Round done in year old Coco mix - pics

• Thread starter BCrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JPLord01

JPLord01

Im on my 3rd run with the same mix coco/hydroton and perlite.

K

kushsmoker30

da da da daaaam, looks like turd city over there LOL. if thats what reusing coco does im reusing it forever;).

4 real tho, nice work i know ur proud n shoot i'm wishing that was me.

B

bckwht

They look great! If you don't mind me asking, what nutes do you use? I'm about to start some coco/perlite buckets and have been shopping around for a decent nute recipe..so far lookin like I'll be using pbp, calmag, and molasses

BCrocker

BCrocker

They look great! If you don't mind me asking, what nutes do you use? I'm about to start some coco/perlite buckets and have been shopping around for a decent nute recipe..so far lookin like I'll be using pbp, calmag, and molasses

Canna + a calmg product, and 1 g/L of kool bloom powder from week 5.5 to 7. That is basically all that was used. Had a slight calcium issue in the beginning of flower due to some bad botanicare calmg, but I swapped it out and the problem did not further.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I just moved and took all the coco out of the pots from the last grow at the old place and put it in 2 big ass containers. Its been sitting in my garage for like 8 months. at least 40 gallons worth. Did you do anything to treat the coco as far as pest or charging it up a bit.

H

hogan400

BC, nice job man. Each time I consider reusing my coco I get a little nervous...
I see both you and Jplord are doin it with decent results. I like the concept but was wondering if you guys are doing anything special before reuse as well?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

BC, nice job man. Each time I consider reusing my coco I get a little nervous...
I see both you and Jplord are doin it with decent results. I like the concept but was wondering if you guys are doing anything special before reuse as well?
yeah me too, but more for the hassle of separating it. can't keep buying more
hydroton though..
are you guys just enzyming/composting the root-hairballs?

BCrocker

BCrocker

yeah me too, but more for the hassle of separating it. can't keep buying more
hydroton though..
are you guys just enzyming/composting the root-hairballs?

Last couple feedings are something like 0.5 to 0.7 EC , A+B+ZYM

Just dump out pots and take as much root mass out as possible within reason.. mix it up with the rest of the pots and start transplanting.

H

hogan400

Ok BC, ima get a little bit more specific... since Im already here and posted..lol
First, are you reusing this immediately in your vegging plants? Or simply into the veg to bloom transfer.

My thought/questions are two part, it seems that the majority of salts will be flushed due to a proper end flush prior to reuse. That being the case, whats left over, cause you any issues? Like over feed, wrong balance of feed, do you see, yellowing or any nute def's per say early if in veg or early if used in bloom?

Second part, maybe in reuse, the additional high boosters used at the end of a cycle remaining could possibly aid in the veg cycle portion of rooting. Its possible I imagine, any left over high P/K will assist in a stronger root structure, before additional N and besides whatever a grower cal/mag additions are?

This would make sense to me why many coco re-users would report the same as you, great results. Whats ur input and any additional thoughts? You can pm me as well if you'd like to get into more detail. Thanks man.
H400

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

i meant pond enzymes, and thinking that could also help with any excess salt (minimal anyway after i end-flush with sugar/chelators/water). maybe just dump it in totes and let leftover roots compost for a cycle before reusing? and maybe add crobes into the process for a bigger herd ready at transplant?

i've also done some 50/50ish super-chow testers amended with a bunch of organic stuff, although a little dicier for 6-pack hi-freq dtw (low ec for sure). meds came out real nice, will play with it again and develop when I have time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom