes. Vertical looks so good on paper, I'm hoping it pans out. I'll be buying one of those fans you can make vertical when I put up the light.

I'm seeing the plants getting bigger, it looks about the same rate as my aero grow which is good I guess, though my aero grow was plagued with problems at the beginning so i don't know. I'm wondering how much longer of a veg I have on these, the sooner the flip day the better for me but I want a decent yield of course. I had planned on 2-3 more weeks but unless they do some taking off not sure they'll be big enough at that point.

K

Kaiser Puff

Day 19:

Fed plants 3ml/gal CNS17 Bloom, 2.5ml/gal Liquid Karma. Plants are drinking faster, looks like the roots have made it to the perlite res. Sour Cream and BB Gum are hungrier then the others, SC burned out her cots already, the only one to do that so far. QT #3 is the runt though it looks uniform to 1 and 2. I hope that doesn't mean 1 girl and 2 boys, we'll see I guess.

IMG 20101102 110315
Sour Cream 19d
Blueberry Gum 19d
K

Kaiser Puff

Day 23 Veg:

5 days have past since the FIM. QT#1 the runt looks to have taken the FIM successfully, just missed a bit. QT#2 looks like a clean FIM, 4 grow points ready to pop. QT#3 is a mess, don't know what's going to pop out of that one. Funny I thought I cut too far down on 1 and 2 but it looks like I left too much on #3. Hopefully 2-3 more weeks of veg and they'll be ready to flip.

Got a little leaf curl, I went with the label strength 5ml/gal of CNS17 in foliar a few days ago, looks to have burned some of the big fans. Going to stick with just Liquid Karma in foliar going forward. Aside from that growth as a whole looks good across the board. These are now growing faster then my first run in Aero, but last run's girls had a much harder life in the beginning. 5 strains and they are all growing at a similar rate, QT#1 is the only runt.

BTW cheech I think I will go for a distance of 16in and try to fill out the larger volume.

IMG 20101105 223406
IMG 20101105 223604
IMG 20101105 224103
QT 1 23d
QT 2 23d
QT 3 23d
K

Kaiser Puff

oing a time lapse thing to track growth in the last 2 weeks. They look pretty good overall I think, happy with the hempy buckets thus far.

Pics are 14, 18, 25 days and the group shots are 11, 18, 25 days.

Blueberry Gum, Pineapple Express, Kandy Kush, Sour Cream 25days and Qrazy Train #2

IMG 20101024 010132
IMG 20101031 205502
IMG 20101107 145053
Blueberry Gum 14d
Blueberry Gum 19d
Blueberry Gum 25d
Pineapple Express 14d
Pineapple Express 19d
Pineapple Express 25d
Kandy Kush 14d
Kandy Kush 19d
Kandy Kush 25d
Sour Cream 25d
QT2 14d
QT2 18d
QT 2 25d
K

Kaiser Puff

Day 30 Veg:

These plants are getting beefy, PEx is hitting 15.5in, QT #1 is 8in and the rest range 12-14in. and growing fast. Fed today 12ml/gal CNS17 Bloom, 10ml/gal Sweet, 15ml/gal Liquid Karma, 10ml/gal Quantum-1. Not going to have my light for over a week most likely so these will probably be over 2ft by then which is pretty good for vert. Hopefully this MH will keep everything tight, I'm considering starting foliar of Purple Maxx soon for that purpose. I spotted the start of Mg def it seems on the lower fans of most of the plants, treated with foliar of epsom salts. Should be enough, next feed I'll up the nutes and Sweet a bit.

IMG 20101112 133439
IMG 20101112 133557
IMG 20101112 133614
Blueberry Gum 30d deficency
QT 3 30d deficency
K

Kaiser Puff

QT#2 and 3 side shot. They were growing uniformly until day 18 when I FIM'ed them. You can see clearly how #2 took the FIM and #3 kept on truckin' #3 is 13in and #2 is 9in.

QT 2  3 30d
K

Kaiser Puff

Starting to see some signs of preflowering on the Qrazy Trains, still too early to call though. QT 2 isn't showing yet but 1 and 3 might be girls. QT#1 is still the runt at 11.5in though getting bushy and throwing 9 finger leaves, probably a Purple Urkle dom pheno, I've heard they are slow veggers. I snapped some pics of the 6th node of QT#3, it looks like a pistil coming out on the left but a nub almost like a male on the right so I have no idea yet.

IMG 20101116 140334
IMG 20101116 140757
K

Kaiser Puff

Here's how they're looking at 34 days; I plan to start a 36hr dark cycle and switch to 12/12 by the end of the week. First one is BB Gum on the left, PEx on the right, next one is Qrazy Train 1, 2, 3 from left to right, had to get a booster seat for QT #1 hehe. I moved #2 in the last pic so you can see Sour Cream with PEx towering in the background and Kandy Kush on the back left.

BBG PEx 34d
QT 123 34d
SC 34d
Top Bottom